Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Abhorrent!!!!!

I can tell you, from first hand, that the rehabilitation that the military offers after injury is world class.

Ok I should word it better, Headley Court is the only one where injured personnel can be rehabilitated where there families can be present and help make the transition into civvy street. 1 centre in the whole of the UK which is f*cking abysmal don''t you think? I''d love to here about all the other rehabilitation centre''s you know of Morty??

Do you think it''s fair that these young (most are) are out in Afghanistan on peanuts, yet that little chimp who''s good with his feet (that''s all, got the mental age of a 5year old) is getting 300k a week?

I don''t blame him though who wouldn''t take it!! It''s the British government I blame! Headley Court funded\built by help the heroes with F.A from the government. Bit of a rant I know

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]Of course it is! If we continue to pay totally over inflated wages to players where do you think the money for this is going to come from! Increased prices across the board from merchandising to tickets to your half time cup of bovril!, and seeing as TV is the major source of revenue for the Prem when contracts for the rights are renegotiated the clubs will demand more money! This will then be recouped thru increased subscriptions![/quote]that is absolute nonsenseprices can only be raised to what the market will bear, otherwise why have the TV companies and clubs not simply raised prices before ?as long as the not too bright are happy to cough up for stuff that can be had for free then there will be these levels of spentsupply and demandthat''s all

[quote user="Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán "]I can tell you, from first hand, that the rehabilitation that the military offers after injury is world class.

Ok I should word it better, Headley Court is the only one where injured personnel can be rehabilitated where there families can be present and help make the transition into civvy street. 1 centre in the whole of the UK which is f*cking abysmal don''t you think? I''d love to here about all the other rehabilitation centre''s you know of Morty??

Do you think it''s fair that these young (most are) are out in Afghanistan on peanuts, yet that little chimp who''s good with his feet (that''s all, got the mental age of a 5year old) is getting 300k a week?

I don''t blame him though who wouldn''t take it!! It''s the British government I blame! Headley Court funded\built by help the heroes with F.A from the government. Bit of a rant I know[/quote]Well googled.There are loads of other regional rehab centres, I had treatment both at Headley court and a regional centre at Honnington.Headley court has better rehab facilities than most football clubs, I really don''t get the point you are trying to make.Course it isn''t fair, but thats life, and as previously said, the comparison is stupid.Bollocks was Headley court funded by help for heroes, they have put money into it, but it was already excellent beforehand. Headley court was originally opened to treat pilots in the 2nd world war, it existed for a long time before the Afghanistan conflict.

"Do you think it''s fair that these young (most are) are out in

Afghanistan on peanuts, yet that little chimp who''s good with his feet

(that''s all, got the mental age of a 5year old) is getting 300k a week?"perhaps you could tell us who made them join up, or who didn''t tell them what they would be paid whilst out of the country and maybe what is stopping them fro becoming a professional footballer ?

People arent paid by the social value of their work they are paid by its market value.Personally I dont see what is special about soldiers, I would substitute Fireman or Nurses for the argument, but what I do know is that we have chosen our economic system as a society. We want our cake and to eat it, we want the efficiencys of the free market and the social justice of another economic system. The two arent compatible.

Just to add another example, I earn more than a junior doctor, working offshore.Like already said, all about market forces, and the going rate.

Manchester United Plc are a public limited company owned by shareholders. Unless you are a shareholder in the business the amount that they choose to pay Rooney is none of your business.I actually think it is quite funny that they are gambling so much money on a 5 and a half year deal for a 28 year old who is prone to tantrums when they need to invest heavily in their squad and after they made a quarterly loss. Their decline is amusing. What the general public do have a right to be concerned about though is the controversial tax avoidance techniques that Rooney has been involved in (such as the Cobalt Data Centre) which see him and other big stars pay as little as 22% income tax - a lower rate than many normal folk, especially when considering national insurance. Add to that the 2% that he will pay on his image rights agreement after funelling the revenue through his limited companies. He will end up paying less than most people on this forum as a proportion of income.Every tax payer on this forum has the right to be outraged about that. We allow players like Rooney to avoid paying tax while we hammer the poor, and the sick, and the old, and make hundreds of thousands of public servants redundant.As for the military personnel signing up to go and risk their lives and commit murder to protect the interests of big oil companies... they are stupid for signing up and we don''t do conscription in the UK anymore, they aren''t forced. They go into combat willing to put a bullet through another mans head so shouldn''t complain in one goes through their leg, especially if they are invading somebody elses country in an illegal war.

Not in the slightest.I just think you are deliberately being controversial to seek some attention.Bit sad really.

[quote user="morty"]Not in the slightest.I just think you are deliberately being controversial to seek some attention.Bit sad really.[/quote]Cause Le juge is a douche.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="morty"]Not in the slightest.I just think you are deliberately being controversial to seek some attention.Bit sad really.[/quote]Cause Le juge is a douche.[/quote][Y]

First off, being in the military is a great way to see the world beyond tourist traps, and get paid for it. Most former soldiers are glad they served for both the experience and friends made. Many also gain skills they use in the marketplace to land good jobs.

Secondly, and more humorously, what oil companies are the military protecting in Afghanistan? I''m not familiar with any clamoring to get in there and drill.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="slartyblartfast"]Of course it is! If we continue to pay totally over inflated wages to players where do you think the money for this is going to come from! Increased prices across the board from merchandising to tickets to your half time cup of bovril!, and seeing as TV is the major source of revenue for the Prem when contracts for the rights are renegotiated the clubs will demand more money! This will then be recouped thru increased subscriptions![/quote]

that is absolute nonsense

prices can only be raised to what the market will bear, otherwise why have the TV companies and clubs not simply raised prices before ?

as long as the not too bright are happy to cough up for stuff that can be had for free then there will be these levels of spent

supply and demand

that''s all

[/quote]

I agree with City1st - slartibartfast is confusing cause and effect.  The TV deal means Man U have loads of money hence they are paying silly money to Rooney to stop him leaving. There''s no way this will force Sky to pay more for TV rights... that''s all down to the Prem teams charging as much as they can negotiate.  Personally I think Rooney''s past his best so I doubt this is a wise move - if SAF were still there I''m pretty sure he''d have gone by now.  But there you go.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="morty"]Not in the slightest.I just think you are deliberately being controversial to seek some attention.Bit sad really.[/quote]Cause Le juge is a douche.[/quote][Y][/quote]Now waiting for a 5 paragraph response.

With a name like Che''s right hand man I''d have thought your opinion on British and American imperialism would have been similar to mine Che, especially considering the PM you once sent me.And no Morty, it was my genuine opinion. What is your take on the reasons for the wars and if Russian forces invaded our country tomorrow would we be entitled to fight back? Why shouldn''t an Afghan shoot dead a British occupier?And Houston..... your post was the dumbest of them all. Your country has undertaken a full geological survey of Afghanistan, before the war in Afghanistan there was proposals for an Afghanistan Oil Pipeline. There are already numerous British listed companies with gas interests in Afghanistan and American companies with gas and oil contracts and rights, most developed post-invasion.

[quote user="Le Juge"]With a name like Che''s right hand man I''d have thought your opinion on British and American imperialism would have been similar to mine Che, especially considering the PM you once sent me.And no Morty, it was my genuine opinion. What is your take on the reasons for the wars and if Russian forces invaded our country tomorrow would we be entitled to fight back? Why shouldn''t an Afghan shoot dead a British occupier?And Houston..... your post was the dumbest of them all. Your country has undertaken a full geological survey of Afghanistan, before the war in Afghanistan there was proposals for an Afghanistan Oil Pipeline. There are already numerous British listed companies with gas interests in Afghanistan and American companies with gas and oil contracts and rights, most developed post-invasion.

[/quote]It isn''t imperialism its modern capitalism.

So we went to war for a pipeline? And some minor reserves when there are much larger and more easily accessible ones in much friendlier and geographically desirable places? Really? REALLY!?!?!

You''re like a South Park hippie- one semester of college and you''re brainwashed by know-nothing whiners. Where''s Cartman when I need him?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So we went to war for a pipeline? And some minor reserves when there are much larger and more easily accessible ones in much friendlier and geographically desirable places? Really? REALLY!?!?!

You''re like a South Park hippie- one semester of college and you''re brainwashed by know-nothing whiners. Where''s Cartman when I need him?[/quote]Didn''t Kuwait pay American in the first gulf war?

Morty...''.What about F1 drivers and golfers?''..F1 drivers risk their lives in a race ....so i''m ok with them being well payed(i''m no fan of it , best way to get a kip, F1 or Rugby on''t telly) and Golf???? WTF is that all about?? prob for people that cant play a sport.

[quote user="morty"]What it genuinely boils down to is jealousy, Im afraid.

What about F1 drivers and golfers?[/quote]I just don''t understand what he''s going to do with that amount of money. Seems to go beyond greed for the sheer sake of greed.

[quote user="Fergodsake"]Personally I dont see what is special about soldiers, I would substitute Fireman or Nurses for the argument, but what I do know is that we have chosen our economic system as a society. [/quote]

We did? When was that vote then? If I recall it''s just evolution from feudalism. I don''t remember there ever being a vote on the economic system, ever.

"If voting ever changed anything, they''d make it illegal"

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="morty"]What it genuinely boils down to is jealousy, Im afraid.

What about F1 drivers and golfers?[/quote]I just don''t understand what he''s going to do with that amount of money. Seems to go beyond greed for the sheer sake of greed.[/quote]
We could say that about bucket loads of film and TV stars... but we all lap up film and tv without a thought.  We go about our daily grind and they count their cash and get bloody awards for it too.
It''s just how it is.

More fool Man U, one of the most overrated English players ever. A top level player who has been made out to be world class by the media and English fans desire to have someone to carry the national teams hopes.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So we went to war for a pipeline? And some minor reserves when there are much larger and more easily accessible ones in much friendlier and geographically desirable places? Really? REALLY!?!?!

You''re like a South Park hippie- one semester of college and you''re brainwashed by know-nothing whiners. Where''s Cartman when I need him?[/quote]Cartman knows of another export from Afghanistan that must not be mentioned but which generates mind boggling sums of cash. More than 90% of the entire Worlds annual supply of this thing originates in Afghanistan, they don''t want no pesky pipeline cutting across historic trade routes interfering with their business thank you. Seize control of Afghanistan you have control of a very small percentage of the Worlds oil supply if the pipeline went ahead but you also gain control of 92% of the Worlds opium supply and that is a majority holding by anyones standards.

Sorry meant to add:And the only good thing I can see about this Rooney contract is that it signals that Man Utd are on the wane (nice pun eh?) and are having to resort to offering silly money and enormous fees to attract players, sometimes even their own. A few years like 2013-14 with a few players on this sort of money might see Man Utd out the picture for quite a while.