Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Leyton Orient 6 Newcastle 1, 25-07-09.

After this match Newcastle senior players had a meeting, after this meeting they won the championship. I guess at this meeting it was said that muppet of a manager knows nothing and we will do it our way. Anyone who thinks Houghton should manage us in the championship, Beware.

This wasn''t a Championship match it was a pre season kickabout during which Hughton made about 9 substitutions to give everyone a run out.His Championship record is one Championship title, one fourth placed, in the two seasons he''s managed in that division so exactly what point are you are trying to make?Do you have any evidence to prove that the players mutinied and continued to mutiny for the entire duration of that season or have you made this up to suit your agenda?

[quote user="Yobocop"]Are you actually being serious?[/quote]

You wont believe how true it is, problem was the next season they were still doing what they want.

That''s why Hughton lost his job and many players followed him, Nolan, Smith, Carroll, etc etc

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]This wasn''t a Championship match it was a pre season kickabout during which Hughton made about 9 substitutions to give everyone a run out.His Championship record is one Championship title, one fourth placed, in the two seasons he''s managed in that division so exactly what point are you are trying to make?Do you have any evidence to prove that the players mutinied and continued to mutiny for the entire duration of that season or have you made this up to suit your agenda?

[/quote]

Its common knowledge in Newcastle and that''s why I was totally against the appointment from Day 1

[quote user="simmo_2"]I was totally against the appointment from Day 1[/quote]You may have been against it but he was appointed then and he''s still here. Just shows your opinion counted for nothing then and it still doesn''t.

[quote user="simmo_2"]

Its common knowledge in Newcastle and that''s why I was totally against the appointment from Day 1[/quote]Common knowledge yep right. Well if you were against the appointment why the dickens didn''t you tell the board about his antics at Newcastle before they appointed him??  It''s a bit choice coming on here now and blubbing about it, Summer 2012 is when you should have stood up and spoken out, I''m a little disappointed with you Simmo.

Its also common knowledge that the US government was behind September 11th. If you look closely, you can see there were explosions at the bottom of the towers. I mean, it was pretty suspicious the way those towers came down yada yada yada...

[quote user="simmo_2"]Mr Hughton must have told a few porkies in his job interview and its coming back to haunt him now.[/quote]Why would someone with over 300 PL games, over 50 International caps, managed in the Pl and Europe need to lie?You can whinge ''n wail ''n whine ''n whimper all you like Simmo but he''s our manager and making stuff up aint gonna change that.

Several senior Newcastle players were far too big for their boots, almost untouchable. 

Just to clarify, I am not however verifying the OP''s story that the players pretty much ignored Hughton for the whole season and played how they wanted. 

This quote however does back up part of what the OP is saying - "Nolan, with help from other senior players such as Joey Barton, Alan Smith, Nicky Butt and Steve Harper held an emergency players meeting after our 6-1 pre-season horror show against Leyton Orient in 2009."

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/why-newcastle-united-miss-kevin-nolan/ 

This article, IF correct, debunks the OP''s theory that players went against Hughton.  In fact, quite the opposite, it states how much the players were behind Hughton and how much they wanted him to succeed.  Which is what we keep hearing about our players -

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/04/29/chris-hughton-praises-the-senior-players-at-newcastle/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/261696-ipswich-v-newcastle-bobby-robsons-ghost-to-look-after-keaneand this article contains the following quote:"In preseason, the Magpies were famously hammered 6-1 by Leyton Orient.

After the match Hughton called an emergency team meeting to discuss

everything on and off the pitch at Newcastle. The players decided to

rally together instead of letting Mike Ashley''s poor running of the club

effect them, and since that day they have only lost one league game."I guess it''s a case of you say tomato and I say tomato.........

Can the Mods file this thread under the other one on the subject please it''s called"Clutching at Straws"[:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The same people that revel in hughtons success with Newcastle in the champ with a great squad, are the same people that mock neil Lennon .......[/quote]

What peoples will them be?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The same people that revel in hughtons success with Newcastle in the champ with a great squad, are the same people that mock neil Lennon .......[/quote]For the avoidance of doubt if I am one of those same people I do not nor ever have reveled in hughtons success with Newcastle, any input I may have on this thread or any related thread is simply to establish a little factual accuracy, something the OP struggles with.I reserve the right to mock Scowlie Boy as I see fit tho''

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/261696-ipswich-v-newcastle-bobby-robsons-ghost-to-look-after-keaneand this article contains the following quote:"In preseason, the Magpies were famously hammered 6-1 by Leyton Orient.

After the match Hughton called an emergency team meeting to discuss

everything on and off the pitch at Newcastle. The players decided to

rally together instead of letting Mike Ashley''s poor running of the club

effect them, and since that day they have only lost one league game."I guess it''s a case of you say tomato and I say tomato.........

Can the Mods file this thread under the other one on the subject please it''s called"Clutching at Straws"[:D][/quote]

That article is totally untrue and if you believe a American media company comic over a NUFC fans magazine then that says a lot about you and your football opinion.

This internet thingy I just don''t know who to believe any more..... Only yesterday I read somewhere that Hughton was going to be taking the Spurs managerial job yet Hughtons still at Norwich and Spurs haven''t sacked anyone. It''s so confusing, Mainstream and accountable media or fan rumour, shoiuld I believe something that''s on the Pink ''Un main site or should I ignore that and go for what is said on the Pink ''Un messageboard.

That''s a claim and a half Simmo.

It''s not comparable to being hammered in your first competitive fixture (in a higher League), and then turning it round to attain the highest League position in X number of years, is it?

That would be just amazing, wouldn''t it....?

I love the rumours which have no basis of reality whatsoever...

the players do it "Their way"... so who organised training, picked the team, did all the pre and post match paperwork? and why did Mike Ashley keep hughton on his payroll so long if not actually doing anything?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]That''s a claim and a half Simmo.

It''s not comparable to being hammered in your first competitive fixture (in a higher League), and then turning it round to attain the highest League position in X number of years, is it?

That would be just amazing, wouldn''t it....?[/quote]

Tell us what club/team you are writing about because it does not make a lot of sense,

Simmo.. please address these points:

the players do it "Their way"... so who organised training, picked the team, did all the pre and post match paperwork? and why did Mike Ashley keep hughton on his payroll so long if not actually doing anything?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I love the rumours which have no basis of reality whatsoever...

[/quote]

Kevin Nolan did most of these things and Mike Ashley didn''t realise until mid way through next season. That''s why from the outside it seemed such a harsh sacking.

[quote user="simmo_2"]

Kevin Nolan did most of these things and Mike Ashley didn''t realise until mid way through next season. That''s why from the outside it seemed such a harsh sacking.[/quote]Crikey all those manager of the month awards for Hughton must have really stuck in Nolans craw. I guess the obvious question to ask is why the dickens did Ashley then waste millions of pounds appointing pardew when Nolan was doing such a fine job of managing the club and playing for the club on just the one wage? Surely with a title, a promotion and a good league place in the Premier League Nolan was just the man to fill Hughtons boots officially?? I''m not joshing with you Simmo when I say none of this makes sense to me, it really doesn''t....[:D]

So Kevin Nolan faslified Chris Hughtons signature on the team sheets handed to the ref and the paperwork done after the game? spoke to agents, signed players, organised and ran training and did all the post game press conferences and Mike Ashley didnt know any of this was happening?

It all got kept secret from the media as well?

you don''t have much of an understanding how this all works have you?

I keep getting mocked for telling NCFC fans, what I heard from Darsley Park.

All those doing the mocking please give the reason they think Hughton was sacked.

Another famous date in History for the inners 26-01-13.

[quote user="simmo_2"]I keep getting mocked for telling NCFC fans, what I heard from Darsley Park. [/quote]When you say "What I heard"Did you get it from a Player or member of staff first hand?orDid you read it on an internet messageboard?