Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Russell Martin, Steven Whittaker and Robert Snodgrass ....

.... have been called up for Scotlands game against Poland. It''s played on March 5th right in the middle between Villa away and Stoke at home. Are there any positives to be drawn from this?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

.... have been called up for Scotlands game against Poland. It''s played on March 5th right in the middle between Villa away and Stoke at home. Are there any positives to be drawn from this?

[/quote]

Is it a friendly, if so I wouldn''t like to let them go

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It''s being played in Poland so they should not expect any stomach discomfort from too much haggis.

On the other hand, if it was played in Scotland they would probably be "full of running" for the Stoke match. [:D]

Yes they could all get injured and we could put out a decent side to beat Stoke none of t hem would be in my starting eleven

[quote user="pliff"]Yes they could all get injured and we could put out a decent side to beat Stoke none of t hem would be in my starting eleven[/quote]
Lol, so who plays Right Back then Mourinho?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="pliff"]Yes they could all get injured and we could put out a decent side to beat Stoke none of t hem would be in my starting eleven[/quote]
[/quote]I''d like to see Ryan Bennett given a chance there. He''s played the role before, has got pace and may be a bit less defensively incompetent than the Scots. Would help us a bit from set-pieces as well. Can''t see him making the same sort of cock ups as Martin (e.g. Cardiff away and Kenwyne Jones).

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="pliff"]Yes they could all get injured and we could put out a decent side to beat Stoke none of t hem would be in my starting eleven[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d like to see Ryan Bennett given a chance there. He''s played the role before, has got pace and may be a bit less defensively incompetent than the Scots. Would help us a bit from set-pieces as well. Can''t see him making the same sort of cock ups as Martin (e.g. Cardiff away and Kenwyne Jones).
[/quote]

Absolutely not.

He hasn''t really got pace, he just might be slightly quicker than Turner. But no way near enough pace or mobility to be a good fullback.

He also doesn''t have enough ability on the ball. You''d like your fullback to be able to do something going forward. Bennett hasn''t got that in his locker at all.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="pliff"]Yes they could all get injured and we could put out a decent side to beat Stoke none of t hem would be in my starting eleven[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d like to see Ryan Bennett given a chance there. He''s played the role before, has got pace and may be a bit less defensively incompetent than the Scots. Would help us a bit from set-pieces as well. Can''t see him making the same sort of cock ups as Martin (e.g. Cardiff away and Kenwyne Jones).
[/quote]

RB is a good centre-back IMO. The only time I''ve seen him at right back was last season away at WHU when he gave away an unnecessary, if soft, penalty in the 2nd minute and looked utterly uncomfortable all game.  Strangely he''s never been tried there since....