Sign in to follow this  
Casey

Seb Bassong on his relationship with Chris Hughton

Apologies if this has already been posted, but thought I''d share. I am NOT putting this there either as a ''Hooton Out'' or a Hughton In argument. I''m merely posting it for interest. Nonetheless I am fully prepared for a barrage of angry replies regarding CH.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26281026

It should be blatantly obvious to everyone how well respect Chris Hughton is within the world of football.
Obviously he upset Holty and Morison with his tactics or whatever. But generally he''s held in very high regard.
But for me, stories like this just add another reason why he isn''t the man for the job. Its gotten to the stage that positives are actually turning into negatives because we are still failing to pick up as many points as we ''deserve'' in spite of many positives. How we came out of Newcastle/City/Cardiff/West Ham with only two points is just unreal. Two games we essentially dominated then a couple sloppy defensive moments ruin it, not even giving us a point (and of course a lot of missed chances, some poor finishing some good saves some bad luck). And then in two games in which we probably deserve to be behind, more so against Newcaslte (as City didn''t really have many good chances) we were then gifted with a couple of very clear cut opportunities to win the games and didn''t.
The writing is on the wall, we don''t have luck on our side. Or more to the point, Hughton doesn''t have luck on his side. Whatever he is doing to try and change things, even when performances improve in general the results aren''t. The whole squad could be in love with him, we still aren''t in good enough form to stay up. So its either him, or the players. The only thing we could attempt to change now is him.

So having a good bond with your players is another reason why he isnt the man for the job......I have clearly missed something here?

you can''t base your opinion on luck. We should have scored against cardiff and west ham but we didn''t. Newcastle should have scored against us but didn''t, thats not luck or unlucky for us.

Nice to hear about sebs relationship with CH thanks for that

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]So having a good bond with your players is another reason why he isnt the man for the job......I have clearly missed something here?[/quote]
He already has a good bond with them but is unable to get the results.
If he had some issues with players at least that is something he could work on to improve and could easily lead to improved results. Its why OGS bought in a couple players from his old club so he had a couple who already knew him and his management style to help ease everyone in.
Hughton has the players on side and still we aren''t getting results.
And Mrs Miggins what are you on about? Not lucky or unlucky? Of course it is.