Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Neil Lennon hints at a move south!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]It will happen you are right. But there''s to many on this board that would quite happily have the owner of me here forever even if we go to the blue square bet. Anything would be better than being proved wrong. This is easily visible by the "everything''s getting better" threads. How can anyone say we are getting better when the object of the game is to score goals. But we don''t. That aside world beaters. One poster even wants him here next season if we stay up BORK[/quote]

IF we stay up, P45, MrMcgoo etc etc, if we stay up, then the board will rightly look at it and say something like - "Mr. Hughton has kept us in this division for two seasons, built a decent squad that managed to stay up despite the difficulties invloved, got sufficient results in the last few weeks of the season to show he has the team behind him.  In the interests of continuity and to see the team/squad building continue, we should employ Mr. Hughton for another season, as any other course of action would mean considerable upheaval and unnecessary  financial consequences of reshaping the squad all over again.  On balance he is still the man to take us forward into next season".   That is not what I necessarily think, but is what I think McNally and the board would say. [/quote]

You rather like that word don''t you Mr LDC?[/quote]?? What is your point? 

[quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]"You rather like that word don''t you Mr LDC? You can''t mean the word THINK surely Jimbo[/quote]

LDC doesn''t do think Mr HA .

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]"You rather like that word don''t you Mr LDC? You can''t mean the word THINK surely Jimbo[/quote]

LDC doesn''t do think Mr HA .

[/quote]Oh ha ha.  Of course not.Perhaps I should just behave like some of  you - like sheep who follow the loudest "baa".

Don''t be to critical Jimbo..... He thinks everything''s rosie. He started a great thread the other day surely you didn''t miss it.... "I''m thinking about thinking about thinking about the weather for the game as I''m thinking about going but it all depends"

[quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]Don''t be to critical Jimbo..... He thinks everything''s rosie. He started a great thread the other day surely you didn''t miss it.... "I''m thinking about thinking about thinking about the weather for the game as I''m thinking about going but it all depends"[/quote]

I''m thinking that the standard of trolling on this board at the moment is at an all time low.

Perhaps we should remember the great Paul Lambert was one of Martin O''Neils players and captains. So like wise was Lennon. Could be a good omen?

Bet he still refers to MON as boss in the same way Lambert alway did our of respect.

Absolutely right, both Lambert and Lennon served MO''N in that fantastic Celtic team that so very nearly won the UEFA Cup and as you rightly identify both still ''doff the cap'' in his presence.

I think it''s about the only time I saw Lambert look a bit sheepish when we went away to Sunderland when he was in charge, not an easy thing to achieve I''d imagine.

Still it''s always reassuring to see the same old faces throwing their toys out of the pram, after all why discuss something relevant to the clubs immediate future when you can draw yet more attention to yourself?