Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

goal line technology

how does it work ? i saw bradders appeal that his free kick crossed the line but as play was going on would someone have been having a look at it and then buzz the ref who would stop the game ? and then award the goal if it had ? it all happened so quickly.

According to the commentary, if the ball had crossed the line a signal would automatically be sent to the ref''s watch. Because he didn''t get the signal, no goal was awarded (rightly, according to the replay)

If you look at the barcly and n and p you will see lots of cameras. They analyse it in 0.6 seconds and send a signal to the refs watch saying goal or no goal

I think it buzzes to the fourth official who is in verbal radio contact with ref.

However it did not cross the line for me, sitting just to the left if that goal.

[quote user="tele"]According to the commentary, if the ball had crossed the line a signal would automatically be sent to the ref''s watch. Because he didn''t get the signal, no goal was awarded (rightly, according to the replay)[/quote]This is my understanding.That said, the players still don''t quite get it. I think it was Barry Bannan earlier in the season whinging at the ref to give a call, clearly forgetting that the technology is there.

I think a signal is sent to Desmond who then punches 6 digits into a computer and then it''s beamed to a Russian satellite and in turn transmits a signal that vibrates a dildo inserted into the ref''s rectum.  No goal = no stimulated sphincter. 
Or I could be mistaken of course. 

[quote user="gravycanaries"]If you look at the barcly and n and p you will see lots of cameras. They analyse it in 0.6 seconds and send a signal to the refs watch saying goal or no goal[/quote]Yeah and if you think back to the opposition to GLT what was the main argument against the introduction?? All the delays... Well 0.6S three or four times a year is tolerable I suppose.

The ref has a watch on and if it''s over the line the watch will say goal, it stays blank if it''s not a goal

This video should explain it all. Goal-line tech makes decisions like this black and white now, whereas before it was pot luck on what the line-o saw.It is all calculated and decided by the cameras through a computer system which is sent directly to all four official''s watches, which within less than a second gives the correct decision. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23616170Hope this helps :)