Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Stats from yesterdays game

– Robert Snodgrass had a game-high 5 shots.

– Bradley Johnson created 3 goal-scoring opportunities, more than any other player.

– Aaron Lennon completed 98% of his passes, the most in the game.

– Alex Tettey, Bradley Johnson, and Danny Rose each won 4 aerial-duels, a game-high.

– Bradley Johson made 6 successful tackles, more than any other player.

– Alex Tettey made a game-high 4 interceptions.

– Joseph Yobo and Sebastien Bassong led the game with 12 defensive-clearances each.

– Robert Snodgrass attempted more crosses than any other player (8).

– Nathan Redmond completed a game-high 3 successful dribbles.

– Robert Snodgrass and Ricky van Wolfswinkel were the most-fouled players in the game (3).

– Mousa Dembele and Emmanuel Adebayor were each dispossessed 6 times, the most in the game.

I saw some stats yesterday that Spurs had more possession than we did.It may be my green and yellow specs, but I don''t remember it that way...

I know we had a couple good games with Howson/Fer/Tettey. But we''ve now had what, five? With Johnson, Tettey and Fer.

Playing Johnson and Tettey allows the four players ahead of them much more freedom to attack. And Johnson had played that ball that set up the goal auccesfully 3/4 times in the last few matches now.

Howson is going to struggle to get back in the team.

Morty sky''s possession stats were 40.5% to 59.5% in Spurs favour.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]Morty sky''s possession stats were 40.5% to 59.5% in Spurs favour.[/quote]Surprising, it really didn''t seem to me that they had more possession, to be honest. And certainly not nearly 20%!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]Morty sky''s possession stats were 40.5% to 59.5% in Spurs favour.[/quote]Surprising, it really didn''t seem to me that they had more possession, to be honest. And certainly not nearly 20%![/quote]
I thought they definitely had more. 
We counter attacked most of the time, whilst they played the ball about.

I''ve asked this question before and am not aware anybody replied. Does anybody know how these stats get compiled? Does one person sit in the stands counting everything, or is thre a team of people, each monitoring either an individual player or an individual statistic (one for possession, one for tackles won, one for shots on/off target). Who the hell measures how far each individual player has run? Are they fitted with transponders? Is there a camera that monitors all this stuff ''live'' or is it compiled post-match?

How come different sources produce different results? Are there several teams or systems in place at each match?

I know technology exists that clubs use to monitor performance in this way; can anybody shed any light on how it actually works?

[quote user="Chip20"]I''ve asked this question before and am not aware anybody replied. Does anybody know how these stats get compiled? Does one person sit in the stands counting everything, or is thre a team of people, each monitoring either an individual player or an individual statistic (one for possession, one for tackles won, one for shots on/off target). Who the hell measures how far each individual player has run? Are they fitted with transponders? Is there a camera that monitors all this stuff ''live'' or is it compiled post-match? How come different sources produce different results? Are there several teams or systems in place at each match? I know technology exists that clubs use to monitor performance in this way; can anybody shed any light on how it actually works?[/quote]

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/How-Opta-Compile-Match-Day-Football-Data-6346811/

Ooh; I was hoping somebody would provide a linky. My lunch break is almost over now, so I will watch and digest later on. Thanks for taking the time to respond though, jas; appreciated.

At half-time Sky showed the possession for the first half as 50/50 so to get 40/60 for the whole game means Spurs must have had 70% possession second half.  I''d be very surprised if they had that much possession but I guess we did score immediately after the break so they probably got a lot of the ball from then on (and didn''t create much with it)

I''m still amazed we only won 1-0 with all those chances towards the end; the Sky commentators made the same point.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="morty"][quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]Morty sky''s possession stats were 40.5% to 59.5% in Spurs favour.[/quote]Surprising, it really didn''t seem to me that they had more possession, to be honest. And certainly not nearly 20%![/quote]
I thought they definitely had more. 
We counter attacked most of the time, whilst they played the ball about.
[/quote]

That''s the most I''ve seen us play the ball about in a long time and was more improvement on the last few games. Certainly wouldn''t call that a counter attacking performance. We controlled the game overall and fully deserved the win.

I too was very surprised that at half-time the possesion stats were 50-50 and full time 41-59. Again maybe the bias of focussing on one team, but for once I thought we had far more of the ball than them, it certainly felt like we were putting them under pressure rather than the other way around...