Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Dion Dublin

As caretaker?

Seeing as most people on here turn their noses up at Malky. And seeing as Lennon is hardly going to walk out a couple of months before he can lift another league title.

We are going to be looking for a ''caretaker''.

How about The Dube and Hucks? Nobody is going to going to play up in front of a giant man with a famously huge manhood and a head which is attached to his body by a giant steel plate and six bolts are they?

I doubt our current players hold him in the same level of esteem as fans who were here during his playing days.

Is he at all qualified and does he have any managerial experience to speak of?

It wasn''t a manager suggestion though was it, it was a caretaker suggestion.

What is your manager/caretaker suggestion skippdogg?

And Houston... Tim Sherwood does not have a UEFA Pro License. Chris Hughton does. Enough said.

yes, the club have had over 18 months to realise that Hughton is not up to the job yet they haven''t indentified the necessary replacement but are happy to hand the job to two folk who have NO managerial experience ...but have previously played for the club !and you think you have any credibility to make comment after that idiocy

Well my choice would be Malky Mackay for an immediate appointment, or Neil Lennon for an appointment at the end of the season to take over from a caretaker. My first suggestion was Neil Warnock as caretaker until the end of the season.

I''ve suggested both of those ideas on here in the recent past and been called an idiot for those also.

So I''d be called an idiot whatever my suggestion, usually by people who don''t have any ideas themselves. I''ve not heard yours City1st.

No credibility to be gained in not being brave enough to stick your neck out but being willing to start the abuse when other people do.

Besides, it is pretty obvious that my post here was lighthearted. I''ve already made my serious suggestion for the caretaker role.... Neil Warnock.

Bad ideas are better than no ideas.

"and been called an idiot"for good reasonClearly you have little grasp of what you are wittering on aboutA caretaker manager is someone who steps in to ensure the day to day running of the team/squad when there is a sudden unexpected departure of a manager - NOT a planned replacement of a current managerWhy would someone take on that supposed role in the certain knowledge that he will be removed come May ?Why would the club not replace Hughton with the next manager ... they have had ample time to identify that person ?As to this drivel "Bad ideas are better than no ideas " ............ words fail me

Le Juge,

Don''t count on it.

If houghton goes soon, I reckon Lennon will be straight in.

So many turn their noses up at Malky, yet under him Cardiff were never in the bottom 3 and had some very impressive wins. Under OGS they look certain for relegation but if we had been offered him as manager many including me would have taken him. I think Malky would do just fine if appointed.

And Malkey is waiting a court hearing for compo from Cardiff, that won''t be till July at the earliest, Malkey until then can not take another managers job, END OF.

Le Juge doesn''t give up easily. Never short of a rallying call....The day before a big match and off he goes again. This time he wants a ''caretaker''. You think I''m bad at this posting lark - well you, Le Juge, haven''t got the first clue about t..t...timing! 

"Neil Adams for caretaker as he knows the set up already."

Errr.....we have a manager. We need people to stop predicting failure.  It won''t help changing, caretaking, nappy changing or anything else. Get behind what we''ve got and make the best of it!

Thats the problem isn''t it, even if we were to sack the manager (which would be a bit imo, but can understand why some are so trigger happy like Tan and co), he options out there are terrible:

Neil Adams-knows the norwich city set up=who cares, we''re a premiership club who need to get quality.

Lennon- even a monkey could do his job

Hoddle- been out of the game for so long, and why would you

Malky- As defensive as Pulis, people moaned about the negative tactics we had last season, look at this guy

Thank goodness for LDC''s common sense, and as for Dion Dublin as caretaker.......that''s crazy isnt it......it is, isnt it? Sure "if" the next two game are a disaster, then maybe change will almost be inevitable considering the importance of staying in this league. But, even  then a caretaker is not what we would require, we would need an expert experienced operator who increases the chances of survival. The thing is, its all a gamble, but at least you get someone in for the following season too, so agreeing you stay up or go down with the new man and its made very clear to the fans that''s what will happen.  But what is now important is stability and keeping calm and I actually think Hughton does that quite well and am looking forward to a win against Spurs, I really am.

Incidentally, last week West Ham were over here for a break and Big Sam did a very interesting interview about "expectations" and also just how thin that line is right now and cited the match against us, in a nutshell he was actually saying that many fans at West Ham expectations were above where the club could realistically go right now......and I''d say similar applies to our club too.