Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Hughton Has got to go if we lose to Spurs

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

As for the successes of this year, we have now aquired better players than we had 12 months ago. i would like to see who you think we should have kept hold of who were better players than those we signed?

[/quote]

Signed better players but generally look a worse side for it.

Paid out a lot of money for 2 strikers who, combined, look less of a threat than Holt on his own. And even less of a threat than Holt and Morison.

Maybe they weren''t the right players for us or maybe they could be the right players but the manager isn''t getting the best out of them. Whichever way it is a lot of the responsibility lands at Hughton''s door.

But that''s the job.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

(you''d want) anyone but Hughton... even if he is succesful....

[/quote]

Nail on head. I think most fans who are unhappy with Hughton would be swayed back to support him quite easily if results improve and the recent more positive  performances continue.   Its the hard liners and their associated trolls who will have the most difficulty, because if  things do improve under CH, they will have nowhere to hide.  It will be an empty message - "Hughton out.....pardon?....we''ve improved?....we''ve started to score goals?...we''re being successful?......err....Hughton out".   Sounds kind of hollow, doesn''t it. 

[quote user="Dr Pillary Bones m.d"]Ldc your version of success and mine are poles apart[/quote]

How interesting.Now lets see.I want to see goals and entertaining football.I want to see us challenging every season in the premier league.I want to see us winning another cup at some stage, hopefully quite soon.Now what do you want to see?

[quote user="Dr Pillary Bones m.d"]Ldc your version of success and mine are poles apart[/quote]As with so many of the  ''Inners'' ,LDC is a guy who is very easily satisfied ,Doc.Luckily for the club there are a good deal more of us who set the bar a good deal higher.

It appears that several people are satisfied as long as we put out a team each week. We should be thankful that little old Norwich are allowed to play week in week out and we should not dream to compete.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Dr Pillary Bones m.d"]Ldc your version of success and mine are poles apart[/quote]As with so many of the  ''Inners'' ,LDC is a guy who is very easily satisfied ,Doc.Luckily for the club there are a good deal more of us who set the bar a good deal higher.[/quote]

There you go again. Misrepresenting my views - again Its cheap - you go on about Nutty, yet you are worse!!  I''m not pushing an "in" argument - and haven''t for quite some time.And I''m not satisfied. If you want to make judgments about me, then at least have the decency to read my posts properly.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

(you''d want) anyone but Hughton... even if he is succesful....

[/quote]

Nail on head. I think most fans who are unhappy with Hughton would be swayed back to support him quite easily if results improve and the recent more positive  performances continue.   Its the hard liners and their associated trolls who will have the most difficulty, because if  things do improve under CH, they will have nowhere to hide.  It will be an empty message - "Hughton out.....pardon?....we''ve improved?....we''ve started to score goals?...we''re being successful?......err....Hughton out".   Sounds kind of hollow, doesn''t it. 

[/quote]

LDC - I guess you would call me a hard line Hughton outer. My position would be that barring some sort of amazing late run, even if we do improve this season and stay up i think the level of performance over the season as a whole has been substandard and the season will not rightfully be able to be classed as an improvement on or progress from last season, particularly given the improvement in the squad that has taken place.

I would therefore still want Hughton replaced in the summer as I do not feel he is capable of taking us forward in the way that I aspire to see and I hope the board aspires to as well. It is notable that, presumably in order to justify the board''s recent inaction whilst their manager drags us ever closer to the mire, Mcnally appears to have reinvented Hughtons target to "keeping us out of the bottom three" but that is certainly not what he and Bowkett went on record as saying earlier in the season so I find it hard to believe that they will regard narrow survival as evidence he is the right man to remain in charge.

If, however, they were to stick with him and he were to prove me wrong by delivering better results and a better standard of football on a consistent basis then I would hold my hands up and admit i was wrong. After all that''s what all of us want to see for our club so if someone can achieve that I will support them whoever they are.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Its cheap - you go on about Nutty, yet you are worse!! 

[/quote]

What ''ave I done now Lakey[:^)]

Nail on head. I think most fans who are unhappy with Hughton would be swayed back to support him quite easily if results improve and the recent more positive  performances continue.   Its the hard liners and their associated trolls who will have the most difficulty, because if  things do improve under CH, they will have nowhere to hide.  It will be an empty message - "Hughton out.....pardon?....we''ve improved?....we''ve started to score goals?...we''re being successful?......err....Hughton out".   Sounds kind of hollow, doesn''t it.  [/quote]As requested, I have indeed re-read your posting, Lakey, and in the light of it (above) I would like to know in what way I''ve misrepresented you ?Also, how any reasonable thinking person would deduce that it was written by anyone other than a Hughton supporter ?

[quote user="Jim Smith"] LDC - I guess you would call me a hard line Hughton outer. My position would be that barring some sort of amazing late run, even if we do improve this season and stay up i think the level of performance over the season as a whole has been substandard and the season will not rightfully be able to be classed as an improvement on or progress from last season, particularly given the improvement in the squad that has taken place.

I would therefore still want Hughton replaced in the summer as I do not feel he is capable of taking us forward in the way that I aspire to see and I hope the board aspires to as well. It is notable that, presumably in order to justify the board''s recent inaction whilst their manager drags us ever closer to the mire, Mcnally appears to have reinvented Hughtons target to "keeping us out of the bottom three" but that is certainly not what he and Bowkett went on record as saying earlier in the season so I find it hard to believe that they will regard narrow survival as evidence he is the right man to remain in charge.

If, however, they were to stick with him and he were to prove me wrong by delivering better results and a better standard of football on a consistent basis then I would hold my hands up and admit i was wrong. After all that''s what all of us want to see for our club so if someone can achieve that I will support them whoever they are.[/quote]^^^^^ This

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Its cheap - you go on about Nutty, yet you are worse!! 

[/quote]

What ''ave I done now Lakey[:^]

[/quote]

Nothing to me, but it has been interesting watching your debate with Seattle and Reggie on another thread. 

I have no problem with you..........for now [;)]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I think most fans who are unhappy with Hughton would be swayed back to support him quite easily if results improve and the recent more positive  performances continue.   Its the hard liners and their associated trolls who will have the most difficulty, because if  things do improve under CH, they will have nowhere to hide.  It will be an empty message - "Hughton out.....pardon?....we''ve improved?....we''ve started to score goals?...we''re being successful?......err....Hughton out".   Sounds kind of hollow, doesn''t it.  [/quote]As requested, I have indeed re-read your posting, Lakey, and in the light of it (above) I would like to know in what way I''ve misrepresented you ?Also, how any reasonable thinking person would deduce that it was written by anyone other than a Hughton supporter ?[/quote]I''m saying it how it is - or what my view of it is.   See it as a reporter reporting honestly as to what he sees.   My own view of the "in" or "out" debate is surely well known, as I have repeated it often enough - I''ll say it again for you -

As the club have stuck with the manager this far, it is fairly obvious to me that CH will be here to the end of the season and the present regime - players and manager - have to steer us clear of trouble themselves. It is their responsibility. At the end of the season, we can take stock of the season and any manager issues can be resolved then.   So I am neither in nor out.   I know that is hard for people who like to see things in black or white to understand, but there we are. Things have not gone as well as I would have hoped at the start of this season when I was fully behind CH so the jury is out for me. If we improve and we stay up, then imo CH has done his job. If not, then the board have made their bed and they have to lie in it. We re-evaluate and start again from the next division down.

Is that clear enough? 

Perfectly clear, Lakey.But then again, it already was. You did not need to go to the trouble of typing all that. We''re all fully aware of your views/standards.I asked you in what way I''d misrepresented you. And that''s what you''ve not answered. You have been a Hughton supporter through thick and thin, and to be fair, you deserve some credit for that . I''m not interested in what your view will or may be in the summer. I''m interested in what it is now and has been throughout this dreadful season. You record is one of giving CH the benefit of the doubt and excusing substandard performances. You have done that as recently as the aftermath of the Upton park fiasco. You may not regard that as being easily satisfied, but if others(inc me) feel you are, then that''s not ''misrepresentation''. The definition of ''misrepresent'' is "give a false or misleading account" . And I have certainly not done that. Merely offered different interpretations and standards to those of yours.

I just have no optimism, its been like this for well over a year now. I have backed CH for a long time, but I''m just fed up. LDC has perfectly reasonable opinions that I just now find annoying and it is probably not his fault, its just my sheer boredom and hopelessness.

I just never fancy us these days before a game, its been too long since we have played well and won, we have played well at times but its ultimately results that inspire confidence. I have posted the odd prediction of a RVW brace in hope more than expectation cos there has been a clear lack of intensity in our play for over a year, this seems to me to be costing us points more than anything else.

The only time I have seen intensity our play on a regular basis is the ten game unbeaten run of last season, and I believe we had a happy balance of the resdidual effects of PL''s adventure and CH''s prudence, and I liked what I saw.

Alas prudence has dominated since to the detriment of intensity and adventure and I no longer like what I see.

Despite being a conservative type when it comes to football I will not fancy us before a game until next season or CH is gone. I believe many supporters feel this way, despite it going against our better natures.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Perfectly clear, Lakey.But then again, it already was. You did not need to go to the trouble of typing all that. We''re all fully aware of your views/standards.I asked you in what way I''d misrepresented you. And that''s what you''ve not answered. You have been a Hughton supporter through thick and thin, and to be fair, you deserve some credit for that . I''m not interested in what your view will or may be in the summer. I''m interested in what it is now and has been throughout this dreadful season. You record is one of giving CH the benefit of the doubt and excusing substandard performances. You have done that as recently as the aftermath of the Upton park fiasco. You may not regard that as being easily satisfied, but if others(inc me) feel you are, then that''s not ''misrepresentation''. The definition of ''misrepresent'' is "give a false or misleading account" . And I have certainly not done that. Merely offered different interpretations and standards to those of yours.[/quote]

No. You are wrong on almost every count. 

I have explained I am not a "Hughton supporter through thick and thin" and given reasons - yet you continue to label me as that. I don''t give Hughton the benefit of the doubt and I  don''t excuse sub-standard performances in the slightest, merely try to find positives where they exist - as in the improved outfield play recently. And I am not easily satisfied - how can I be satisfied when we are where we are?

The story with you is that I post something, then you come along with a post that proceeds to portray something different to what I said. You call that "interpretation".  I call it "misprepresenting".    Nutty is past master and getting under people''s skins when he wants to - but he does it cleverly. You, unfortunately just blatently twist what someone says and then defend your position regardless.  That does not make for good discussion on football. It makes for tedious argument over what someone has said or hasn''t said.  Its a waste of your effort and my time.

No doubt you will come back at me with some fudge of an argument. Well, I''m sorry you can say what you like. I''ve tried to be fair with you in discussion, but I don''t get that back.  Good day.

LFW, your position is, I suspect, one that is felt by a vast swathe of Norwich fans these days . Just over a year ago, pretty much any fan you spoke to was reasonably upbeat. There were, as always the incurable optimists, but in the main most people I chatted with had realistically judged standards. It was always going to be a struggle, but we had some confidence that things would progress and move forward.With his stultifyingly dull and expressionless brand of football, , however, Hughton has backed both the club and fans into a corner . So much so that it''s only the Lakeys of this world who still cling onto that aura of hope that existed in autumn/early winter 2012 . The rest of us have been cowed into the sort of attitude that you describe so well above.As has been stated before, there are those of us who would be prepared to overlook this passionless and unintense  type of display if, ultimately, as you say, it was rewarded with results . In the same way a hungry man will accept bland food if it is proved nutritious. But the Norwich City ''meal''  under Hughton has become not only flavourless and uninteresting but also lacking in any vitamins and other dietetic benefit.

[quote user="lake district canary"]. You, unfortunately just blatently twist what someone says and then defend your position regardless. 

[/quote]Oh the irony.A case of kettles and  black pans if ever there was one !You may like to portray yourself as not being a Hughton supporter through thick and thin, citing the very occasional critical remark you''ve posted, but the overriding tone of your postings is one of being a Hughton apologist. The countless threads in which you''ve displayed this tendency have been remarked upon by literally dozens of people , often in a far less measured and charitable way than I''ve done. Are you saying that ALL these people are guilty of'' misrepresenting'' you,  ''blatantly twisting your words'', and ''portraying something different to what you said''. ? Really ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]how about we shake hands and move on? I always have to be right but why don''t we meet for a pre game pint on Sunday?[/quote]Not against the idea, but due to work commitments I am unable to attend on Sun (Would''ve been OK if it''d been on Sat..grrrrr).Happy to meet for the Stoke or Sunderland game though.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]how about we shake hands and move on? I always have to be right but why don''t we meet for a pre game pint on Sunday?[/quote]Take another look at the offer from the troll.

Not against the idea, but due to work commitments I am unable to attend on Sun (Would''ve been OK if it''d been on Sat..grrrrr).Happy to meet for the Stoke or Sunderland game though.[/quote]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]how about we shake hands and move on? I always have to be right but why don''t we meet for a pre game pint on Sunday?[/quote]Not against the idea, but due to work commitments I am unable to attend on Sun (Would''ve been OK if it''d been on Sat..grrrrr).Happy to meet for the Stoke or Sunderland game though.[/quote]

Trolls at work again.  Take another look at the offer.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]how about we shake hands and move on? I always have to be right but why don''t we meet for a pre game pint on Sunday?[/quote]Not against the idea, but due to work commitments I am unable to attend on Sun (Would''ve been OK if it''d been on Sat..grrrrr).Happy to meet for the Stoke or Sunderland game though.[/quote]

Trolls at work again.  Take another look at the offer.

[/quote]Flippin'' heck.  One Lake District Canary is enough .Two just goes to prove you CAN have too much of a good thing !!!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]That is neither funny, clever or informative, its not even a good parody.

A waste of time and effort......"boyo".[/quote]

Repeating something you have searched for on the board? Sad.