Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Declan Rudd

Wonder what the plan is with Rudd next season? Think I''d prefer another season long loan, perhaps to a championship club. Seems to be progressing well and I think will be pushing Ruddy in a couple of seasons.

Regardless of which league we end up i  next season I am expecting Ruddy to be a Chelsea player before the season starts, and based on that my guess that Rudd will be either our Number 1 or 2 keeper.....

Wouldn''t surprise me if Ruddy goes but it wont be to Chelsea - why would he go there & put his career on hold as 2nd (but probably 3rd choice). If he wants to play for England he needs to be a no1 goalkeeper at a prem team. The most likely ''top team'' destination would be Arsenal

However, I wouldn''t mind him going if Forster follows Lennon down from Celtic...

From what I''ve seen of Rudd over the last couple of seasons, he''s really establishing himself as a top keeper in the lower leagues. Would have no issues with him as no 1 if we go down, and no2 if we stay up.

World Cup for Ruddy you''ve got to be joking. And the way he has performed this season will not be first choice for Premier League team. Forget about £5m not worth £3m.

[quote user="pete"]World Cup for Ruddy you''ve got to be joking. And the way he has performed this season will not be first choice for Premier League team. Forget about £5m not worth £3m.[/quote]

I actually agree 100% with this ,,,since he returned from injury ,, he has not been back to his former level of performance .

In fact I have said before , I think he has made a lot of errors , and Bunn should have been given a chance ..obviously my opinion !

Bunn had a big chance last season and throughout that time it was obvious (to most) that Ruddy is far superior.