Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Irish Radio at it again

After being ahead of the pack regarding the Wes to Villa debacle, Irish radio station Newstalk have reported today that Neil Lennon is being lined up for the Norwich Job..quote ''should the current manager, CH, leave''...unquote.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]After being ahead of the pack regarding the Wes to Villa debacle, Irish radio station Newstalk have reported today that Neil Lennon is being lined up for the Norwich Job..quote ''should the current manager, CH, leave''...unquote.[/quote]

As quoted on SSN today as well as Malkey, I would say No thank you to both of them

I''d say no to Malkey too Pete, its not as if Cardiff were exactly safe when he was let go, yep it was hard on him, but hey, when your club is the plaything of a multimillionaire anything can happen. Lennon however, despite being many things that CH isnt....abrasive,outspoken &aggressive is still tactically aware and if you''re 1 nil down with not much time left he will put on all his attacking players, he''s very good motivationally and takes no sh1t. I''m not saying he''s a nice guy but i think he may have the ability to average a few more pts per season....the recipe for survival.

It wouldnt be boring.

pete_norw wrote the following post at 2014-02-18 11:58 AM:

wcorkcanary wrote:
After being ahead of the pack regarding the Wes to Villa debacle, Irish radio station Newstalk have reported today that Neil Lennon is being lined up for the Norwich Job..quote ''should the current manager, CH, leave''...unquote.

As quoted on SSN today as well as Malkey, I would say No thank you to both of them

Yeah, you would!

Get used to it, it''s coming!

Would be a change in style no doubt if Lennon were to come! Should we replace CH then I think Lennon could do a good job for us. Trouble is you never know,

Would hate to see Malky here! think he''s a great guy and that''s the way I want to remember him! In the modern game virtually all managers fail eventually, for one reason or another, wouldn''t want to see that happen to Malky.

[quote user="City 2nd"]pete_norw wrote the following post at 2014-02-18 11:58 AM:

wcorkcanary wrote:

Yeah, you would!

Get used to it, it''s coming![/quote]

First and foremost I am sick to the back teeth of us running on a shoe string, And being Debt free don''t win medals, so who ever gets the job has to have the big money backing, its a joke when we see other clubs banging on about big name signings, I think even Sir Alex would have had trouble with this club

I have heard that a replacement won''t happen until the summer as the target MacNally has in mind is contracted till then. It could be that it''s Malky and he''s still on Cardiff pay until his diepute is completed in the summer or it could be Lennon who can go in the summer, I don''t know.

I think it would take a monumental turn around in form and results to keep Hughton at this club longer than this summer.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]After being ahead of the pack regarding the Wes to Villa debacle, Irish radio station Newstalk have reported today that Neil Lennon is being lined up for the Norwich Job..quote ''should the current manager, CH, leave''...unquote.[/quote]I''m guessing somebody on the Newstalk team reads the Scottish Daily record. [:)]

If I HAD to choose between those two it''d be Lennon, but christ as far as two man shortlists go, that is poor.

Irish Radio.... is that like a bloke stood on a box with a megaphone in the middle of Dublin ?

*snigger snigger snigger*sorry just amused me greatly :-D

Funny how Lennon has only succeeded in a mickey mouse league with no competition. Same league Hooper scored all those goals in but it wasnt such a bad league then...

Lennon would bring some passion to the job. He won''t let players shirk or hide in games.

Alternatively Glenn Hoddle would be an excellent match for us.

I wouldn''t be averse to Neil Lennon coming here. Yes he''s winning things in a one team league but he''s winning the league very well this year playing some decent football, coupled with the fact that he has got Celtic over achieving in Europe on occasions.

I think he wants to leave Celtic and all the baggage that comes with that job, realistically he isn''t going to get one of the top jobs in England, most of the bottom half of the PL have already changed there manager this season so that leaves Norwich (if and when we get rid of Hughton) as a very real possibility. If it is going to happen it will happen in the Summer mind you.

pete_norw wrote the following post at 2014-02-18 11:58 AM:

[quote]

First and foremost I am sick to the back teeth of us running on a shoe string, And being Debt free don''t win medals, so who ever gets the job has to have the big money backing, its a joke when we see other clubs banging on about big name signings, I think even Sir Alex would have had trouble with this club[/quote]So you would rather our club gets saddled with loads of debt and potentially risk administration if we get relagated (ala Leeds, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc), rather than continue as we our with our self-sufficient approach, which if we are patient, overtime could see us become an established top 8 club in the Premier League? Because lets be realistic, top 8 is the best we can ever hope for given the teams at that end of the table.

just got in from work . First thing the guy i work with said when i arrived was '' jammy bustards...you''re getting Lennon in the summer''.....He''s an I*S*I*H fan, cant get away from them ,even over here. Must say i''m warming to the idea of NL, wouldnt want Malkey, would prefer Frank De Boer if he fancied a challenge.

Lennon has competed well at times in the Champions league, with a team that is ''more than the sum of its parts'' ,that in my eyes makes him a decent manager. Would we still lose sometimes, yes.

I feel that although we have the best squad for years they are often ''less than the sum of their parts''.

I believe Lennon would seem the primary option for McNally, if he wanted to come here. He has expressed that he is thinning of leaving Celtic and Norwich would be a good club to prove if he really has got what it takes.

Mackay is a legend and would certainly add some passion to the club, but allegedly doesn''t get on with The Stowmarket Two, so I don''t view him as first choice by the board unless his differences can be put aside.