Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so, if a new manager comes in what do you all want?

Better football?

Higher league finish?

Cup win?

If he comes in and we finish 15th will that be considered successful?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Better football?

Higher league finish?

Cup win?

If he comes in and we finish 15th will that be considered successful?

[/quote]

Motivated, organised and passionate football........now I''m not sure in the lower premiership you are ever going to get this unless you get more youth products come through the ranks as most big name footballers don''t come for anything more than the money! IMO

I think we need a higher fitness level so a manager with focus on every player being fit enough for 90 minutes and motivated to play for the full 90. Win lose or draw that''s all that any fans can ask for.

I believe most people just want survival , the Board are making the right noises now about changing the manager but truth is they have left it 3 months too late . I always thought that the worst thing would be to let Hughton waste all the easier games then bring in a new man with just a few games left to try to save us but that now looks as if it is what they are going to do .

More interesting games where we don''t just look like we''re clinging on and hoping to win with set pieces.

More goals.

Not fussed about saying "we need to improve on 11th" as i''m realistic. It''s just getting a bit stale with Hughton now. We look in danger of running out of steam and going down with a whimper.

Belief we can win a game. At the minute we are all nervous pregame because we are not sure where the next goal is coming from. I just crave the confident winning feeling

Better, enjoyable football, without a doubt - Personally, i don''t care if that''s in the Premiership or League one.

I enjoy my sport for what it is, not where.

To go into a game with hope that we can get something out of it. Now that''s a depressing viewpoint and not one I''ve felt for a long time. Even under Rodent I never really gave up thinking we could get three points. Don''t even get my hopes up anymore. God that''s depressing :(

So we want exciting, attacking football, scoring lots of goals and giving every team in the league a run for their money, but also with the understanding that we need to be realistic in our aspirations and accept that we''re pretty much where we should be in the league.

So lots of 5-4''s basically?

Seems like Hughton would be ok if he could get the team scoring and conceding more.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]So we want exciting, attacking football, scoring lots of goals and giving every team in the league a run for their money, but also with the understanding that we need to be realistic in our aspirations and accept that we''re pretty much where we should be in the league.

So lots of 5-4''s basically?

Seems like Hughton would be ok if he could get the team scoring and conceding more.[/quote]None of these things are ever likely to be satisfied while NCFC remain a Premiership outfit so this is basically a plea for relegation and Championship football next season.

Just going back to what NCFC have always been renowned for - quality, attack minded football, played with style, aggression and some motivation!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Just going back to what NCFC have always been renowned for - quality, attack minded football, played with style, aggression and some motivation![/quote]

I always hear this kinda stuff from fans. Every fan thinks their team was built on an attractive, attacking style of football.

Has there ever been fans who''ve stated, ''our team has always been renowned for dour, boring hoofball, and that''s how we like it!''

Perhaps Stoke, but I don''t know what they were like before Pulis.

I''m not a greedy sort of guy.So, if the new man came in next week, I''d be happy with the 4 or so wins that keeps us in the Premier League. Something I''ve got zero confidence Hughton will achieve.Not much to ask.

Crystal Canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-19 8:47 PM:

City 2nd wrote:
Just going back to what NCFC have always been renowned for - quality, attack minded football, played with style, aggression and some motivation!

I always hear this kinda stuff from fans. Every fan thinks their team was built on an attractive, attacking style of football.

Has there ever been fans who''ve stated, ''our team has always been renowned for dour, boring hoofball, and that''s how we like it!''

Until now!?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Crystal Canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-19 8:47 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

I always hear this kinda stuff from fans. Every fan thinks their team was built on an attractive, attacking style of football. Has there ever been fans who''ve stated, ''our team has always been renowned for dour, boring hoofball, and that''s how we like it!'' Until now!?[/quote]

Wimbledon.

Stoke.

TBH I think City have always had a reputation for playing attractive passing football, but the rest of what City 2nd says is more wishful thinking than anything else.

A playstyle designed around beating the teams around us, not one built on stopping the opposition playing regardless of who they are. A less rigid formation with faster attacks and a manager capable of reading the game and changing tactics/players to react accordingly.

If Hughton could change his way of thinking tactically slightly while still keeping the defensive organisation, just focus on being more direct and feeding the strikers in a way that suits them then I''d be happy to keep him despite his poor in game tactical decisions.

He''s excellent in so many ways ie Signings/Coaching (supposedly)/media persona/man management(the players are STILL with him despite the stifling tactics) and his defensive nous. If he''s just improve his matchday tactics and focus on our strengths instead of the oppositions he''d be brilliant, but he''s had 2 years to improve, he hasn''t so time for someone else to have a go!

Short term - 4+ wins before May.

Mid-term - some belief to take the game to the opposition and gain some advantage over our peers.

Long-term - stability in the top division and the ability to have a regular, decent tilt at a cup competition (don''t care which one!)

I''ll leave it up to you to decent how long you think think short and long term are!