Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Neil Lennon hints at a move south!

He''s attack minded but capable of being defensive. He''s managed a couple of teams, low league though.

Just spoken to a celtic supporting friend of mine who lives Dennistoun and apparently it''s common knowledge that he''s unhappy up there he''s been attacked 3 times in the city centre over about the last 18 months (sectarianism) and also had live ammunition posted to his home address and addressed to him at Celtic Park also.

", I suggest he dons the wig and comedy nose. Show pity"

A comedy nose???? Tut tut a sly off hand remark at jewish people!!!! I can''t believe what I''m reading I''m utterly flabbergasted!!!! Also the wig and show pitty comments are disgusting!!!! I''ve a friends cousins mates nephews mate that''s fighting alopecia yet you seem to find amusement in talks off wigs etc!!! Call yourself a city fan???? I''m disgusted and YOU SIR are an alopecianist and I''m ringing the police and mi5\6 as you must be a terrorist to criticise hair loss !!!!! Report report report unless you retort!!!!!!!!!

We I started this post I expected some sensible comment. Some of the totally awful comments made make me lose faith in this board.

It , not just on this post, is getting out of hand. There was me assuming NFC supporters were all half decent people compared with many other clubs.

[quote user="City 2nd"]I personally think he is the chosen one, and will join us June 1st. Deal done.[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Just spoken to a celtic supporting friend of mine who lives Dennistoun and apparently it''s common knowledge that he''s unhappy up there he''s been attacked 3 times in the city centre over about the last 18 months (sectarianism) and also had live ammunition posted to his home address and addressed to him at Celtic Park also.[/quote]Well he''d certainly be safe from that sort of behaviour here, well at least until we didn''t win for a couple of games or played defensively or held out for an away draw or didn''t reach the pre season targets set by some or didn''t perform in accordance with our FM2015 stats, didn''t play my favourite player, hid the fact that he is Scottish etc. etc. frankly we don''t need Neil Lennon at this club we need  Robomanager the way the lunatic fringe is heading.

Yep, I would love it if the board appointed him. He can''t possibly be worse than the clown, and their is a fair chance he would be better. Give Hoots his marching orders and bring in Lennon. Simple.

He has done well at Celtic, no doubting that, but then even I could manage that club to the title! I''d have to be convinced he could hack it in a competitive league, but he seems to have the right qualities as a manager, he''s not afraid to be mean but seems a decent guy as well. A bit like him as a player.

I don''t know if there''d be any truth in the rumours he''s confirmed to manage us but i''ve no doubts we''ve considered him amongst a few potentials.

Despite being on the "out" side of Hughton, i''d far rather Hughton turned it around and we''ll get to April and wonder what all the fuss was about. It''s hard to see it happening though.

Lennon is an interesting character. While people tend to focus on the fact he manages in Scotland, his Champion''s League results must not be overlooked. Since Rangers have gone down the tubes some of the edge has gone away from Celtic due to the easy nature of the league, but overall he''s an intellugent and decent manager who likes attacking football (although does get very, very angry on occasion). I reckon he''d be worth a punt and if he brought Commons with him could link up well with Hooper.

Being a NCFC exile, if you think things are bad down there I was punished by watching Stirling Albion vs. Albion Rovers at the w/e...the crowd was a mighty 541!!!

McNally said last week we would only replace the current manager if the next one was an improvement on what we have...

so why is Lennon still at Celtic?

The problem is jas, Mr McNally will not be able to find an improvement on Chris Hughton. Nobody could have done a better job of turning the team around from what was basically an over achieving championship side. I have studied the way he works and you can be assured, all is fine.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Happy for him to move south,  as long as he does not come here[/quote]Yes. I gather Frinton on Sea is nice, if he fancies somewhere very different to Glasgow.

"McNally said last week we would only replace the current manager if the next one was an improvement on what we have.."

I think even Hyde''s manager would be an upgrade on coco

Talk about extremes, to go from Mr Nice Guy to Mr Nasty (supposedly).

The Celtic fans seem split over him, they think he''ll be "found out" in the English Premiership, then again, if I recall, Livingston fans hated Lambert and said he was League Two at best. Funny old game.

After you can call me Midas aka Neil Doomcaster decided to weave his special brand of magic in the SPL there''s a certain degree of irony in all of this.

The very same Doomcaster who was Chief Executive of the SPL who allowed Craig Whyte to pass a fit and proper persons test, of course he was Neil me old chum, of course he was.

Then, after having overseen Whyte''s takeover and the resulting Armageddon at Ibrox, Rangers end up playing pub football and the SPL is absolutely and completely devoid of any meaningful competition. If there ever was.

No wonder then that Neil Lennon isn''t exactly champing at the bit waiting for Rangers return and four decent league fixtures a season, I''d really like to think that ''Good old Neil'' might just have played his usual hapless part in facilitating the appointment of our next manager.

I loved Doomcaster, the eternal joy of his AGM''s, the ''go get em'' approach to club management, what a man, what a star.

If we want another lambert - granted a ginger one from Northern Ireland - I can''t think of anyone better.

It will happen you are right. But there''s to many on this board that would quite happily have the owner of me here forever even if we go to the blue square bet. Anything would be better than being proved wrong. This is easily visible by the "everything''s getting better" threads. How can anyone say we are getting better when the object of the game is to score goals. But we don''t. That aside world beaters. One poster even wants him here next season if we stay up BORK

[quote user="City 2nd"]Wiz wrote the following post at 2014-02-18 8:28 PM: This will happen ^^^^^^^^^^ Huzzah On the cards![/quote]

[quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]It will happen you are right. But there''s to many on this board that would quite happily have the owner of me here forever even if we go to the blue square bet. Anything would be better than being proved wrong. This is easily visible by the "everything''s getting better" threads. How can anyone say we are getting better when the object of the game is to score goals. But we don''t. That aside world beaters. One poster even wants him here next season if we stay up BORK[/quote]

IF we stay up, P45, MrMcgoo etc etc, if we stay up, then the board will rightly look at it and say something like - "Mr. Hughton has kept us in this division for two seasons, built a decent squad that managed to stay up despite the difficulties invloved, got sufficient results in the last few weeks of the season to show he has the team behind him.  In the interests of continuity and to see the team/squad building continue, we should employ Mr. Hughton for another season, as any other course of action would mean considerable upheaval and unnecessary  financial consequences of reshaping the squad all over again.  On balance he is still the man to take us forward into next season".  

That is not what I necessarily think, but is what I think McNally and the board would say.

He may be a good manager, he may be an average one we have very little to go on.He manages a team with a £70 million turnover in a league where the next "biggest" team has a turnover of £7 million.I wont say that anyone could manage Celtic to the title but its as near to a one team league as you will find.He has had one managerial job in one league.Done ok in Europe if getting out of the group stages once is a definition of success

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]It will happen you are right. But there''s to many on this board that would quite happily have the owner of me here forever even if we go to the blue square bet. Anything would be better than being proved wrong. This is easily visible by the "everything''s getting better" threads. How can anyone say we are getting better when the object of the game is to score goals. But we don''t. That aside world beaters. One poster even wants him here next season if we stay up BORK[/quote]

IF we stay up, P45, MrMcgoo etc etc, if we stay up, then the board will rightly look at it and say something like -

"Mr. Hughton has kept us in this division for two seasons, built a decent squad that managed to stay up despite the difficulties invloved, got sufficient results in the last few weeks of the season to show he has the team behind him.  In the interests of continuity and to see the team/squad building continue, we should employ Mr. Hughton for another season, as any other course of action would mean considerable upheaval and unnecessary  financial consequences of reshaping the squad all over again.  On balance he is still the man to take us forward into next season".  

That is not what I necessarily think, but is what I think McNally and the board would say.

[/quote]

You rather like that word don''t you Mr LDC?