Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Siege metality! FCR !

Herman, do you honestly think we will stay up ? I am not defeated - yet and I am praying for few points from somewhere but this is the first season where I want the ''scousers ,mancs and chelski'' to win. Previous seasons I loved it when smaller clubs won as I always felt our '' destiny'' was in our own hands but not this season.

I''m not sure if we''ll stay up or not,it''s far too close to call.

But one things for certain,we''ve had to rely on teams around messing up, to be safe, ever since we''ve been in this division.

This season has been the worst out of the three for sure, but we were very close to getting sucked into the mire in the previous two as well.

I think the problem is on paper that our run in is the worst - only good thing is if this season has taught us anything it''s that results are all over the place so we might sneak 3 or 4 points in the last 4 games. Unlikely i know but possible.

I don''t get the pant wetting and defeatist attitudes on here. Yes we''re not in a good position in the league, but its all to play for and its so tight atm. We''re playing well, the only worry at the moment is we are having a lot of chances but not finishing them.

And you''ll be manning the barricades LDC? Stiffening the resolve of the damp eyed pansies and their quivering upper lips. Or will you be tucked up with a hobnob a very long way from Carrow Road?

[quote user="im spartacus"]we should take a leaf out of the palace fans book, must be the most hostile ground in the prem especially when the big clubs are in town [/quote]Ha, you love Crystal Pulis!

i like there togetherness on and off the pitch, how they try and make it as uncomfortable as possible for the oppostion on and off the pitch, we think we are a level above that now and frankly we are not ... and i think we should have a drum as well [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"]i like there togetherness on and off the pitch, how they try and make it as uncomfortable as possible for the oppostion on and off the pitch, we think we are a level above that now and frankly we are not ... and i think we should have a drum as well [:D][/quote]And cheerleaders.

Agree 100% with this, certainly Palace appear to have the right attitude, and Stoke City also.....so why not, particularly as when Carrow Road is rocking and up for it, despite its relatively small size it can be intimidating, just not often enough. But, what must not happen, is that at the first sign of trouble it all goes to jelly......being strong is key, go an early goal down and it ramps up, not the other way round..........OTBC!!!!

The answer to this is that our average age in the crowd is too old.I''m not knocking folks for this, but its like God''s waiting room at Carrow road on matchdays.

Morty, don''t get your agist point.

When we played Fulham in the cup , the place was full of young fans as many regulars stayed away.

I was there but surrounded by teenagers and younger fans who made no noise at all, in fact it was the quietest atmosphere I can remember.

Next game the regulars (of all ages) were back and the noise returned.

Sorry Morty ...but I think you are out of order to suggest that the older supporters don''y contribute to the atmosphere !! Not many "youngsters" around where I sit ,,, and it has plenty of atmosphere ...so long as we have something to make a noise about !!

The youngsters not attending ?? Maybe its because too many of them are plastic trophy hunters ...unlike the older fan who has followed their LOCAL club since childhood ?

Just a thought .

[quote user="CANARYKING"]When you started supporting our team when you were 6 and you are now 66 that''s what happens.[/quote]

That''s an interesting thought that isn''t really backed up by reality. I have a season ticket, my kids have a season ticket and my grandkids have a season ticket. Let''s hope we all do the tom mix to clickety click with future generatiuons joining as we go..

"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"

Sorry Morty ...but I think you are out of order to suggest that the older supporters don''y contribute to the atmosphere !! Not many "youngsters" around where I sit ,,, and it has plenty of atmosphere ...so long as we have something to make a noise about !!

The youngsters not attending ?? Maybe its because too many of them are plastic trophy hunters ...unlike the older fan who has followed their LOCAL club since childhood ?

Just a thought .

Not all older fans follow their LOCAL club and a lot of youngsters have been priced out of going, rather than being glory hunters.

W

The noisiest grounds are, and always will be the ones that are mainly populated with young working class males who like a few beers. Unfortunately carrow road, as far back as i can remember has mainly been populated with pensioners, parents and their kids, couples etc. Not to mention the fact a lot of Norfolk folk are a little odd and reserved in nature. You could say the atmosphere at carrow road was ahead of the times when it comes to the sanitisation of the modern match day experience.

1. There was plenty of noise today.

2. What evidence is there that the average age is higher than elsewhere?

3. Some Norfolk people are odd? Surely that''s true everywhere.

[quote user="dreamteam"]1. There was plenty of noise today.

3. Some Norfolk people are odd? Surely that''s true everywhere.[/quote]Look around you when you go to a game.

If you are talking about age , look around at all grounds these days. The average age has gone up nationwide. No evidence that NCFC are older than elsewhere.

If you are talking about oddness, look around anywhere and everywhere , every Town and City full of all sorts.

All reports tonight are mentioning the great crowd atmosphere today, maybe you missed that.

Great support all around the ground today, fantastic result, why do posters feel the need to try and divide the fans, the City Stand was good!

[quote user="dreamteam"]If you are talking about age , look around at all grounds these days. The average age has gone up nationwide. No evidence that NCFC are older than elsewhere.

If you are talking about oddness, look around anywhere and everywhere , every Town and City full of all sorts.

All reports tonight are mentioning the great crowd atmosphere today, maybe you missed that.[/quote]I don''t go to home areas in other grounds.No, I didn''t miss it, but my point still stands, the average age of our crowd is high, and when I look over at the city stand I wonder if some of them are still moving.

We are no different to other clubs, its the same all over.

Try another stand.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2013%2Fnov%2F16%2Fpremier-league-fans-atmosphere-concern&ei=lWAKU7TcNKaR7AbGy4HADg&usg=AFQjCNEtz2O7jyZK6vOfXdsVr6aaMu9Q3w

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dreamteam"]1. There was plenty of noise today.

3. Some Norfolk people are odd? Surely that''s true everywhere.[/quote]Look around you when you go to a game.[/quote]I do and everybody else looks older every year.Then I got home and looked in the mirror.[:(]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dreamteam"]1. There was plenty of noise today.

3. Some Norfolk people are odd? Surely that''s true everywhere.[/quote]Look around you when you go to a game.[/quote]I do and everybody else looks older every year.Then I got home and looked in the mirror.[:(][/quote]Its not a criticism, merely an observation.I remember a seat I used to use in the old South stand was next to two old ladies, lovely they were, knitted the entire game, barely even aware of any football whatsoever!