Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Spurs match

Mine would be -                       Ruddy      Martin Yobo Bassong OllsonRedmond   Fer Tettey Gutierrez Pilkington                       Hooper                Would be harsh on Johnson, but Gutierrez is better on the ball imo. Would really like RVW to start too - I''m sure he will come good - but we need to be sure of everyone that goes on the pitch from now on in.  RVW to come on and score the winner maybe.....

Thought Gutierrez was out til March?

Ruddy

Whittaker Yobo Bassong Olsson

Redmond Tettey Fer Pilkington

Hoolahan

Hooper

----------------Ruddy--------------

Martin---Yobo---Bassong--Olsson

-----------tettey---Johnspn----------

Redmond----Fer---------Pilkington

----------------Hooper-----------------

For me. 1-1 as well

[quote user="mrs miggins"]----------------Ruddy-------------- Martin---Yobo---Bassong--Olsson -----------tettey---Johnspn---------- Redmond----Fer---------Pilkington ----------------Hooper----------------- For me. 1-1 as well[/quote]

Agree with this line up and i would take 1-1 all day long, just can''t see Spurs slipping up the way they are playing! I think we will lose 3-1.

RuddyMartin       Yobo           Bassong  OllsonRedmond   Tettey        Gutierrez Pilkington                          Hoolahan                          HooperBring on RvW at half - time (but keep Hooper on unless he''s actually dead).In a fit of optimism I''m going to go for 2 - 1.

My guess is;

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olson

Johnson, Tettey,

Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond

RvW

HoughtonHuwton Hueton Hoghton HughtonHuton Hooton Hooghton Hoofton           Haughton Howghton

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-19 5:33 PM:

Mine would be -

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Ollson

Redmond Fer Tettey Gutierrez Pilkington

Hooper

Would be harsh on Johnson, but Gutierrez is better on the ball imo. Would really like RVW to start too - I''m sure he will come good - but we need to be sure of everyone that goes on the pitch from now on in. RVW to come on and score the winner maybe.....

Just show how much of a supporter you are - it has been well publicised that Guiterrez is out fir three months, and you don''t even know!

Get back under your stone!

Fantastic!! An outbreak of football chat in the middle of everything.

What''s that you say we''ve got a match this weekend? well i''d go for:                  RuddyMartin, Yobo, Bassong, OllssonRedmond, Tettey, Fer, Gutierrez                  Pilkington,             Hooper.With Gutierrez instructed to play a little deeper than might be usual, Martin told that Whittaker brought his boots this week and our most intelligent genuinely ambidextrous player brought in from wide to a more commandeering position at which I''ve believed for a while he would not only flourish but also pick up fewer hamstrings etc. Snodgrass who I rate and don''t think particularly slow to come on for Redmond or Gtz as necc, or possibly even Becchio for GTz if we''re losing on 60 mins.Mr Hughton if you are reading pick my suggestion this week please and stop doing what that nasty Kevin Nolan tells you, you''re not even at the same club these days so whatever he tells you is bad M''kay? [;)]

Ruddy

Martin. Yobo. Seb. Olsson

Tettey. Fer

Redmond. Snodgrass. Pilks

RvW

Keep howson for better points opportunities in March, sub appearance here. Ditto Hooper

City 2nd Wrote:

Just show how much of a supporter you are - it has been well publicised that Guiterrez is out fir three months, and you don''t even know!

Get back under your stone!

You may to regret your uninformed comments City 2nd.

Jonas will be back much earlier, I am suggesting he will be fit for next week.

I think RvW will start on Sunday.

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson

Johnson, Tettey

Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond

RvW

Not my choice but I think it will be CH''s choice!

Has to be Fer & Tettey in the middle.

If Howson fit, he pushes up in his best position with Tettey in un-passaball Johnsons position. Fer controlling midfielder.

2 of Pilks, Redmond or Snodgrass

1 of RVW or Hopper - if one is lacking, replace asap.

Back four selects itself as apart from West Ham, has been improved.

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Olson

Johnson Tettey

Snodgrass Fer Pilkington

Ricky

Redmond and Hooper to come on 60th minute to attack the tired defence.

I''m torn between two defensive midfielders, or Tettey and Howson.On the one hand we need to play a clever game, and likely concede a lot of possession, but on the other hand we could benefit from pressing their midfield a little.

[quote user="Ray"]My guess is;

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olson

Johnson, Tettey,

Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond

RvW[/quote]

RvW up front on his own, with Hooper consigned to the bench???

I have been wondering who scouted Ricky, looks like I may have found him.

I can''t believe the amount of fans that don''t know Jonas is out at least until March. In case you don''t know R. Benno is touch and go for Villa. Turner is 3-4 weeks away, and E. Benno is expected back late March.
Now my team would be: (if Howson is 100% fit)
Ruddy
Martin Yobo Bassong Olsson
Tettey
Redmond Howson Fer Pilkington
Hooper
Or:
Ruddy
Martin Yobo Bassong Olsson
Redmond Tettey Fer Pilkington
Hoolahan
Hooper

[quote user="skippdogg"]can''t see howson starting.[/quote]
You''re right. CH said he definitely wouldn''t start the Spurs game. The first was my ultimate choice, and would be my team from now (except maybe when Turner and Benno are back) on provided everyone stayed fit.
I''d like to see a bit more of Hooper and Hoolahan together. Around new year that started to look good.

Are the teams listed teams people think it will be or teams they would like it to be?

I am absolutely amazed at how many people have left Snodgrass out. Personally I would love to see Pilkington and Redmond wide but I will be very surprised if Snodgrass is dropped.

Danielsroundabout, said;

"RvW up front on his own, with Hooper consigned to the bench???

I have been wondering who scouted Ricky, looks like I may have found him."

I said "my guess is" and I said this because I am gussing at the team CH will put out, it is not he team I would select, however we shall wait and see!

Hooper wasted chances against West Ham - something RWV would probably have received heavier criticism for.

So maybe RVW is getting his big chance tomorrow. Save his season and save our season.

The striker role is a tough one; hooper and rvw are clearly the two to choose from. Hooper has played ok but has not looked like scoring for a while and only does with Elmander on the pitch with him.

RvW has struggled since his injury but he has played the lone striker best of any striker we have, better movement and link up play and it seems to have suited him better than playing deeper - thats what I have suggested he starts; whether his confidence is good enough is the question, and whether the fans will give him the support he needs is another matter all together.

Given Rays post I am now expecting him to start (will be surprised if he does not) and it looks a balanced side esp if we ensure the 3 get up in support of the chosen striker; personally would drop Johnson for pilks to ensure we keep the ball (he does not win it back enough to counterbalance the misplaced efforts), but feel rays post is likely to be the 11.

COYY