Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Stephen Ireland and Wes Hoolahan

Irish Squad for friendly v Serbia, Wes included, Stephen Ireland left out.Reason given; Ireland has only played around 100mins in last 10 games, anyone know how many mins Wes has played?? and as a side issue , is Stephen Ireland one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent years. I remember watching him and thinking he was seriously good.. what happened?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Irish Squad for friendly v Serbia, Wes included, Stephen Ireland left out.Reason given; Ireland has only played around 100mins in last 10 games, anyone know how many mins Wes has played?? and as a side issue , is Stephen Ireland one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent years. I remember watching him and thinking he was seriously good.. what happened?[/quote]Some potential options of what happened are that:a) You mistook Zinedine Zidane for Stephen Ireland on the previous occasionb) You had taken some form of narcotics the first time you saw Stephen Ireland and weren''t fully aware of your surroundingsc) You were a poor judge of a footballer when you previously saw him and have now developed a basic understanding of the inherent crapness of Stephen Ireland.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]No, by far and away the winner of that accolade is Michael Johnson. ........[/quote]

Term, Johnson suffered a series of bad injury problems and mental health issues.

Not sure Ireland can claim those.

I know that he has the most ridiculous taste in cars, probably a result of too much money too young, but he was a decent enough player, just squandered it.

No ones answered the Wes game time last ten matches question in my original post though.

Some players develop and reach their peak early so they look like wonderkids but hit a glass ceiling early. Ireland is no worse than he was at the start of his career, well maybe slightly worse after basically never playing, it''s just that he hasn''t developed at all

Say''s it all doesn''t it ??

An accomplish A-grade manager such as O''Neill picks Hoolahan in front of Ireland.

Anybody that knows anything about football would pick Hoolahan - where does that put Hughton !