Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Soldado and RvW

That strikes me as a sign of the times when that looks likely to be thirty million quid''s worth of strikers sitting on the bench on Sunday. I know that Ricky hasn''t exactly set the world alight yet, but reckon he looks like a bargain compared to Soldado. Quite similar types of player, I reckon. Maybe not geared for thorough and tumble of British football.

Adebayor though, he can play a bit. Hopefully Yobbo kicks him up in the air early on.

I can see what you''re saying but Soldado has scored 10 times as many goals as Ricky this season! Albeit half have been in cups.

Andreas was signed by cardiff for £9m and hasn''t scored any goals, he''s so rubbish that i think he was either sold or loan somewhere...so its not just us. Foreign strikers mainly either hit the ground running and then fade away (macheda, papiss cisse), or take a while to get going

Yobo and Bassong v Adebayor will be battle of three high profile players who play for rival African nations! Could be a few fireworks I reckon. Hopefully Adebayor will lose his rag!!!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Andreas was signed by cardiff for £9m and hasn''t scored any goals, he''s so rubbish that i think he was either sold or loan somewhere...so its not just us. Foreign strikers mainly either hit the ground running and then fade away (macheda, papiss cisse), or take a while to get going[/quote]That one was an utter howler. Signed for £7.5 million. Sold back to Copenhagen in January, with the CEO claiming they lost £8.5 million on the deal. See links below.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25944081http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/13/andreas-cornelius-cost-transfer-cardiff-malky-mackay

RVP put in a shift today and was instrumental in the goal. Cannot put in him Coney category whose only goal was off his bum at least Ricky has scored a proper goal.