Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Would you buy a ticket for each game

If we were not season ticket holders like most of us years ago,who would pay these prices to see a match.In the past if we were playing like we are the gates would drop as people voted with their feet and missed games.I just wonder what the gates would be now if only a few had season tickets.I know all you will say you go through thick and thin and would support the club whatever but in reality in the past people stopped going to games when the team was sh*t,so your thoughts on that.

we''d still sell out.. playing against some of the best players in the world is lure enough for the fans. as is the fact we can proudly say we support a Premiership side...

Well my interest in actually going to the games has waned somewhat. Given I live miles away, I have to commit a whole weekend and over £100 quid without even thinking of the ticket fee. I sometimes get offered my dads season ticket for free.

It just doesn''t seem worth the 400 mile round trip to turn up and watch a group of players that are often under the cosh and devoid of a decent level of quality.

If I lived in Norwich, i''d be a season ticket holder though.

[quote user="Shaun Tilley Lace"]Yes, I''m sure you are right. How much are tickets to see Spurs - £40 to £50? You can have a good night out for that sort of money instead of being bored for 90 minutes.[/quote]

£60

It would certainly work out a lot cheaper for me if you could buy regular casual tickets with no problems, because I miss a lot of games because of working away, but the only way I can be sure of me and the kids getting seats is to keep renewing our season tickets.

If I didn''t have a season ticket I''d probably only be able to afford one game a month so that''s what I''d have to make do with. I''d be gutted though. My ST is £40 pm and a Spurs tkt is £60. We are extremely lucky to be able to pay for the STs monthly interest free. I''m also extremely lucky to be able to have one. Finance would be the only thing that would stop me going. I feckin'' love the whole package of football days.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If I didn''t have a season ticket I''d probably only be able to afford one game a month so that''s what I''d have to make do with. I''d be gutted though. My ST is £40 pm and a Spurs tkt is £60. We are extremely lucky to be able to pay for the STs monthly interest free. I''m also extremely lucky to be able to have one. Finance would be the only thing that would stop me going. I feckin'' love the whole package of football days.

[/quote]
See you Sunday hopefully[Y]

[quote user="Shaun Tilley Lace"]Yes, I''m sure you are right. How much are tickets to see Spurs - £40 to £50? You can have a good night out for that sort of money instead of being bored for 90 minutes.[/quote]In fact as I''ve got Sky I could have saved the £40 to £50 (apparently to £60) watched the game at home with some delightful analysis from Niall Quinn and then had a good night out as well.

I am in the position where I have a season ticket (since 1986 and I pay monthly) which is great value given the cost of £50 for an A+ game in the Upper Barclay

However I have to buy Drazen jnr a ticket for each home game. He is 13 and Spurs alone has cost me £28 - not forgetting the £1.50 booking fee for pressing some buttons on a PC.

We have everything crossed that enough plastics do not renew this year to allow him hid own ST.

Last year he was 920th on the waiting list so 2014-2015 might be the season for him - and he doesn''t care what league we are in!

So, in answer to the OP - yes we would buy a ticket for each game but it doesn''t half hurt your pocket if you ain''t lucky enough to have an ST!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
See you Sunday hopefully[Y]
[/quote]

Think without doubt that this goes for most of us, and should point out that we are the envy of the majority of fans all over the country, I can''t see why or how it is that other clubs have not followed suit.

I genuinely wouldn''t be able to afford to. I am forever grateful for my season ticket and that I''m able to pay for it monthly. I would probably go once a month if I had to buy each ticket but my desire to even go to the game at the moment with a season ticket is being tested!

I don''t have a season ticket and got to say since we''ve been in the premier league I go to a lot less games than I ever did when we were in the football league.  I put it down to the price of tickets and the fact the games are so readily available via the internet, local pubs and sky/BT sports.  The Fulham league game was £50-£60 which is a complete joke, it not value for money, I can take the kids to the cinema with a pizza afterwards for that, then Another thing I have noticed that it is a lot easier to get causal tickets than it used to be a few years ago, you used to have to be a super member to have any chance of getting a ticket and even then you had to queue outside the box office at 9am on a monday to get 2 tickets together.  I haven''t even bothered with the standard membership as its not really need to get tickets these days.don''t mind paying £30 a ticket for a game against the lower teams and they are the games i general would go to, though I feel that if you don''t have a season ticket (which to be fare to the club are good value) you are being priced out of football.The club needs to extended the capacity, then they could satisfy those waiting for a season ticket and have still enough seats to have reasonable casual tickets as well as allowing some low cost family/school tickets to enable the next generation of fans to come and what their local team instead of supporting Man City or Chelsea.  after all this is a big factor why our average attendance has grown by 10K in the last 10-15 years

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we''d still sell out.. playing against some of the best players in the world is lure enough for the fans. as is the fact we can proudly say we support a Premiership side...[/quote]I think you live in a dream world.I dont think we would sell out many games if we only had a handful of season ticket holders, not this season anyway

I would if i could, but i cant. Jeez, the chance of a one hour bus journey to watch City like i did as a kid, being able to buy a ticket every week,just like in the 70s, standing, singing, loving it. the thought is enough to bring a tear to my eye. I remember getting coupons that allowed you to get a ticket for the next round of the cup, and the toilets with no roof, and the Barclay stand walls made of wood, and home knitted scarves, and cattle pen fences up to the roof. Never thought twice about whether we''d get in. £1.20 would do it for the day, Wanderbus tkt, match tkt, bag of chips.