Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Any truth in the latest rumour?

Re hughton getting sacked.

I''ve heard today that if we''re in the bottom 3 and sack hughton, we don''t have to pay him any compensation but if we''re out of the bottom 3 and sack him it''ll cost us 4 mil.

Probably a load of rubbish but could go some way to explaining why we''ve yet to act.

Well maybe we will find out next weekend as it cant happen today. I think if we get stuffed today (which i dont think we will) or are in bottom 2 after villa game he will go.

I heard the other day that paying off Houghton is based on how many points we score, and that forty is the benchmark so for every point under forty we save ten percent of the pay-off figure, unless that''s a Tuesday or the meeting happens in the Boardroom.  In them scenarios, you have to use the Enigma machine we haven''t had cause to use since Peter Grant gave team talks.

Someone was talking about it on the coach to the game today.

As I said it''s probably a load of rubbish.

Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything similar.

I heard that McNally had contacted a bloke from Lowestoft who''s opinion is highly valued.[:D]

[quote user="super dave"]Someone was talking about it on the coach to the game today.

As I said it''s probably a load of rubbish.

Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything similar.[/quote]Have to say this is the first I have heard of this one.Who knows though, its not beyond the realms of possibility.

That would explain the lack of signings in January.

Keep a manager who has been hugely disappointing this season but when we drop to the bottom 3 after the available manager pool has dried up and it''s too late to save us from relegation, THEN fire him and not have to pay a bonus.

The parachute payments will somehow make it all good business compared to the £70 million in tv money and millions more in retail that comes from being in the most high profile league in the world.

Ya, that sounds like s rumor based on sobriety.