Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Points more important than Hughton being sacked

Stupid subject title I know - but I have been reading various posts on here and other social media of people saying they hope we get thrashed on Sunday so Hughton gets sacked. 2 weeks ago, i agreed with this statement. However at this stage of the season, we need the points. I would rather we picked up 3 points against spurs and limped over the finnish line in 17th then go for broke with a new manager - its to late!

If however we do get thrashed on Sunday then HOOOOTON OUT!

"Points more important than Hughton being sacked"

I''ve been saying this since for quite some time. When the board decided to support Hughton after a really bad run of results and performances in November - and then we picked up a few points - it was clear that this was always going to be the reality.  The Hughton out issue only appears to be something a few posters are pushing.  Most fans are realistic enough to see the club is going with Hughton until the end of the season.

If masturwitterers are still trying to push a line which is anti-club, by hoping we will lose, then they are not supporters.  Anyone can twitter anything.   The bottom line is points and goals. Get goals and we will get points.  The "manager out" issue is just wishful thinking by a few hard-liners and has precious little to do with the rest of this season. 

Threads of this sort have run before, albeit sporadically, this season, H4H.I guess you are suggesting that there will be people who would prefer we lose to Spurs ,  if that means a swifter exit for Hughton.I am not , and never have been, of that opinion. To me, no self-respecting City fan ever wants us to lose. We need the points so desperately, that we cannot afford the luxury of indulgences like that anyway.But, as you say...if we do lose on Sun then that would be a different matter !

I think people have come to the realisation that removing Chris Hughton from the club and replacing him with a better motivator and tactician may quite feasibly result in an improvement in form that would comfortably compensate for the 3 lost points in the next league fixture.Of course it would be better if the board had done their job and already identified a suitable replacement. But perhaps they have simply accepted their own inefficiencies at finding a replacement and have gone for the do nothing and hope for the best option. They may have found a kindred spirit in their extremely risk-averse manager.

I can see the attraction of wishing to lose in these circumstances......been tempted myself, but get the points first..........then sack the clown.

[quote user="Wiz"]I can see the attraction of wishing to lose in these circumstances......been tempted myself, but get the points first..........then sack the clown.[/quote]
Tempted?
You seem to suffer from extremely selective memory....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I can see the attraction of wishing to lose in these circumstances......been tempted myself, but get the points first..........then sack the clown.[/quote]

Tempted?

You seem to suffer from extremely selective memory....

[/quote]

Totally agree.[:P]

Wiz, this board is so much more entertaining with you on it when you make these comments!

LDC hits the nail on the head for me and that''s exactly why come Sunday the team will beat Spurs and then go to Villa and at the very least nick a point..........nurse, where''s my tablets?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Wiz, this board is so much more entertaining with you on it when you make these comments!

LDC hits the nail on the head for me and that''s exactly why come Sunday the team will beat Spurs and then go to Villa and at the very least nick a point..........nurse, where''s my tablets?

[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

[quote user="morty"]Whoooooooosh!

We''re laughing at you, not with you.

[/quote]

As I with you. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-022.gif[/IMG]

Yes points are more important , trouble being is with Hughton in charge we will not get enough points so surely that makes sacking the manager imperative to our survival chances .