Sign in to follow this  
Julian

I'll give Hughton credit for that one

Picked the right team for the game. RVW up front. Positive substitutions. First time for ages there seemed no air of caution. It''s only one game but let''s hope this continues and take stock later.

The best thing was that we did not sit back even after taking the lead, but tried to stop them further up the park. It worked extremely well: entirely confused Spurs and took an awful lot of pressure off the back four. More of the same, please.

I''m sure few people will read this post because none of the outers will be on here so quickly after a win, but today is why some of us have backed the manager. The passion from the players, manager and CEO was outstanding. Every play is giving his heart and soul for the manager.

What a fantastic day.

The players revolted and look what happened.

But seriously, the last 4 games have been much more entertaining and we don''t show up with bat in hand just glad to be there. If we can convert a few more golden chances that would be even better.

Fair play to Chris he got it spot on. Definitely has the players on his side, which is so important for the run in.

Well done everyone today.

I have been wavering a tadge since the West Ham game, but was convinced we would win today. A huge three points and credit where credit is due regardless of whether an "inner" or an "outer" surely?  

"Houston Canary"

The players revolted and look what happened.

But seriously, the last 4 games have been much more entertaining and we don''t show up with bat in hand just glad to be there. If we can convert a few more golden chances that would be even better.

Haha, like it HC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so Hughton has got credit for Man City and Spurs.. say.. maybe he ISN''T Clueless after all...[/quote]
Jas I think if he got it right more often than wrong, people wouldn''t call him clueless. It''s because its usually the other way round. Think about it.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]people wouldn''t call him clueless. It''s because its usually the other way round...[/quote]Dead right. It''s those people who are clueless.

I was really disappointed after the last game but fair play to the manager and team.

If they play like this for the rest of the season i''d be a happy bunny that''s for sure.

Excellent performance all round today, could not have asked for more. Lets use this result to build some momentum going into the next few games!

OTBC

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]so Hughton has got credit for Man City and Spurs.. say.. maybe he ISN''T Clueless after all...[/quote]
Jas I think if he got it right more often than wrong, people wouldn''t call him clueless. It''s because its usually the other way round. Think about it.
[/quote]

if he was clueless he would never be right!!!

I thought it was an all round great performance and that he got it absolutely spot on today. I will be a believer when we put some good performances together. These results have usually been followed by a run of losses to poor opposition. For today he has won me over though that just maybe he could turn this around.

The whole team played out of their skins, and when someone did make a mistake, others were up to the task of getting them out of their mess. Ruddy was sensational apart from his kicking, and Snoddy looked back to his real best. RvW still a disappointment to me, he looks like his boots are too small for him when he runs! Needs to bulk up a bit over the summer, or we need to stop asking him to play a physical game and put the ball on the floor for him. Hooper looked a lot more effective when he came on.

Well done Hoots and the boys, thoroughly deserved, seems like he''s learnt from his errors of sitting back too much at the end of games (see West Ham) and going for it too much against top teams (see Arsenal/Chelsea). Last season''s turning point was when we won against a top four team, lets hope this isn''t another false dawn like the last seven wins have been!

Very good point. Where are the loud mouth bully boys who have been trying to hound a decent bloke and a good manager out of his job. My guess is they are on the Ipswich website renewing their season tickets or at church praying we loose to Villa next week so they can resume their idiotic campaign.

To be honest I think we''ve played as well as that in all the last four games - the system with Tettey back is working incredibly well.

The only difference today was that when we did make a silly mistake, Adebayor didn''t score, and when we got our chance, Snodgrass took it. Otherwise it was a similar performance level to the last 4 games.

If you keep doing the right things, you get the rewards.