Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Norwich City 'to sack Chris Hughton if they lose'

Yeah, read that on The Mirror, which appears to be the source of the story.Frankly its all about interpreting, or maybe misinterpreting David McNally''s words.Without obviously completely dismissing they could get lucky here, its pretty lazy journalism.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Yes Morty, I think it was all about the interview, McNasty give, and making 2+2+5But like i say you never do know ............[/quote]Well it doesn''t take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion.And McNally clearly stated that right now Hughton''s target was to keep us out of the bottom 3.Had things been different with a result or two we could have been in it. So its speculative journalism really.I think they are salivating about a story of evil McNally picking on poor, nice, Chris Hughton.

Just because a result or two has prevented us being in the bottom 3 tonight shouldnt influence McNally''s decision either way if we lose vs Spurs. A defeat or draw would mean 1 win in 14 games, which at this stage of the season, knowing what our last 4 fixures of the season are, just can''t be good enough and is surely an indication that we just wont get the 4/5 wins we need under Hughton?

surely its better to act now whilst we arent in the bottom 3?....when do they want to wait until we are?.....with 3 games to go?...the last game of the season?

No point sacking him if you are going to let him waste the Villa and Stoke games , letting him have the Cardiff and West Ham games was foolish enough .

Seems to be linked with a move for Lennon, is that the plan B? I hope we get something today i really do, could go either way especially as they had a trip to the Ukraine Thursday. Lose today i think he will go, he has had more than enough chances and a replacement will have a tough task but needs a decent run of games to have a chance

I just can''t see any mileage in this story, while I totally accept that our form hasn''t good enough in the last couple of months, sacking CH now would be suicidal. Particularly given the numerous better opportunities the board have had to make the change.

I could have just about understood a change after the West Ham game - giving a 12 day period to find a new boss, the Spurs game to settle in before embarking on 7 crucial games which will ultimately decide our season.

But to head into the Villa game with a caretaker manager or makeshift boss such as Neil Adams would be so dangerous and rash. For better or for worse the decision has been made now and there is no going back.

The time to review CH''s position regardless of what happens is at the end of the season. Then he needs to be asked some serious questions, in particular why he spent £13 million on two strikers ill equipped to play up front by themselves - despite the lone striker being CH''s preferred formation. But that is for another day.

he got off this weekend. we can get stuffed by 4 and he will keep his jobnext time out if we lose and drop bottom 3 then it must be curtainshowever, i cant imagine mr mcnally would really want to sack hughton following a defeat/draw against villa/lambert......

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]To the OP, stop getting my hopes up.[/quote]Its not me, its Paper talkAnyway I cant see it happening on Spurs  the result, as they are going for top 5 and we are dropping like a stone.I think we will lose, just hope its not by too many.

[quote user="Herman "]It would be ironic if Spurs got Hughton the sack.[/quote]

Ah yes of course Mr Herman.

Keep out of the bottom 3 and CH will be retained. I think the board would prefer to make any major changes at the end of the season whether that be Neil Lennon or anyone else.

Slip into the bottom 3 and DM and the board have already declared they will take action as their intention is not to be relegated.

In the event of a sacking, I believe the most likely outcome would be a temporary appointment of someone already at the club who can galvanise the troops and motivate people. Like Neil Adams...

Just a rehash of the story from The Mirror which gives no supporting evidence to the claims that the Fulham supporting writer makes.The Chris O`Keefe article is a lazy piece of journalism, if you can call that journalism seeing as he has produced 30 articles in the last 24 hours all rehashes of other peoples work.

I don''t think any loss today will be tolerated, it is really a must win for Hughton - and if he doesn''t I think the board have already decided that some motivation is required from somewhere and he will be dismissed. I don think McNally is in the business if making idle threats, failure sees his job on the line too, and he doesn''t want that for sure!

Hughton won''t be sacked because of the result today.

1. Spurs are a top side and should put us away comfortably without any disgrace to ourselves.

2. We won''t be in the bottom 3 at the final whistle.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]I just can''t see any mileage in this story, while I totally accept that our form hasn''t good enough in the last couple of months, sacking CH now would be suicidal. Particularly given the numerous better opportunities the board have had to make the change.

I could have just about understood a change after the West Ham game - giving a 12 day period to find a new boss, the Spurs game to settle in before embarking on 7 crucial games which will ultimately decide our season.

But to head into the Villa game with a caretaker manager or makeshift boss such as Neil Adams would be so dangerous and rash. For better or for worse the decision has been made now and there is no going back.

The time to review CH''s position regardless of what happens is at the end of the season. Then he needs to be asked some serious questions, in particular why he spent £13 million on two strikers ill equipped to play up front by themselves - despite the lone striker being CH''s preferred formation. But that is for another day.[/quote]

No it was suicidal keeping him before Christmas when it was clear he had not a clue what he was doing!

I fear too late now because even Alex Ferguson would struggle to keep us up now

Cantiaci Canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-23 2:35 PM:

Hughton won''t be sacked because of the result today.

1. Spurs are a top side and should put us away comfortably without any disgrace to ourselves.

2. We won''t be in the bottom 3 at the final whistle.

What has being in the bottom three got to do with it. Hughton has not been given any ultimatum about the bottom three, that is what the media reported. What has actually been stated, and I do know, is that improvement is expected!

A loss today will not be categorised as improvement!

I think we all need to not worry about what could happen, we have not even played the game yet. I was in a minority being confident that we could pick something up against man city, today I feel the same. Having watched lots of games away to the latest being West Ham all I would say is if RVW had missed the chances Hooper has people would have been on his back, these chances are not the managers fault they have not ended up in the net.

Again I am confident about today, I will be first to come on here later to give my views.

OTBC

No the chances missed aren''t the managers fault, so are you saying pick RVW over Hooper? I certainly hope not. I can''t think of anyone that wasn''t happy Hooper was playing instead of RVW in that and most other games of late. Is the bottom line therefore that are strike force still isn''t good enough? Or that e supply isn''t of sufficient quality?

For those 2 questions, where does the blame lie?

(P.s. The chances missed weren''t the managers fault but the suicidal subs most definitely were)

The Current NCFC Chief Executive''s gargantuan financial end of season bonus is on the line.....''Something''s gotta give''.......

"Chris Hughton will be sacked by Norwich if his side are beaten by Tottenham on Sunday.

The Canaries'' board have run out of patience with their manager, who is described by sources close to the club as a ‘dead man walking’.

Norwich have been pursuing potential successors as they look to stave off the threat of relegation.

Sunday

Mirror Sport ­understands Celtic boss Neil Lennon is the outstanding

choice, but he is unwilling to leave his beloved Celtic now as they

close in on another SPL title.

Former Spurs and England manager Glenn Hoddle is also an intriguing ­possibility.

But other foreign options are being considered with agents asked to put forward candidates."

Well well well, I do reckon I told you all so.  A bit of Kenny G before kick-off and the oppo won''t know what hit them.

Just to let you know I have a bet on city winning and a draw. Just hope we can do it as C.H. seems to get the win when he needs it

C.H. does it again and made me some money wooo hooo brill game and the crowd was going most of the time, cant fault team or crowd.Just wish Redmond would cross instead of shooting, that really gets me