Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Only 11 home goals conceded all season, discuss!

Considering that we have one of the best home defences in the whole league, conceding a goal only every 0.86 games and that we stopped the free scoring Manchester City from scoring, will Spurs breach our defence at FCR?

The likes of Manchester United, Spurs & Southampton have all conceded more home goals than us.

And to think, some people think we will get thrashed despite our excellent home defence and our improved performances of late![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Binner.[/quote]

I''ve been watching City since the 1950''s I''ll have you know Sonny.  I remember standing on the terraces of the Main Stand at the Riverside end of the ground, to the North side, which was fully covered in those days.  When Wyn Davies was a feared striker for us.  I once caught the ball from one of his freekick''s which had just skimmed the bar and ended up spilling my pint of Wherry all over my replica shirt in the process.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]And to think, some people think we will get thrashed despite our excellent home defence and our improved performances of late![;)] [/quote]

Careful, your beginning to sound like me......Its going to take another huge effort to get anything at all against Spurs, but the evidence is there that they can do it and with a little luck in front of goal we could snatch it.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I''ve been watching City since the 1950''s I''ll have you know Sonny.  I remember standing on the terraces of the Main Stand at the Riverside end of the ground, to the North side, which was fully covered in those days.  When Wyn Davies was a feared striker for us.  I once caught the ball from one of his freekick''s which had just skimmed the bar and ended up spilling my pint of Wherry all over my replica shirt in the process.[/quote] [:D] [Y]

Only 11 goals scored at home in the league all season, discuss...

its great that we have such a tight defence at home, but by using the same stats we are averaging 0.86 goals per game at home. Not being negative, just realistic. Its not good enough, and that''s why we are where we are in the league

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 2014-02-17 9:46 PM:

lappinitup wrote:

Binner.

I''ve been watching City since the 1950''s I''ll have you know Sonny. I remember standing on the terraces of the Main Stand at the Riverside end of the ground, to the North side, which was fully covered in those days. When Wyn Davies was a feared striker for us. I once caught the ball from one of his freekick''s which had just skimmed the bar and ended up spilling my pint of Wherry all over my replica shirt in the process.

Classic. Wyn Davies did not EVER play for NCFC he played for Newcadtle I think you will find. Ron DAVIES did.

And you had a replica shirt in those days?

Sure you are a city supporter?

Yeah, right, o.k.!

...it was RON Davies...not WYN Davies :-)

But in respect of your subject regarding the goals conceded at home, it is definately a major cause for some hope and reason to be positive.

Now, Spurs are back on form, unlike a few months ago when they became a soft touch after a great start to the season when we played the away, so we will have to be tight and disciplined. But I just feel that bad luck that has also been following us around this season just has to change as does some of the finishing, so on the back of that home defence and with Hooper and perhaps RVW finding the net at last I feel 3 valuable points coming onm I really do....we have been so close in recent weeks. 

[quote user="City 2nd"]norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 2014-02-17 9:46 PM:

lappinitup wrote:

Binner.

I''ve been watching City since the 1950''s I''ll have you know Sonny. I remember standing on the terraces of the Main Stand at the Riverside end of the ground, to the North side, which was fully covered in those days. When Wyn Davies was a feared striker for us. I once caught the ball from one of his freekick''s which had just skimmed the bar and ended up spilling my pint of Wherry all over my replica shirt in the process.

Classic. Wyn Davies did not EVER play for NCFC he played for Newcadtle I think you will find. Ron DAVIES did.

And you had a replica shirt in those days?

Sure you are a city supporter?

Yeah, right, o.k.![/quote]
WHOOSH!

We are playing so well at the moment, we improve with every game and get better and better. You will see that i am right and that Mr Hughton will lead us to victory.

What can we do to help LDC, i hear you ask?

Well, this is it, you must sing, chant, shout and scream for your team. Let the boys know you are there and that you are backing them all the way. The atmosphere at CR has been so poor this season, but I will be there for this game and I want you all to show me how loud you can sing!

If you do well then rest assured, I will be there for another game, dispite the weather.

[quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]We are playing so well at the moment, we improve with every game and get better and better. You will see that i am right and that Mr Hughton will lead us to victory.

What can we do to help LDC, i hear you ask?

Well, this is it, you must sing, chant, shout and scream for your team. Let the boys know you are there and that you are backing them all the way. The atmosphere at CR has been so poor this season, but I will be there for this game and I want you all to show me how loud you can sing!

If you do well then rest assured, I will be there for another game, dispite the weather.[/quote]

Still only 3/10. Keep trying though, Licky.

Mr Hughtons pre match comments are respectfull and polite, what is wrong in seeing the good side of the teams we play rather than the bad. Its important that our players know every strength of the opposition and that we concentrate our efforts on nullifying that!

[quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]Mr Hughtons pre match comments are respectfull and polite, what is wrong in seeing the good side of the teams we play rather than the bad. Its important that our players know every strength of the opposition and that we concentrate our efforts on nullifying that![/quote]Errr....4........no still 3/10 for effort.  We will go for a win, as we did against Man City and so nearly succeeded.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]Mr Hughtons pre match comments are respectfull and polite, what is wrong in seeing the good side of the teams we play rather than the bad. Its important that our players know every strength of the opposition and that we concentrate our efforts on nullifying that![/quote]Errr....4........no still 3/10 for effort. 

[/quote]Think you''re being a little stingy overall.I''ll give you the 3 here but think the first effort was better.Oi''ll give it foive... ( for those that remember Juke Box jury )

"What can we do to help LDC, i hear you ask?

If you do well then rest assured, I will be there for another game, dispite the weather.

Priceless 3 out of 10, no chance he''s better at you than you are!! Your standards have slipped LDPPPCC.

IF we had converted 10% of the chances we''ve had this season at home we would be at least 6-9points better off, then there''s games like Hull 10man, Cardiff , and fulham. Realistically should be 10-12 points better off which would of been incredible! But we''re not taking chances, he cripples our momentum in games or doesn''t grab it by the neck and put it to bed or BOTH.

As such we are where we are. Will the players dig deep? Will clueless give up and think it''s beyond me or I''m sacked at the end of the season so stuff them? We should NOT of been in this position, proper management would of had us a lot better off!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Considering that we have one of the best home defences in the whole league, conceding a goal only every 0.86 games and that we stopped the free scoring Manchester City from scoring, will Spurs breach our defence at FCR?

The likes of Manchester United, Spurs & Southampton have all conceded more home goals than us.

And to think, some people think we will get thrashed despite our excellent home defence and our improved performances of late![;)]

[/quote]

[;)]