Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Hughton's Most Recent Interview

Is it me or is the interview with Hughton on the front page just a complete load of nonesense? It really seems like the ramblings of someone who really cannot think of anything productive to say.

It could be the reporter but some of it doesn''t even seem to make a great deal of sense!

Or it could just be me, it''s been a long week...

It''s got to the stage with some fans now....That if Hughton was to give all his money to Charity he would be blamed for giving it to the wrong oneGive the guy a breakYes, clearly we need a new manager but don''t pick him apart for absolutely everything he ever does !

I would agree that he has an unusual way of speaking but that`s not uncommon for someone that`s been in footballing circles for so long. Trevor Brooking is an absolute master of  football speak.Would be more helpful if the reporter put the commas in the correct places, typed what he actually said and put in the questions that he was answering. Have some sympathy for all football managers having to answer the same predictable questions from the press and having to give the same non controversial bland answers.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]It''s got to the stage with some fans now....That if Hughton was to give all his money to Charity he would be blamed for giving it to the wrong one   Give the guy a breakYes, clearly we need a new manager but don''t pick him apart for absolutely everything he ever does ![/quote]" clearly we need a new manager "

I still can''t get my head round this.   The team have been misfiring for different reasons since Hughton arrived. Yet we have put together enough results/performances to still be successful last season and still in the fight to stay up this season.  There have been difficulties, of course, that we all know about.  Clearly we need to improve.    But it still could happen under this manager.    If he is to be given to the end of the season, as would appear to be the case, if he starts to get good results and keeps us up, then the management issue may not be as urgent as some are suggesting now.   It seems to me the die is cast.  Hughton will sink or swim on the results of the next few weeks.  

(Disclaimer to Reggie: this does not make me an "inner" - time has moved on)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]It''s got to the stage with some fans now....That if Hughton was to give all his money to Charity he would be blamed for giving it to the wrong one   Give the guy a breakYes, clearly we need a new manager but don''t pick him apart for absolutely everything he ever does ![/quote]" clearly we need a new manager "

I still can''t get my head round this.   The team have been misfiring for different reasons since Hughton arrived. Yet we have put together enough results/performances to still be successful last season and still in the fight to stay up this season.  There have been difficulties, of course, that we all know about.  Clearly we need to improve.    But it still could happen under this manager.    If he is to be given to the end of the season, as would appear to be the case, if he starts to get good results and keeps us up, then the management issue may not be as urgent as some are suggesting now.   It seems to me the die is cast.  Hughton will sink or swim on the results of the next few weeks.  

[/quote]Give it a rest for crying out loud. Are you Hootan''s mum or something ?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]It''s got to the stage with some fans now....That if Hughton was to give all his money to Charity he would be blamed for giving it to the wrong one   Give the guy a breakYes, clearly we need a new manager but don''t pick him apart for absolutely everything he ever does ![/quote]" clearly we need a new manager "

(Disclaimer to Reggie: this does not make me an "inner" - time has moved on)[/quote]Give it a rest for crying out loud. Are you Hootan''s mum or something ?[/quote]No.And no.

He''s been given longer than all the other managers that have performed as poorly or in Laudrup''s case better than him. I bet he can''t believe his luck.

We need to see some fight some passion something to give us hope that he''s capable of turning us around. Some may point to the man Citeh game but we didn''t score. In all fairness had it been a 3-3 draw then people may have been more patient but it wasn''t and the goal drought continued.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]It''s got to the stage with some fans now....That if Hughton was to give all his money to Charity he would be blamed for giving it to the wrong one  
Give the guy a break
Yes, clearly we need a new manager but don''t pick him apart for absolutely everything he ever does !
[/quote]

" clearly we need a new manager "

[/quote]

I do have to laugh, in one part you say for different reasons the team has been misfiring since Hughton has been here and then you defend him! After 2 years of dower, dull, disfunctional football questions over his signings and you still say he could turn things around!

I hoped that Hughton would have turned us around this year given some of the signings he made, yet he fell into the trap of getting in aging pro''s with premiership experience! I think almost all teams who have a limited budget and ended up being relegated in th past have loaned these type of players. Although on paper they look like a good signing in reality they turn out to be less effective over the period of the loan. But time will tell.

On Hughton, really do we need to criticise the guy for every aspect of his management. Sometimes he can be too nice to the opposition but in general he''s a good interviewer and as pointed out, what is he supposed to say?

Give him a break.