Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Roll forward to next pre-season

What if we roll forward to next season and think about who we would get rid of?

Can you see us spending the same amount of money as we did last summer if we were to stay in the premier league? (Whoever is our manager).

I''d get rid of Hoolahan and bring in a replacement for him. I''d also prefer us to find a better replacement for Elmander on a permanent basis, same goes for Yobo. A winger isn''t necessity if we keep hold of our current ones, but Pilkington was linked to clubs in January and he had been prior I wouldn''t mind us signing Jonas on a permanent basis knowing he can play in other positions and he''s good cover. Another central defensive midfielder would be useful because that can mean Fer can drift up the pitch where he looks strongest, also because we look allot weaker in midfield without Tetty who''s injury prone. Finally a right back, I like Russel and I think he has been a top servant to our club, but sometimes I think he lacks that bit of quality and bit of pace like we have in Olsson. But i wouldn''t be disappointed if we started next season with Martin and Whittaker.

Obviously if we fail to stay in the premier league it would be a different scenario, but i''m optimistic.

You appear to think a bit like the present manager in that you talk about keeping certain people because they give us good cover in various positions.

What is needed are a number of players good enough to make up the first choice X1.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]The manager. First!
[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

When I was about 6 yrs old I was really really good at forward rolls but then there was an incident with some dog poo and I was banned from any further forward rolling activities, I would have a go at trying to get to next pre-season but I think I''ve lost the skill set.