Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

What Did McNally's Face Palm Really Mean?

I would have to say that level of emotion in front of the crowd was not simply relief at winning the game. We all felt joy and relief but I wasn''t close to that level and, I suspect, most Norwich fans were not either. If appearances are telling it seemed to me there was something more present for McNally. Could it be:

His own job was on the line? Not likely.

Had a decision been made to relieve Hughton of his job if a defeat was suffered today? Possibly.

Had a decision already been taken to relieve Hughton of his job regardless of today''s result and, now, at the end of the game McNally could foresee the critical headlines in the press? Possibly.

Is McNally not the tough SOB that he has regularly been portrayed to be and is, in fact, just a softie at heart. Probably.

Anyway, a great win today and the really wonderful thing was to see the camaraderie of the players which is still very much evident.

No really can''t agree with any of those suggestions, should rather far fetched, He was just very emotional following an incredible result that is incredibly important in helping to keep us up, he said he''d prefer death over relegation and today I believe him.

Oh and it was just said on the radio that he has a family bereavement, so that explains the situation.
Thoughts with McNally and the family.

I think it simply reflected the immense pressure he must be under, particular after all of the hard work he and the board/management have put in to get our club to where it is today........something many on here just dont take into consideration when they slag him off big time.

[quote user="First Wizard"]It was a strange reaction......no idea as to why though.[/quote]
See above, family bereavement. 

[quote user="Ginja"]Oh and it was just said on the radio that he has a family bereavement, so that explains the situation.

Thoughts with McNally and the family.

[/quote]

Yes, it may well do. There had to be something more present than just relief that we had won the game. 

You read too much into McNally''s statement that CH successor lined up. Hughton''s future until end of season never in doubt. McNally savvy enough to know to change manager in last 12 games not an option even if we could find a Magath.

Statement was for the Hughton doubters to state there was an alternative lined up. Happy to state Chris should have been replaced by Xmas latest if not we have to live with it.

Good result today CH must take some of the praise.

If you''re referring to me, Pete, I don''t think I read too much into anything which is why everything I asked had a question associated with it. Whereas, as you, on the other hand, apparently don''t read enough because, if you did, you would have realized the reason for thread was to question what triggered the level of McNally''s emotional reaction. Ginja may have provided the answer for that. 

Interesting that you think it''s more likely that he was crying because he could no longer sack hughton than it was because after a few tough weeks the team has pulled off a win it thoroughly deserved. But each to their own.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Interesting that you think it''s more likely that he was crying because he could no longer sack hughton than it was because after a few tough weeks the team has pulled off a win it thoroughly deserved. But each to their own.[/quote]

Where was that stated? Good Lord! Just because you''re from Norfolk doesn''t mean you can''t learn to read and understand you know.

URL=http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/banddtrading/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-02-23-17-54-36.png.html][IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/banddtrading/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-02-23-17-54-36.png[/IMG][/URL]

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62 31s

Really don''t mind people saying what they want about me.Don''t worry,I do love NCFC but I have lost my Dad and that hurts RIP Michael McNally