Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

451 with Tettey

The fact we have Howson fit, with Tettey, means we have our strongest midfield available for a tough run in. Things are looking brighter......

Nobody after today, but he is there if Fer needs a rest. Definitely adds more strength to the bench.

Johnson was good today, but Howson is a better player than him in just about every way. 
Johnson deserves to start against Villa, but I think he''ll be dropped soon as he can''t keep up that level of performance consistently. IMO our best midfield is still:
       Tettey
 Howson  Fer
But if you had to drop someone for Howson on today''s performance, it would be Fer.

I don''t think its any coincidence that our general performances have improved since Tettey has come back. Looked very natural as the shielding midfielder before getting injured and this season looked like he has become aware of what his own strengths and weaknesses are.

Hard to drop one of them. It makes it very hard for the opposition to play with those three bad boys in the middle! BJ''s pass to Snoddy was sublime, thought he was outstanding today. OTBC

Personally I think Fer is due a rest. He was a standout player at the start of the season - one of the strongest and most skillful midfielders I have ever seen at Carra Rud.

He started to look a bit jaded just before Christmas and I still don''t think he is back to that early season form yet.

Would love to see Howson challenge him for his place in the team now.

Great formation and for us and tettey has been the star for me. Has a job to do, does it excellently and rarely tries anything he isn''t capable of doing.

I can''t remember us really playing badly with that formation, just been unlucky IMO.

I think we would be mad to change any player for the villa game. Outplayed spurs and every one of the 11 deserves to keep the place

I certainly havnt been Tettey''s biggest fan since he arrived, but agree with the praise he is now getting. For me, despite a decent performance yesterday Fer does look like he needs a rest and I would certainly bring Howson in so as he can recharge a little, but understand why we wouldnt change for Villa.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Personally I think Fer is due a rest. He was a standout player at the start of the season - one of the strongest and most skillful midfielders I have ever seen at Carra Rud.

He started to look a bit jaded just before Christmas and I still don''t think he is back to that early season form yet.

Would love to see Howson challenge him for his place in the team now.[/quote]

Completely agree Fer has had a dip in performance levels since mid December, we should remember that the intensity with which games are played is something most European players find difficult to cope with in there first full season, this is not a dig at him, he''s been fantastic, just making the point that he may be feeling the effects