Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

If Saints didn't have Crouch yesterday we would have won

That Crouch is a real menace and extremely difficult to defend against. I would not rule out Soton beating Man U with him playing for them. All you have to do is boot it up to him and 8 times out of 10 he will win the ball and knock it down to a Saints player. Even Rio must struggle against him in the air.

If he was as good as you suggest he would playing in Champions League. We dealt with him in the second half, and Man UTd have better defs than us, so should deal with Saints long ball tactic, which is all they have.

if we didnt have crouchy we could have a couple of decent defenders instead and still would have won.great game though,big decider next week for all!!

[quote]if we didnt have crouchy we could have a couple of decent defenders instead and still would have won.great game though,big decider next week for all!![/quote]

zzzzzzzzzzzz boring zzzzzzzzzzzzz

we might have lost 3-0 if camara started instead. both good players. its just a shame we cant defend. it shouldn''t matter who is playing on the other team. because whoever it is, we seem to always concede against them. unless its smith, rooney, saha and nistelrooy!

[quote]zzzzzzzzzzzz eh wassup ? zzzzzzzzzzzz[/quote]

Hey Jim,

Not Jimbo (towards that saint fan)... he/she just sounded so smug with their win, thats all. Sounded like he/she was saying that no matter what, they would have won, just wasnt the kinda stuff I wanted to see on here after saturday. (was a bit grumpy)

Perhaps I took it the wrong way, so if I did my apologies

mental note to self: must stay off board when grumpy

Maybe it''s as Fleming said - you have to kill his supply line. And to do that you rely on your midfield and outer defenders. It seems to me (from radio commentary only) that Francis, Huckerby and Helveg didn''t do that, and Drury had problems because he had no cover. By the time the ball hits Crouch''s head, it''s too late, because he''s so good at laying it off.

hahaha, flem was too busy talking and worrying about his skin head to keep up with Crouch.

And no, its a team effort not a one man effort. So what, we have deano and McKenzie, who in current form are much better than any Southampton duo!

But its not like that, our defence is crap so we conceded goals in consequence. Credit to Southampton for taking advantage, something we cant do  

And if Arsenal didnt have Henry,Chelsea didnt have Cole,Blackburn didnt have Dickov,Palace didnt have Johnson,Liverpool didnt have Gerrard,Everton didnt have Ferguson ect ect. Your spot on,we could have been right up there fighting for a Champions League place!