Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Fickle Fans

Its amazing, a win and so many fans want Hughton to stay, its like the memory span of a gold fish…. lose a few more or 4-0 to villa and all the outers will be back. Its so fickle, we need to make judgement (well the board do) not on the results of a few games but on is Hughton the man who can take the club forward, this does not mean avoiding relegation but improving or at least equalling last years position, with what is after all a more expensive squad. I do not think he can or will do this and that is what I base my reasons on for replacing him. Maybe that should not be now but if we survive then the summer unless he exceeds his KPI that he must have been set.

I am not a fickle fan.he always pulls rabbit out of hat when needed.But I have got the balls to say I want him out.so I will not hide

It''s a shame we can''t all just support the team and pull in the same direction until the end of the season, so the board can make a no pressure, proper judgement then.

we do all support the team, even those wanting hughton out do as they believe that is the best for the team. But I tend to agree with you with 11 games remaining the decision should be made at the end of the season now

Are things really that straightforward in your world? are you basically saying that if we don''t get as many points as last season he should be sacked?

What about improvements in squad depth and performance levels - should they be factored in?

Hughton has proven several times that his teams are capable of giving at least as good as they get against the so-called big boys. If he can find the consistency required then I don''t see why he can''t take us onwards as a club. The guy is learning what it takes, and I don''t think anyone can argue that performances have improved hugely recently.

If he can find that winning formula so results come and with the performances then what''s the problem?

Point against man city, three against spurs, four clean sheets on the bounce at home and four clear of the drop.

Why the xxxx would anyone advocate sacking the manager?

Morons.

If he can find the formula then there is no problem I do not think he will or can. And yes its pretty straight forward we have spent loads of money and developed a squad only to do worse than we did perviously. In most jobs that are results driven if you do not beat the previous years target without very good reason you are out of a job

We have spent an average amount of money catching up with our peers.And you can''t judge this season compared to the last, until its finished.

[quote user="fredherring"]Point against man city, three against spurs, four clean sheets on the bounce at home and four clear of the drop.

Morons.[/quote]for every man city & spurs there is a west ham & Cardiff & more. We have constantly failed to build on good results, often taking 1step forward, 2 steps back. We have only conceded 11 goals at home all season, but have only scored 12.

as for sacking the manager, i think he should be replaced. BUT i think it will he suicidal to change manager now (even before todays game). I would change in the summer where we can get a manager in & don''t end up with a Di Canio style manager who keeps us up but actually sends us 10 steps backwards

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user="fredherring"]Point against man city, three against spurs, four clean sheets on the bounce at home and four clear of the drop.

Morons.[/quote]for every man city & spurs there is a west ham & Cardiff & more. We have constantly failed to build on good results, often taking 1step forward, 2 steps back. We have only conceded 11 goals at home all season, but have only scored 12.

as for sacking the manager, i think he should be replaced. BUT i think it will he suicidal to change manager now (even before todays game). I would change in the summer where we can get a manager in & don''t end up with a Di Canio style manager who keeps us up but actually sends us 10 steps backwards

[/quote]Thats the spirit, try not to be happy for us today, and focus on the negatives[Y]

Morons.[/quote]

Because of the resins I have given you simply quote stats which one can always quote back such as only 4 pouts of relegation with a very hard run in, only scored 20 goal tho season which is 3rd worst, only 2 behind Palace and 1 behind Cardiff. Despite clean sheets only 4 teams have let in more goals than us. We have the 3rd worse GD. Only won 2 of our last 12, if we do that again we will finish on about 34 points. Any one who thinks thats is ok…well I think fred herring you took the word out of my mouth

Agree Morty, why do people focus on transfer fees so much? The player/staff wages are where the real cash is spent, and I''m pretty sure we will be towards the bottom of the league in that respect too.

Besides which, is it not likely that players like Fer, RvW, Snodgrass, Hooper, Redmond etc. will continue to develop over the next few seasons? Why do people assume that just because they''re not the finished article right at this moment in time that the squad has gone backwards? We are clearly in the market for developing the squad long term..

[quote user="I.S."]Agree Morty, why do people focus on transfer fees so much? The player/staff wages are where the real cash is spent, and I''m pretty sure we will be towards the bottom of the league in that respect too.

Besides which, is it not likely that players like Fer, RvW, Snodgrass, Hooper, Redmond etc. will continue to develop over the next few seasons? Why do people assume that just because they''re not the finished article right at this moment in time that the squad has gone backwards? We are clearly in the market for developing the squad long term..[/quote]We didn''t spent enough money to buy the finished article. I struggle to wonder how people cannot see this.

[quote user="morty"]We have spent an average amount of money catching up with our peers.And you can''t judge this season compared to the last, until its finished.[/quote]

I agree hence why I say wait to the end of the season, I do not think it will show we have moved forward but it might and I will be happy if it does. This post was more about fans simply wanting him out after a few losses and in after a win. As is said any decision on Hughton future can not simply be based on a few results

[quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="morty"]We have spent an average amount of money catching up with our peers.And you can''t judge this season compared to the last, until its finished.[/quote]

I agree hence why I say wait to the end of the season, I do not think it will show we have moved forward but it might and I will be happy if it does. This post was more about fans simply wanting him out after a few losses and in after a win. As is said any decision on Hughton future can not simply be based on a few results[/quote]Its mainly because they are morons.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="morty"]We have spent an average amount of money catching up with our peers.And you can''t judge this season compared to the last, until its finished.[/quote]

I agree hence why I say wait to the end of the season, I do not think it will show we have moved forward but it might and I will be happy if it does. This post was more about fans simply wanting him out after a few losses and in after a win. As is said any decision on Hughton future can not simply be based on a few results[/quote]Its mainly because they are morons.[Y][/quote]

Thats the second thing that made me smile tonight, the first was our win

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[/quote]

But I''m afraid that''s the nature of the Premier League. It''s not just us is it? All the bottom half club''s results are like that. It would be nice to be where Southampton are but it''s a bit much to expect it. Most people think Lambert''s doing a decent job at Villa and yet Hughton''s out performed him at Norwich.

The way this team play for their manager make a short term change a ridiculous gamble. The whole thing will be monitored in the summer but the way we are improving I would expect Hughton to stay. But that''s something we don''t have to worry about right now.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="morty"][quote user="St.John Cooper"][quote user="morty"]We have spent an average amount of money catching up with our peers.And you can''t judge this season compared to the last, until its finished.[/quote]

I agree hence why I say wait to the end of the season, I do not think it will show we have moved forward but it might and I will be happy if it does. This post was more about fans simply wanting him out after a few losses and in after a win. As is said any decision on Hughton future can not simply be based on a few results[/quote]Its mainly because they are morons.[Y][/quote]

Thats the second thing that made me smile tonight, the first was our win[/quote]Enjoy your evening.I pity any Norwich City fan who can''t, I truly do.

We have got a great bunch of players who are giving 100% for this club and their manager! we can not ask for any more than that!

[quote user="Vanwink"]We have got a great bunch of players who are giving 100% for this club and their manager! we can not ask for any more than that![/quote]and when we lose they are a bunch of out of there depth donkeys who are only interested in getting there end away with some perma tan slapper at mercy and couldn''t care less if they were managed by mr bean as long as they get over payed each week [:D]