Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

"In the net"

The cry we used to hear from the crowd in the early seventies (and before). Time to revive a chant to help the ball into the net? "In the net, in the net, in the net, in the net!!"A bit manic, but it used to be chanted at corners and free kicks............

What an excellent post LDC. Who is this directed at by the way, just so we know? Will you be starting the chant and encouraging all around you to join in, you know they will, you will soon have the ground rocking. I love your early morning rallying calls to the great unwashed, now we all know what to do life feels so much better.

[quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]What an excellent post LDC. Who is this directed at by the way, just so we know? Will you be starting the chant and encouraging all around you to join in, you know they will, you will soon have the ground rocking. I love your early morning rallying calls to the great unwashed, now we all know what to do life feels so much better.[/quote]

Licky, not sure if you are being sarcastic to LDC here, but what is the difference with his post trying to give a rallying cry for todays game, when you have a post "Lift Your Voices High",

i used to like the barclay and the river end goading each other to sing upi assume it doesdnt happen anymore because the n&p is full of grumpy fucks now ?

BGG&YPOS wrote the following post at 23/02/2014 8:57 AM:

LickyDickyCanary wrote:

What an excellent post LDC. Who is this directed at by the way, just so we know? Will you be starting the chant and encouraging all around you to join in, you know they will, you will soon have the ground rocking. I love your early morning rallying calls to the great unwashed, now we all know what to do life feels so much better.

Licky, not sure if you are being sarcastic to LDC here, but what is the difference with his post trying to give a rallying cry for todays game, when you have a post "Lift Your Voices High",

Lol

[8]Browser On Logging InClick the First Row imageFingers CrossedAnd Pop-Ups BlockedBravo! Up yours, Sky!On the web CityThanks, dear random StrangerSteady on, now''s our chanceSh*t, they''ve turned it off[8]