Sign in to follow this  
TheBoy7

Credit where credit is due

I tell you what. I''m the first to admit that I was so quick to criticize hughton when he and his team were doing so bad. Not going to shy away from that.

But fair play. The tactics were spot on. Tettey and Johnson were a rock. And as nervous as I was, the boys came through despite heavy pressure.

RvW hassled superbly and that led to the first goal. He has class and I fully believe in him. The finish from Snodgrass was sublime and he deserves all the credit after a a few weeks of substandard performances.

Spurs may have had more possession however that means nothing after a great 3 points. They looked blunt up front and quite frankly very defendable. They created nothing to raises the heart rate.

After watching the post match interviews, plus the pre-match interview with Bassong, I now accept that that the players are still 100% behind the manager. Fair play.

In conclusion, I''ve been very critical of the manager, the players, but fair play to them, they''ve proved me wrong.

One last word for Wessi, he came on and worked. That''s all we asked for. Fair enough you wanted to leave - can''t argue with that, but to show the commitment and desire to win the ball is all we ask for.

We deserved winning that game. Bring on the villa. OTBC.

For me, Hughton has got it spot on for the last two home games, and for that I will give him credit. He''s still got a long way to go before he wins me around though, but it is a start. We''re still in a relegation fight, lets not forget that. Beat Villa next week and I will be slightly more relaxed.Moo

I agree. Got a long way to get me on his side, but I''m not scared afraid to admit when I''m wrong.

He played the right team at the right time. We''ll done Hughton (and I admit that''s hard to say)

We are still in a relegation dogfight but today''s win is massive.

Look at the bottom three:

Sunderland played 26 - 24 points.

Cardiff played 27 - 22 points.

Fulham played 27 - 21 points.

Norwich played 27 - 28 points.

I don''t wan''t to tempt fate but Fulham and Cardiff are really up against it now. 11 games left and both requiring 5 wins just to give them a chance of survival. I think they have left it late to stage that sort of come back.

The win, in my eyes, has cut those three threatening relegation places down to one. That is quite huge, and not just that, we have now drawn Swansea and Villa back into the equasion.

[quote user="morty"]Fickle.[/quote]

We''ll done Mr Holmes for pointing out the obvious.

I''m happy to admit I wanted Hughton out but after today, we simply have to get behind him. If anyone after today has anything against Hughton and his tactics, then your are a fool. And trust me, I was 100% behind Hughtons sacking. He has proved, without question, his players are behind him. And as long as they are, I am.

Come the end of the season I accept we have to reflect on who is in charge of our club, but for now, I am undeniably switched, and I will back Hughton. OTBC.

I don''t think he''s the right man for the job and won''t change my mind in that until I see a consistent level if performance and results but fair play today we were on the money and the general level if performance over the last 4 games has been good.

The big teams at home is Hughton''s forte. He knows how to set us up to play them and get some results. Where he needs to improve/grow if he is to turn things around is to develop his mindset and " game management" (as Mcnally called it) against those sorts of teams away and against the lesser teams away so that we start regularly picking up points against them and cut out the costly defeats to the likes of Cardiff and West Ham.