Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

If we are relegated...

The last thing I want for this club is to be relegated. The idea that ''outers'' want this to happen just so they can be proved right and have the bragging rights is ludicrous in my opinion - outers want a managerial change to avoid relegation. My question is this; if the worst comes to the worst, and we do go down, would all those who opposed change and supported the manager concede that this support was ill-judged? Or would they still feel that supporting the manager was the right call and we only went down because of bad luck, or that it was always a tough ask for Norwich to stay up, with Chris performing miracles to get the club to even achieve what we did?

Im not interested in being accused of wanting bragging rights. Im simply interested in how changeable the opinion is of those who still support the manager. I said give him time last season, iv seen no improvement since he''s been in charge, with him now working with a more talented crop of players. I think the team is underperforming, and as long as I feel that way I will feel that we need a better manager. Im worried we will be relegated, and even if we''re not I dont see the club progressing. Im just interested in what it would take to make an ''inner'' concede that sticking with hughton was the wrong decision. Would even relegation not rock the faith, or would that be the tipping point. I am really dreading the feeling of frustration that we will feel if the club ultimately goes down. Will the inners still be singing that it was not preventable? Just trying to understand the mindset

There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.

[quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.[/quote]Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.

If we go down under CH it could not be proved that a change of manager would have kept us up.If we had changed manager then it could not proved that CH would not have kept us up.There are no rights or wrongs just peoples opinions of what will/would/could/should happen.Bragging rights on an online forum may be an issue for a minority, personally they mean nothing to me.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.[/quote]Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.[/quote]They know exactly who they are, and I''m not interested in stirring crap up, I''m bored of it.People trotting out about how they wanted Hughton out last season (when we finished higher than Lambert took us) have been plentiful and have regularly claimed some sort of moral high ground, and told of how stupid anyone who thinks any different, is.And they have also regularly played the "I told you so" game, look at the furore here every time we lose.So don''t tell me it doesn''t happen.

[quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.

If you actually believe one word he says.
[/quote]

Bullsh*t morty, that was a joke, and whats more. ..you damn well know it! ..............the last thing I want is City relegated just to prove a point.. . grow up.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.[/quote]

Bullsh*t morty, that was a joke, and whats more. ..you damn well know it! ..............the last thing I want is City relegated just to prove a point.. . grow up.

[/quote]Lol. The old internet defence of "I was only joking"You''re an embarrassing idiot.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.[/quote]Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.[/quote]They know exactly who they are, and I''m not interested in stirring crap up, I''m bored of it.People trotting out about how they wanted Hughton out last season (when we finished higher than Lambert took us) have been plentiful and have regularly claimed some sort of moral high ground, and told of how stupid anyone who thinks any different, is.And they have also regularly played the "I told you so" game, look at the furore here every time we lose.So don''t tell me it doesn''t happen.[/quote]I''m not saying it doesn''t happen in a very few cases, as you say, particularly when we lose. But the tone of your posting is implying that it''s a major and regular phenomenon. And I''m saying it is not.I''ve been pilloried by the usual suspects for allegedly making stuff up on here and not backing it up with facts, quotes and naming names. So all I''m asking is for you to do the same.Because I really do not believe it''s the problem you are hyping it up to be.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.If you actually believe one word he says.[/quote]Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.[/quote]They know exactly who they are, and I''m not interested in stirring crap up, I''m bored of it.People trotting out about how they wanted Hughton out last season (when we finished higher than Lambert took us) have been plentiful and have regularly claimed some sort of moral high ground, and told of how stupid anyone who thinks any different, is.And they have also regularly played the "I told you so" game, look at the furore here every time we lose.So don''t tell me it doesn''t happen.[/quote]I''m not saying it doesn''t happen in a very few cases, as you say, particularly when we lose. But the tone of your posting is implying that it''s a major and regular phenomenon. And I''m saying it is not.I''ve been pilloried by the usual suspects for allegedly making stuff up on here and not backing it up with facts, quotes and naming names. So all I''m asking is for you to do the same.Because I really do not believe it''s the problem you are hyping it up to be.[/quote]I disagree.And I can''t be arsed to trawl back and collect names.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.

[/quote]

Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.

So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.
[/quote]

They know exactly who they are, and I''m not interested in stirring crap up, I''m bored of it.

People trotting out about how they wanted Hughton out last season (when we finished higher than Lambert took us) have been plentiful and have regularly claimed some sort of moral high ground, and told of how stupid anyone who thinks any different, is.

And they have also regularly played the "I told you so" game, look at the furore here every time we lose.

So don''t tell me it doesn''t happen.
[/quote]

I''m not saying it doesn''t happen in a very few cases, as you say, particularly when we lose. But the tone of your posting is implying that it''s a major and regular phenomenon. And I''m saying it is not.

I''ve been pilloried by the usual suspects for allegedly making stuff up on here and not backing it up with facts, quotes and naming names. So all I''m asking is for you to do the same.

Because I really do not believe it''s the problem you are hyping it up to be.
[/quote]

Damn right.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]There are a few people here who desperately want "I told you so" rights, a perfect example being Wiz, who already has his I told you so post scripted.

[/quote]

Come on Morty. You are going to have to do a lot better than that. We all know Wiz is a wind-up merchant and wild card.

So who are all these other people who are desperate to unravel tyhe ''I told you so'' banners ? Name names.
[/quote]

They know exactly who they are, and I''m not interested in stirring crap up, I''m bored of it.

People trotting out about how they wanted Hughton out last season (when we finished higher than Lambert took us) have been plentiful and have regularly claimed some sort of moral high ground, and told of how stupid anyone who thinks any different, is.

And they have also regularly played the "I told you so" game, look at the furore here every time we lose.

So don''t tell me it doesn''t happen.
[/quote]

I''m not saying it doesn''t happen in a very few cases, as you say, particularly when we lose. But the tone of your posting is implying that it''s a major and regular phenomenon. And I''m saying it is not.

I''ve been pilloried by the usual suspects for allegedly making stuff up on here and not backing it up with facts, quotes and naming names. So all I''m asking is for you to do the same.

Because I really do not believe it''s the problem you are hyping it up to be.
[/quote]

I disagree.

And I can''t be arsed to trawl back and collect names.
[/quote]

Lol. The old internet defence of "I can''t be arsed"

You''re an embarrassing idiot

Awwww bless wizzipoos, you feeling particularly insecure today, and need an extra helping of abuse attention?[:(]

[quote user="morty"]Awwww bless wizzipoos, you feeling particularly insecure today, and need an extra helping of abuse attention?

[:(]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="morty"]There you go Reggie, you and Wiz share views.What a lovely, warm feeling that must be.[/quote]Doesn''t bother me one way or the other Morty. I form and voice my own views without any reference to others.....Fair enough at not being arsed to trawl through pages of past postings. We are probably very alike that we actually have a life that does not involve Pink Un forum. Probably applies to all but the most anally retentive members.Like those who constantly witter on about quoting posts from months ago. Examples....? Well, I''ll take the same line as you and say that ''we all know who they are ''.

Following the predictable diversion I thought I''d have a go at answering the OP.

I guess I would class myself as an inner. If things had gone my way we would have changed manager after the 7 - 0 at Man City but for better or worse that didn''t happen and we are where we are now. For me changing at this late stage of the season would be more risky than keeping the status quo.

If we go down would I consider that support to be ill judged? The answer is obviously yes. The whole point of sticking or changing is to enhance the prospect of staying up. An outer would presumably have to say the same were we to change manager and then go down?

On paper we have a good enough squad to stay up IMO so if we go down then whatever decision has been made by the board, to stick or twist, will have been the wrong one.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]

Doesn''t bother me one way or the other Morty. I form and voice

my own views without any reference to others.....
Fair enough at

not being arsed to trawl through pages of past postings. We are probably very

alike that we actually have a life that does not involve Pink Un forum. Probably

applies to all but the most anally retentive members.Like those

who constantly witter on about quoting posts from months ago. Examples....?

Well, I''ll take the same line as you and say that ''we all know who they are

''.
[/quote]

Keep on keeping me amused Reggie..

Questions that could be honestly answered now in order to prepare the ground for the end of the season : -

Werte those who wanted Worthy out vindicated by what happened after?

Were those who wanted to keep him vindicated by what happened after?

Were those who wanted Delia out vindicated by what happened after?

Were those who wanted her to stay vindicated by what happened after?

The honest answer to all those questions is no. Try another one for the future : -

If we stay up will those who wanted to change the manager be proved wrong? Were they proved wrong last season? If so do they now look foolish for saying they wanted him gone since "choose a date" last season?

The answer to each and every one of those questions has to be no.

But those who make up stuff to support their opinion, from anywhere on the spectrum, can of course be proved wrong...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

On paper we have a good enough squad to stay up IMO so if we go down then whatever decision has been made by the board, to stick or twist, will have been the wrong one.[/quote]With respect, Hairy, I don''t think its quite as clear -cut as you are making out.Certainly if we do not make change, and we go down, the decision to ''stick'' will almost universally be shown as wrong.But if we ''twist'', opinion will be a lot more divided. There will be those who say the decision was wrong, because in the end it made no difference. But there will be an equal group who will have no problem with the decision, if for no other reason that we would probably have gone down anyway, and it was always going to be a tall order for a new guy to make a difference, but he''d already be in place to make an instant impact in the Championship next season (eg Harry Redknapp at QPR a year ago). And, the board would have shown they had the balls to act decisively. I''d certainly consider myself a member of that group.