Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Who to play up front on Sunday? Dick the Wolf or Hoops?

No point considering Becchio as i''m more likely to get a start and no point considering Elmander as he''s useless and I can''t bear to think about him starting alone up front for us.

So we''ve got Dick the Wolf, no goals in about 15 games or Hoops with none in 6. Really spoilt for choice there! Maybe Ryan Bennett could play there!

Why do so many fans think Elmander is useless, yet in the same breath suggest a start for RvW?

Isn''t Hooper about 10 games without a goal now in all comps?

Having RVW on the bench the last couple of games and bringing Elmander on ahead of him against West Ham probably suggests there isn''t much faith in him at the moment.

I don''t think Elmander is hopeless but nor do I think he was the right signing for us and I''d be disappointed to see him here beyond this season. I still don''t see how he''s any better than Becchio or Kamara - especially for how much we''re paying him.

I guess Hooper is the only one who looks like he might score a goal at the moment so he has to start but I''m not sure if I''d start either of the other two with him - even though Hooper''s not really cut out to be on his own upfront. If anyone it''d be RVW because he is our big investment.

id start both really need to be going for the win in our remaining home games, draws are no good.

Amazing that people still want two up front after the solid proof that it doesn''t work.

"We need to be going for the win" - Well we''d better bloody put 5 in midfield then.

I hate to say it perhaps Hoots wont play anyone up front and just pack the mid field.In truth Becchio should be given a chance if he really is worse than the others why oh why have we kept him.Perhaps he scores regularly in training and frightens the hell out of the coaching staff he may do the same in a match.Does anyone on here really know the reason for not giving him a start has hoots ever said.While I am here start Wes on Sun as well give Spurs something to worry about.

I would give Becchio a go tbh. Half the game is confidence and due to lack of action, Becchio is the only one who might actually have some still there.

Elmander has been utter tripe when up front on his own and so he''s out.

I just feel that now Fer can push on from midfield to support, it''d be good to see him and RVW. RVW has had a long enough rest now and it would be good to see if he can recover mentally and give him a go versus Spurs.

Hooper has to start, he''s the only forward that actually looks like scoring. Might be just the game for Wes to start, if it doesn''t work get Becchio on. I guess I may be right on one out of three happening!

I think Hooper is looking less like scoring with every game. He missed some sitters versus West Ham. I''m more up for giving Wolf another chance. He can''t have turned bad overnight. He''s proven he can perform on the big stage and i''m just hoping something will click.

Elamander may not be a goal threat in himself, but all the evidence is there to suggest that Hooper is more a threat with him on the pitch to take a bit of the weight.

if however Howson is back , I''d be fairly sure that Hughton will revert to the midfield of Tettey anchoring with Fer/ Howson in support and injuries permitting, will stick to that for the remainder of the season.

I.S Elmander is Shi*te! RVW needs time and will come good but needs support. I personally would start Hooper as he''s playing fairly well still.

It has to be Hoops. I get the feeling that a goal would do wonders for his confidence and see him start banging them in again. I''d go for the same side that started against Man City. If I were the boss I''d be tempted to play Wes in place of Fer though. Only tempted mind you.

[quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]It has to be Hoops. I get the feeling that a goal would do wonders for his confidence and see him start banging them in again. I''d go for the same side that started against Man City. If I were the boss I''d be tempted to play Wes in place of Fer though. Only tempted mind you.[/quote]

Huzzah.[Y]

I don''t know why we can''t play a 4-5-1 with Hooper sitting behind RVW instead of everyone assuming it''s simply 4-4-2 if we want to play them both...RuddyMartin, Yobo, Bassong, OlssonTetteyRedmond, Fer, PilksHooperRVW

We seemed to try the 4411 against Newcastle but with RVW behind Hooper when it should have been the other way round

As for Elmander being useless, when Hooper was scoring regularly who was playing alongside him? Sometimes its not all about scoring. Michael Owens most prolific years were playing alongside Heskey after all

I''d start with Hooper.

Would like to see Redmond on the right so we have pace both sides to help counter Lennon, who switches.

And maybe Jonas at RB for this match.

Yeah, Elmander must be s**** - what is Ibrahimovic thinking?!

He is obviously not an out-and-out goalscorer, but there''s no doubt he is capable of holding the ball up better than RvW. At the very least he gives the opposition defence something to think about and add some directness to our attack - no coincidence we looked better against Newcastle at home when he came on.

As other posters have said, he does the dirty work that allows the rest of the attackers to shine.

[quote user="I.S."].

As other posters have said, he does the dirty work that allows the rest of the attackers to shine.[/quote]Hmm; IS. I think you''d have a great deal of difficulty in persuading many people that any of our attack have exactly  ''shone'' recently.There is certainly a time and place for a player like Elmander, but the current Norwich City style and squad is not it. We play a totally different game to Sweden, so the comparison with Ibrahimovic is misleading.4-5-1 with Hooper up top for me . Redmond and Pilks to start too.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe try RVW and Elmander? Have we given that combo a go yet?[/quote]

We tried it a bit at the start of the season and it didn''t really work.

But Elmander wasn''t fit and RVW was doing all the running. RVW then got injured and Hooper got the benefit of playing alongside a fitter Elmander.

It''s a tricky one because obviously if RVW doesn''t play then he isn''t going to get that goal he seemingly desperately needs to repair his confidence but at the moment he doesn''t look like doing it and we can''t really afford to wait for him to find that magic touch.

And there lies the dilemma, and the reasons we are where we are.

The warnings have been sounded for Hughton, so maybe he might just look elsewhere fir a goal - and I suggest he may jus turn to Becchio with Wes in behind, and Redmond and Pilks as wide men.

He needs something, a heavy loss, indeed any loss, won''t be tolerated IMO, and could see his exit!

Right now, the more game time given to RVW = the less chance of avoiding relegation. He looks increasing like a little boy lost, and this is no longer the time and the place to keep trying to ''bed him in''.

I''d rather see Becchio played ahead of him at this moment in time, and that''s a massive gamble. Hopefully he''s so naffed off with Hughton that he''d be fired up enough to prove the manager has got it so wrong.