Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Neil Lennon hints at a move south!

In today''s Mail on Line they stated he has suggested his shelf life at Celtic may be fours years. Which is this year. With the mail hinting if CH goes he could be considered for us.

Reading the whole item, it seems to me that Lennon is dropping a very big hint . What are the thoughts on this forum? May be the best that is available ?

I personally am not a fan at all of Neil Lennon and feel that Keith Lemmon could probably achieve as much at Celtic currrently, so for me its a NO thanks, and there will certainly be better available when we do require someone.

Mark, I tend to agree, just felt that with our CE connection with Celtic! which must have played a part in PL arriving here.

Clearly Managing Celtic must be truly easy compared with any PL side. Nothing is ever more certain than them winning their league next season as sure as night follows day. Hell even Calderwood could do it!

It''s a different world, as I am sure Garry Hooper would agree.

Untried and untested, i do not count managing in Scotland. He has just as much chance of being another Peter Grant as he has of being another Paul Lambert. Add to this there seems to be growing discontent among some of the Celtic supporters as to style of football and quality of signings , i think we have heard that here recently?

Not sure Calderwood managing Celtic would be a success.

Calderwood for Celtic eh? Now that would be a wizard wheeze rumour to spread on the Celtic message boards:-)

I love the way that belittle lennons achievements. He''s achieved some great things in the champions league.

Nobody belittles Hootun with the newcastle squad that he had in the championship.

You can only beat what''s in front of you.

So Neil Lennon is un tried in the prem? So was Lambert but i didn''t see anyone bemoaning that fact when we were promoted to the Pl under him....No one wanted him gone and replaced before the season started.....so whats the difference?

pretty sure lennons ability to put the equivalent of a championship team into the last 16 of the champions league makes him more than experienced to manage in our top flight.hes been managing in scotland not azerbaijanwould be as good a choice as anyone else being suggestedat least there would be no doubts over man management, generally managers that dont pee their pants and run away when people send them bullets and death threats through the post arent likely  to take any ish from anyone

I agree. I think where he would be streets ahead of Hughton is that he has a bit of edge about him and would install more motivation and belief in the players.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Life would certainly be interesting. He is not the most pleasant person.[/quote]who cares ?nice guys finish lasthughtons currently doing a great example of that

no one likes their boss do they, because the 5h1t slides downhill

Stan - I would have no problem at all as long as he did what he was here to do.

The same would go for any manager that we had, who ever that might be.

Why would he want to swap the largest salary budget (by a mile) in his current league for one of the smallest in ours? Why would he want to swap guaranteed European football for an annual relegation scrap?

But even if he wanted to come frankly I wouldn''t want him anywhere near our club. This is a guy who achieves the almost impossible by making Billy Davies seem a nice fellow.

He seems to me ideal for a club like Celtic whose mere existence is a focal point for bigotry and hatred, about as far removed from a club like ours as you can get.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Why on Earth would we want a manager with hideous ginger hair? We''d be a laughing stock![/quote]

And we''re not already?

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Why on Earth would we want a manager with hideous ginger hair? We''d be a laughing stock![/quote]
Least when he turns into a coco he''ll need less photoshopping.

My absolute first choice given our perilous position.

Assuming the Board made the long overdue and bold decision to relieve the current incumbents of their duties what qualities are we looking for?

To learn how to ''win ugly'' to kick and generally battle our way to safety, somehow Lennon seems to embody this sort of approach more than any other I can think of.

No need for translators (possibly) and all that sort of thing, the ability to really hot the ground running and start kicking some proverbial backside around the club.

That said in the pervious Champions League campaign Celtic also played some pretty impressive stuff as well so hopefully we won''t be adopting the Pullis approach.

Come summer and assuming he could keep us up then I''d hope he could bring Scot Brown with him, now I''m sure he''s just the sort of player we really could do with. A natural born hard and nasty bar-steward, captain and leader.

A minority and unpopular view that much I''m sure

[quote user="Bury Green"]My absolute first choice given our perilous position. Assuming the Board made the long overdue and bold decision to relieve the current incumbents of their duties what qualities are we looking for? To learn how to ''win ugly'' to kick and generally battle our way to safety, somehow Lennon seems to embody this sort of approach more than any other I can think of. No need for translators (possibly) and all that sort of thing, the ability to really hot the ground running and start kicking some proverbial backside around the club. That said in the pervious Champions League campaign Celtic also played some pretty impressive stuff as well so hopefully we won''t be adopting the Pullis approach. Come summer and assuming he could keep us up then I''d hope he could bring Scot Brown with him, now I''m sure he''s just the sort of player we really could do with. A natural born hard and nasty bar-steward, captain and leader. A minority and unpopular view that much I''m sure[/quote]

Not with me Mr Bury, I''d simply love NL here.[Y]

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="Bury Green"]My absolute first choice given our perilous position. Assuming the Board made the long overdue and bold decision to relieve the current incumbents of their duties what qualities are we looking for? To learn how to ''win ugly'' to kick and generally battle our way to safety, somehow Lennon seems to embody this sort of approach more than any other I can think of. No need for translators (possibly) and all that sort of thing, the ability to really hot the ground running and start kicking some proverbial backside around the club. That said in the pervious Champions League campaign Celtic also played some pretty impressive stuff as well so hopefully we won''t be adopting the Pullis approach. Come summer and assuming he could keep us up then I''d hope he could bring Scot Brown with him, now I''m sure he''s just the sort of player we really could do with. A natural born hard and nasty bar-steward, captain and leader. A minority and unpopular view that much I''m sure[/quote]

Not with me Mr Bury, I''d simply love NL here.[Y]

[/quote]
I wouldn''t mind.  He certainly ticks the ''do understand the weight of expectation of the fans'' box.  It also would not surprise me if the board went from a Mr Nice Chap type to a Mr Pitbull type.

"Jimbo Canary""Simple Jack"

Why on Earth would we want a manager with hideous ginger hair? We''d be a laughing stock.

And we''re not already?

No, we are really not.

He''s beat Barcelona, A.C milan, Ajax but he''s been beaten by the messiah twice.... would he bring forster back with him also????

I personally think I wouldn''t mind seeing him given a chance here. He''s passionate about the game he knows what winnings like, celtic play attacking football and he''s snapped up loads of good players in his time... Rating 7 out of ten

"Least when he turns into a coco he''ll need less photoshopping"

Huhhhhhhhhh gasps, starts hyperventilating, crying begins, hands start shaking........ RACIST!!!! All the P.C.C "Protective Coco Collective" scream!!!

hughtons p45.2, have you got some sort of mental illness, just seen your pictue of hughton. no normal adult would do that.

[quote user="skippdogg"]hughtons p45.2, have you got some sort of mental illness, just seen your picture of hughton. no normal adult would do that.[/quote]Yep every sane adult knows that it was Charlie Cairoli that had the red nose...[:S]

Gud ''ay Skip!! This is quite a popular picture of coco on facebook!! I don''t know if you''ve realised a LOT of FANS have this picture. Let me guess tho were all RACISTS yeah??? I had a trawl through my racist album on the computer and was torn between this one or an S.S badge, or a BNP logo it was a tough choice. Grow up your pathetically narrow minded. Cheers