Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Becchio,yes or no.

Really? Well said GP - Haha understates it.

Unless Hooper, RvW and Elmander are all injured absolutely not

The pigman - you ask for reasons - my personal opinion is below.

For me I have yet to see anything in his appearances that makes him deserve a start or suggest that he can perform at prem level, pace, movement, touch, energy and impact have simply underwhelmed me when I have seen good contributions from the 3 alternatives

Admittedly most are from last season, but it was clear then that he was not as capable as either holt or kei k. Both of whom were rapidly disposed of as being short of the mark.

From this season as woeful as our striking record has been all three players have played better than luciano when he has made his brief appearances.

Its clear the only reason we still have him here is emergency cover for injuries only and I am sure he will be moved on in the summer once we have signed the strikers we want (or if we do get relegated we will see much more of him I guess)

As I said - just my observations

No.

Not when you''ve spent big money on Hooper and RVW. They have got to deliver and they should be given the best chances to deliver.

As I''ve said before I think Becchio was a bit unlucky last season because he put in a shift against Everton only for Kamara to come on and get the goal which basically kept him in the team - even though he never did too much else.

And as for this season, I think Elmander has maybe got a bit more to his all round game but I don''t think he''s really done enough to have made it worth signing him. So again, perhaps Becchio is a bit unlucky there. You''d probably say he offers a greater penalty box threat than Elmander.

So going back to he start of my post, it''s got to be about Hooper and/or RVW. Though very recent decisions and selections suggests the faith isn''t there in RVW.

Not ahead of Hooper but certainly in preference to RvW & Elmander if Hooper wasn''t fit or Hughton decided to go with two up top.

The lack of opportunities Becchio has had this season is staggering, particularly considering how poor RvW and Elmander have been. IMO a player doesn''t go from scoring 20+ Championship goals before the end of January to not being good enough for the Premiership in a matter of weeks.

He may not be any better than the other strikers here but until he gets a run of games nobody will ever know.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Well if nothing changes we can fully expect NO goals once again![/quote]

It seems that doesnt matter to most who answered NO. they want to see more of the same

Provided an excellent pass for a Howson goal last season, but looks slow & with no particular attributes of strength, heading or control.

So if he gets on he''ll doubtless score a hat trick.

Personally I''d rather we''d kept Kamara. Looked more likely to make something happen.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="City 2nd"]Well if nothing changes we can fully expect NO goals once again![/quote]

It seems that doesnt matter to most who answered NO. they want to see more of the same[/quote]Yes of course thats correct.Who would want to see goals after all?*rolls eyes*

Yes, why not...and let''s bring in Fox too while we are at it! Paleease.........he shouldnt even be on the bench now in my veiw and I, at the time, thought he was a decent signing.

No.

4th best striker at the club, why would we start him in front of the 3 better than him?

Although, on the basis that Houghton is a clueless clown and the fact that he doesn''t play him, I could well be wrong and he might be the best striker at the club but it''s just gone unnoticed.

Having said all of that, if he comes on with 5 to go at 0-0 an he scores, he will be my hero for the rest of Sunday at the very least. Of course Houghton won''t make a sub that early or attacking....😳

Considering our two main strikers have scoredf 6 league goals beyween then all season, why not start with Becchio with Loza alongside him, could they do any worse?