Sign in to follow this  
H4H

In other news - the Winter Olympics is BORING!!!

Woahhh settle down Unique!! You can''t just say it how it is to them ffs. Water it down as much as possible. Chuck coco a compliment in the statement your making such as "awhhh I know he''s trying his bestest and he can be the club''s BFF But he''s got to go first tho" or "he''s got us so we don''t leak goals at home and we play great but I just wish he''d take the damn shackles off" or "I know he''s and excellent tactician "inners" I just don''t think Bunn should be upfront on his own tho, especially since he''s taken Hooper off for him tho mateeeee" or " yes "inners" your right we do play exquisite football butttttttt I just wish we could score more than the 1 goal tops in a game" be straight with them and it''s tantrums are us on here.

Do you actually know what you are writing anymore? Or is it stream of consciousness ranting?

[quote user="im spartacus"]are ugly women banned from winter sports worldwide ? not complaining just an observation [:D][/quote]I think it works like this:1.  If you''re going to get to the top of a sport you need to work at it full time2.  To go full time you need a lot of sponsorship3.  From the sponsors view, the athlete is mobile advertising / sales promotion4.  Pretty girls are better at selling / advertising stuff5.  So the pretty girls get sponsored and succeed, while the girls who aren''t attractive tend to get filtered out.

And no, it''s not fair, but that''s life.

Have you not watched any of the snowboarding events? They''ve been awesome especially the boardercross 6 board races. They''ve had me on the edge of my settee. Jennie Jones winning a medal was amazing. Then there''s the half-pipe.

Certainly been more eventful then most of our games this season.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

Have you not watched any of the snowboarding events? They''ve been awesome especially the boardercross 6 board races. They''ve had me on the edge of my settee. Jennie Jones winning a medal was amazing. Then there''s the half-pipe.

[/quote]

And unlike some players who look as though they''ve been floored by a sniper when they trip over a blade of grass, the snowboarders and skiers just get up and brush the snow off themselves after some horrendous crashes!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[/quote]

And unlike some players who look as though they''ve been floored by a sniper when they trip over a blade of grass, the snowboarders and skiers just get up and brush the snow off themselves after some horrendous crashes!

[/quote]Good point - hadn''t occurred to me.  I remember one of the girls in the slopestyle final crashed hard enough to shatter her helmet but got up after a couple of minutes, rode carefully down to the bottom and seemed fine once she''d had a hug off the other girls.Mind you, a hug off those girls would probably bring the dead back to life.We couldn''t try that as a cure in football though as the players would all be lying in the ground angling for a snog as soon as the game started.

[quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point - hadn''t occurred to me.  I remember one of the girls in the slopestyle final crashed hard enough to shatter her helmet but got up after a couple of minutes, rode carefully down to the bottom and seemed fine once she''d had a hug off the other girls.

Mind you, a hug off those girls would probably bring the dead back to life.

We couldn''t try that as a cure in football though as the players would all be lying in the ground angling for a snog as soon as the game started.
[/quote]

Oh I see...that''s what Snoddy is angling for!!!!  It all makes sense now! [:)]

quote user="Calle"The winter olympics is one of this years highligts here in Sweden, especially since we missed out on the world cup in brazil. The crosscountry skiing relay was awsome, and now the last 8 playoff rounds in the hockeytournament will be really exiting to watch!/quote

It''s a highlight because Sweden is a very boring country where something extraordinary happens about once very fifty years.

You''re living in darkness and gloom for much of the year and when the sun does come out your summers are bombarded with midges, so there''s not that much to look forward to really is there?

If you think cross-country skiing relay is awesome then it''s kind of indicative that something is amiss. Think about it. You strap bits of wood to your feet and then go out in the freezing cold weather, perhaps a snow blizzard or two and when you get to find you buddy off he goes and leaves you standing there knackered and probably wondering how the heck are you going to get back home. Does your buddy care? Not at all. So it''s maybe karma that his buddy does the same thing to him. That''s bad karma. And the winner is the one who leaves there buddy the quickest. Who needs mates like that?

I like the one where they ski a bit and then do some shooting, but shouldn''t they be shooting an elk or something and then be made to haul it back over their shoulder back to base, skin it and make a barbeque for fifty out of elk tenderloin. Now that would be a good winters sport and you''d get excited about that unless you were the elk.

And don''t get me started on hockey. In England it''s a school girls'' game much like rounders which Americans call baseball and claim that they are the best because they have the world series or something.

It''s only exciting when played by girls much like beach volley which as much as I like is never going to be an olympics winter sport, though I think there should be a people''s referendum on this.

Calle, don''t get me wrong, I''m not bashing Sweden. Swedish girls are awesome. But sandwiches should be closed with two pieces of bread, not one, ok?

quote user="Dr Pillary Bones m.d"Schafer of the Switzerland curling team could wake me up with a bacon sarnie anytime she wanted. Very nice/quote

So hairdressing is now an Olympic sport?? When will this madness stop?