Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Well done, Chris Hughton

The boy dun good yesterday and got his tactics spot on. A well deserved victory for City, and I think we should stay up provided we can have a few more solid perfomances like the one we saw against Spurs.

I have been a Hughton outer for some time, but after the Man City and Spurs games I have changed my mind about him and will back him from now on (win, lose or draw). I leave any decision as regards his future in the board''s capable hands.

I think that''s pretty much my stance too. I have been an inner, and this season i have been an outer.

But you''d have to be mad to now break up the bond that is so clearly there in that dressing room between players and staff. That is worth points on its own. It''s also hard to ignore the table when you look at the clubs that have switched mangers and the clubs that haven''t. Certainly the idea of putting an unknown and untried foreign manager in like Pepe Mel or Magath is a massive gamble. It''s different for every club of course and i think Fulham (first time around with Jol) and Palace probably had to make changes because the managers had clearly lost their way. But there''s no evidence of that at Norwich.

Balls of steel when all about are running around like headless chickens. The way he handled the recent crisis and the way the players have responded indicate that he should be here close season and allowed to develop the team. RVW will improve over the years, strikers have had poor first seasons at Carrow Road and gone on to be legends. He will be one too.

H

Hopefully the penny is dropping that if he is given the right fit players, and they dont let him down with stupid mistakes, hughton isn''t the idiot some of you make him out to be.

[quote user="morty"]Hopefully the penny is dropping that if he is given the right fit players, and they dont let him down with stupid mistakes, hughton isn''t the idiot some of you make him out to be.[/quote]

Pundits rightly mention our last four games are hard, if you were chasing the PL title would you relish a trip to Carrow Road needing three points?

H

[quote user="morty"]Hopefully the penny is dropping that if he is given the right fit players, and they dont let him down with stupid mistakes, hughton isn''t the idiot some of you make him out to be.[/quote]

agreed! I await the usual replies from the usual people.. who of course are all succesful football manmagers with years of experience and will be passing their CV''s to the club in anticipation of a job offer.

The last 4 games have shown we can compete with anybody;    still need to finish what we create but a goal or two will change that current lack of confidence..