Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Becchio,yes or no.

It''s odd how absolutely confident most responders are to not giving him a shot when he''s barely had an opportunity to play this season. He''s done nothing wrong in the limited opportunities he''sbeen given, and maybe his confidence in game hhasn''t been shot like it seems to have been for others, so if he started I wouldn''t be disappointed.

I''m drunk, so i''ll say yes.I''d start him up top with Robert Chase.Also, bring back Thatcher.

mmm fair point Houston, got me thinking, but still NO as he really hasnt looked the part in his very limited appearances, and maybe once you come round for the obvious hangover you have you too will change your mind?

For those that say he is fourth best and No, what are you basing your assesment on.Hooper without a doubt has to be number 1Can anyone tell me why Becchio is  any worse than the other 2 based on the amount of goals scored which after all is what a striker is paid to do.

[quote user="city4eva"]For those that say he is fourth best and No, what are you basing your assesment on.Hooper without a doubt has to be number 1Can anyone tell me why Becchio is  any worse than the other 2 based on the amount of goals scored which after all is what a striker is paid to do.How about, when having watched him play, he genuinely looks 4th best?

[/quote]

Yes, why not?

Strikers thrive on confidence in their ability to stick the ball in the back of the net. It''s pretty clear this is lacking in the Wolf and Elmander and I''d guess now in Hoops following his goal drought and chances spurned in recent matches.

Ability still plays a big part but with strikers the game is massively pschological as well. In your opinion, Becchio mag not be as good as the other 3 but if he''s feeling more confident, I''d wager he''s more likely to score.

In my opinion, he''s worth a go anyway. When signed, he''d out scored both Jordan Rhodes and Charlie Austin in the Championship, who have a combined transfer fee of £12m.

Had we signed Becchio for £8m would people''s perception of him be different?

If he were to start and ran round like a headless chicken for 90 minutes yet barely got in the game and fluffed any chance to score that came his way, finishing the game with zero goals, how would this be a poorer performance than what we get with the current incumbants? We''re getting very little from the strikers at the moment, so dont see how Becchio''s contribution could be judged as worse. After he came off, what exactly would we all be saying that we''d have got if the others had played? An out of form striker not scoring goals has the same output as a crapper striker not scoring goals. Im not saying Becchio should play, but I dont see how playing him would lessen the team when we''re getting so little from the others. Becchio has a point to prove and psychologically this might mean he has the drive to want to perform in the way the others dont seem to have at present

Maybe cuz you''re tired of the experts who have determined he''s no good based on 20 - 30 minutes of playing time in an offense that has sucked the life out of so msny previously prolific front men who supposedly are much better despite not scoring.

Yes.As our 3 other "strikers" can''t score & don''t look like scoring, we''ve go nothing to lose by giving Becchio a chance. Could be the answer - funny old game football.

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]No. Why play championship standard player against lone of the top sides in the premier league?[/quote]Is he the only Championship striker we''ve got?When I look at our goals for column, I think we definitely have 3 Championship strikers and it could be argued that we''ve got 4.

The no s surprise me,you have to change things if they are not working and my god they are not.It may give the others a kick up the ar*e if he was to start.it is what having a squad is all about changing players.If he is really sh*t sack who signed him on.

[quote user="the pigman"]The no s surprise me,you have to change things if they are not working and my god they are not.It may give the others a kick up the ar*e if he was to start.it is what having a squad is all about changing players.If he is really sh*t sack who signed him on.[/quote]
i wish we would.

I really don''t get it - on paper he is the worst striker at the club but our striker''s on''t play on paper and are hardly '' prolific '' and I say why not give him a go. Think my dog has a better chance of scoring than Elmander, and probably Wolfie.

Awaits sarcastic superior message from regulars with a ''million '' posts. Come on morty you know you want to.......