Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Next four will make or break our season

We need to take 7 points as a minimum to give ourselves a great chance of staying up, whilst taking the pressure off our run in which could lead to a couple of unexpected points. Looks like it''s going to go to the wire.

Also thats now four clean sheets in a row at home. That''s 7 clean sheets at home in total. Why do we ship so many away from home?! Need to maintain this against stoke and sunderland.

If only we''d got somthing from Cardiff and West Ham thing would almost look comfortable.

Great win yesterday and fair play to Hughton. He really does seem to get that win when he''s sat in last chance saloon. Still I remain an outer regardless where we are at the end of the season.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We need to take 7 points as a minimum to give ourselves a great chance of staying up, whilst taking the pressure off our run in which could lead to a couple of unexpected points. Looks like it''s going to go to the wire.

Also thats now four clean sheets in a row at home. That''s 7 clean sheets at home in total. Why do we ship so many away from home?! Need to maintain this against stoke and sunderland.

If only we''d got somthing from Cardiff and West Ham thing would almost look comfortable.

Great win yesterday and fair play to Hughton. He really does seem to get that win when he''s sat in last chance saloon. Still I remain an outer regardless where we are at the end of the season.[/quote]Well done for managing to shoehorn a negative in[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]We need to take 7 points as a minimum to give ourselves a great chance of staying up, whilst taking the pressure off our run in which could lead to a couple of unexpected points. Looks like it''s going to go to the wire.

Great win yesterday and fair play to Hughton. He really does seem to get that win when he''s sat in last chance saloon. Still I remain an outer regardless where we are at the end of the season.[/quote]Well done for managing to shoehorn a negative in[Y][/quote]Not really shoehorning a negative at all, Morty. He''s only saying what many of us are currently thinking. Is it unreasonable to wonder why it''s taken, after months of dross, so long to get some decent showings in? And a great result . There have been too many missed opportunities, both literally and figureatively speaking.So he''s absolutely right. We cannot afford any more Cardiff and West Ham fiascos. Because all they serve to do is dilute the achievements of yesterday. Although I am of the firm opinion that Hughton is not in the long term the right man for the job, I''m not so deluded to think that if we can  go on some sort of run of good results over the next 4 to 5 weeks all the negativity you moan about here will not just vanish into thin air.

What the last month has shown is the total unpredictability of this league. We get 0 points in two fixtures we had hoped to do so and 4 points from 2 from 2 fixtures few gave us any chance in. Do not assume we will roll over any low placed side and neither totally discount getting points from the bigger clubs. We need another 8 imo which is starting to look a lot closer

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]We need to take 7 points as a minimum to give ourselves a great chance of staying up, whilst taking the pressure off our run in which could lead to a couple of unexpected points. Looks like it''s going to go to the wire.

Great win yesterday and fair play to Hughton. He really does seem to get that win when he''s sat in last chance saloon. Still I remain an outer regardless where we are at the end of the season.[/quote]Well done for managing to shoehorn a negative in[Y][/quote]Not really shoehorning a negative at all, Morty. He''s only saying what many of us are currently thinking. Is it unreasonable to wonder why it''s taken, after months of dross, so long to get some decent showings in? And a great result . There have been too many missed opportunities, both literally and figureatively speaking.So he''s absolutely right. We cannot afford any more Cardiff and West Ham fiascos. Because all they serve to do is dilute the achievements of yesterday. Although I am of the firm opinion that Hughton is not in the long term the right man for the job, I''m not so deluded to think that if we can  go on some sort of run of good results over the next 4 to 5 weeks all the negativity you moan about here will not just vanish into thin air.[/quote]Yes it is shoehorning a negative in. He is consistently negative, and does not have it in his locker, much like many here, to just be happy for the team he (allegedly) supports.

I would say next 7 to be honest. 7 teams from the bottom half.

Sunderland, Stoke, WBA all at home

I think that result yesterday was HUGE. Avoid defeat sunday and i think we will be fine. The sooner we get to 30 the better tho.

[quote user="morty"]Yes it is shoehorning a negative in. He is consistently negative, and does not have it in his locker, much like many here, to just be happy for the team he (allegedly) supports.[/quote]Another thing we''ll just have to disagree on then, Morty. I saw nothing particularly negative in Lincoln''s post. It was reflective on the change in attitude coupled with inconsistency..Yes, he, like many of us, has posted in a negative frame of mind over the last few months, and with good reason, I may say. Well, I''m glad to say that we''ve had a couple of good home results lately. But, if you think that everyone is suddenly going to start posting as if everything in the garden is rosy on the strength of two matches, then I''m afraid you are very much mistaken. Whilst being more upbeat, and giving credit where it''s due, it''s going to take a much longer run of good results before many of us are going to be sure that a corner really has been turned.Lincoln is spot-on. If we''d done better at Cardiff and West Ham then we''d be building a good litte run now. But sadly we did not, so hope is that the run will involve Villa, Stoke , Saints and Sunderland. Time will tell.