Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Chris Hughton

[quote user="Perky Canary "]Anything of interest mentioned?[/quote]

same old thing really sounded very positive where he was heading and have to say I hope we keep him on

Glad I''m not the only one, I''ve never thought we would go down with him at the helm, every time we need a result, he doesn''t disappoint. People forget that as a manager he is still young and learning. I think he is only now finding his feet and best way to use the squad. I see a bright future.

[quote user="Perky Canary "]Anything of interest mentioned?[/quote]

Towards the end of it when he was asked about his thoughts on Spurs and Sherwoods'' position with regard to Louis Van Gaal. A slight mis-step for Hughton who - like most other managers - is rarely caught saying anything remotely controversial.  Seemed he wasn''t aware that Louis Van Gaal had specifically mentioned Spurs in terms of his next step after Brazil. Hughton said words to the effect that it was bad form for any manager to talk about another managers job. I happen to agree with that, but cringed at the thought of how tabloids could spin it in their "Fight! Fight! Fight!" playground style. Not that I expect it to dominate the backpages, but there you go.