Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Parody Accounts

Are we seeing, at this stage, the greatest ever number of parody accounts. Or does this happen every time the fans get itchy bottoms? Some can be amusing, the majority I think simply speaks volumes about the strength of feeling - or at least the time on peoples hands.

Parody accounts - telling social indicator or massive waste of everybody''s time?

He was OK in his domestic league but he''s not got any experience of the Premiership so I wouldn''t have him as manager.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]From the headline I thought this was going to be City1st talking about Ipswich Town''s financial disclosures...
[/quote]

You are confusing Parody it with Parrot Pee[;)]

The funniest thing for me is not people''s parody accounts of others - some of which are better than others -  but the posters who appear then disappear then re-appear two seconds later pretending to be someone else, when all they are really doing is being a parody of themselves.   Since the days of bw, probably before that -  there have been a succession of such parodies.   They are really total wasters who have nothing to do other than invent what they think is a new character, but is really the same one under a different name. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]The funniest thing for me is not people''s parody accounts of others - some of which are better than others -  but the posters who appear then disappear then re-appear two seconds later pretending to be someone else, when all they are really doing is being a parody of themselves.   Since the days of bw, probably before that -  there have been a succession of such parodies.   They are really total wasters who have nothing to do other than invent what they think is a new character, but is really the same one under a different name. 

[/quote]

Like who? Name names old chap.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="lake district canary"]The funniest thing for me is not people''s parody accounts of others - some of which are better than others -  but the posters who appear then disappear then re-appear two seconds later pretending to be someone else, when all they are really doing is being a parody of themselves.   Since the days of bw, probably before that -  there have been a succession of such parodies.   They are really total wasters who have nothing to do other than invent what they think is a new character, but is really the same one under a different name. 

[/quote]

Like who? Name names old chap.[/quote]
LDC

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="lake district canary"]The funniest thing for me is not people''s parody accounts of others - some of which are better than others -  but the posters who appear then disappear then re-appear two seconds later pretending to be someone else, when all they are really doing is being a parody of themselves.   Since the days of bw, probably before that -  there have been a succession of such parodies.   They are really total wasters who have nothing to do other than invent what they think is a new character, but is really the same one under a different name.  [/quote]

Like who? Name names old chap.[/quote]

Life''s too short.  I could name a few names, but I''d probably get some right and some wrong.  I''d just end up getting involved in further arguments about non-footballing stuff.  Its open to everybody to think what they like about other posters.  BW was one that was around for a long time, but his character has been reminiscent of some of the Johnny come latelys.   Dear old bw - whatever happened to him, I wonder......

How many wizards do we have at present? I lost count at one stage. There was bw, and better wizard (was this the same person) and bw''s cat. Then first wizard and first wazzock who iv seen recently. Can I also say iv never seen prince before though they have 9000 posts to their name! New user name, or long time in exile? Or am I just blind?

When I saw the headline I thought "$#^t, the net is closing", and rushed into my study and grabbed my books, and screamed at the wife , demanding to know where the pencil and calculator were.

People set up parody accounts after a ban, or to agree with themselves.. by being "someone else" they think it lends credibility to their argument and hope others will jump on the band wagon.

I''ve never used one... I can pee people off without the need to change name!