Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

Its Time For Hoolahan

To come back into the equation and unlock some creativity.

For me I would play 4-5-1 against Spurs with Hoolahan behind Hooper. I think Johnson and Tettey should be the sitting midfielders and I would drop Fer. Although Im not a massive fan of Johnson he has done well in recently weeks and worked hard. He is a better protector than Fer who has lost his way a bit.

Id also bench Snodgrass and have him as an impact player. He has no divine right for to the first 11. Redmond and Pilkington pose our largest threat going forward and Redmond''s pace will be invaluable on Sunday.

Elmander/Snodgrass/Fer all on bench to mix it up

Funny how some of us see the game. I think Fer is past his blip now and ready to feature behind the front man. Johnno and Tettey can do all the dirty work for him.

I''d also say it''s time for RVW to start ahead of Hooper as Hooper could do with a rest given his lack of goals recently and RVW has had his time on the bench now and should be given another chance seeing as nobody else seems to have suitably stepped up to the mantle of scoring and Becchio has been forgotten.

It''s weird though, as I don''t disagree with your logic of selection. It would be nice to see Wes get a good half an hour or so in my book.

Have to play Fer, especially in the absence of Howson. Tettey and Johnson just aren''t going to give you enough on the ball.

I agree that Fer has had a poor spell but he has got back to better ways in recent games - he was particularly good against Man City.

The sooner Howson is back the better but neither of them in midfield is just...ugh.

Any player calling us a shi,thole shouldn''t wear our shirt..........loan him to Ip5wich............... a real sh*thole.

I tend to agree with the OP. But with Tettey sitting and Wes and Johnno sitting in central midfield, both with the freedom to get forward. I think our best performances have come from that formation. Wes would take up the ''playmaker'' mantle from Fer, so I dont see any worry about getting good ball to Hoops. Truth be told, in recent weeks all the good balls have come from Redmond, rather than Fer.

[quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]The thing that we have not lacked in the last three games is creativity.  What we have lacked is finishing by strikers. 

[quote user="Wiz"]Any player calling us a shi,thole shouldn''t wear our shirt..........loan him to Ip5wich............... a real sh*thole.[/quote]We''ve got him, and we''re paying him until the end of the season at least.  What was the point in keeping him if we weren''t going to play him.Might as well give him some game time and a chance to redeem himself.It might improve his attitude and at the very least increase his value if we do sell him come the summer.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]The thing that we have not lacked in the last three games is creativity.  What we have lacked is finishing by strikers.  [/quote]Don''t often agree with you LDC, but on this one, hit nail on head.  As you say, creation has not been the problem.

Wiz, I fully understand where you are coming from on this, I personally have a bit of problem with a player saying that about our club, his employer and feel he should have been put out on loan. That said, there will be times until the end of the season when a game will suite him and he will contribute, so as long as he does actually contribute and its part of the effort for our great club to stay up, then a will reluctantly accept it.........Now, let me be a little mischeavous........considering the abuse you have been dishing out to our Manager, and then considering your OP........do I need to say more.....do the same rules apply here? If so, let me know what it''s like in Ipswich?