Sign in to follow this  
Bill

A bad day for the apologists

sticking with Hughton is the biggest single example of Little Ole Norwich syndrome. we must progress as a club this wont happen under hapless. Staggering from one game from the sack to the next is no way to run a club.

Hughton out, Messiah back

[quote user="City1st"]never mind  maybe a grown up could help  as to hangover, sadly not   back at work last night and only just up an hour ago  and don''t usually post in my time so will catch you all this eveps nice try Lapps, does remove the need to engage in debate[/quote]So what you''re really saying is you''ve finally come round to Wiz''s way of thinking and he was right all along? [:^)]

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]

sticking with Hughton is the biggest single example of Little Ole Norwich syndrome. we must progress as a club this wont happen under hapless. Staggering from one game from the sack to the next is no way to run a club.

[/quote]You haven''t followed Lamberts progress at Villa much have you ?? Bless........You probably haven''t noticed that Norwich under Hughton have secured more points than "big club" Villa under Lambert.He won''t be coming back and he wont be available for a while despite the ever increasing villa fan opposition to his management style because he''s at Villa for as long as he keeps saying "Yes" to Randy Lerner.Do you want a "Yes man" managing our club, I don''t.....

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]

[/quote]

Hapless 28 points, Messiah 28 points...............

[quote user="splutcho"]City1st appears to be having some sort of breakdown. I''m going to get popcorn.[/quote]I always have popcorn, on standby, when reading this forum.

Here is a link to the Sky post match interview with Chris.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9181966/hughton-we-made-it-hard

I presume this is the one to which the OP refers when he says "that Hughton had to change the tactics, approach and style of play. Something he actually admitted in the post match interview"

Hughton says we need to start winning games but nowhere does he say anything approaching ''I had to change the tactics, approach and style of play.''

So...maybe

-the interview was edited for the website

- City 1st heard a different interview on a different channel

- the noise of the pub caused him to mishear

- or maybe something else....

Indeed, very sensible and dignified. Re-directed a couple of questions (about McNally, and also about the effect of pressure on him) expertly too... some would say just like a politician no doubt. but it came across as a genuine response.

Maybe the op would like to provide a link to this infamous interview. I''ve watched a couple now and still haven''t figured out what he is on about........

[quote user="Herman "]Maybe the op would like to provide a link to this infamous interview. I''ve watched a couple now and still haven''t figured out what he is on about........[/quote]As soon as he gets back from having a cup of tea with Lee Harvey Oswald, behind the white picket fence on the grassy Knoll.[;)]

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]City 1st dear chap.

You talk a lot of cobblers. There is no conspiricy. The only person picking the team and doing the tactics is our manager. hoots and McNally would not allow it any other way and neither would the players.

It is people like you who are trying, and failing, to whip up an anti manager steam roller on here. He is not going anywhere today, tomorrow and will without a doubt be here next season.

Give it a rest.[/quote]

How did i miss this thread! City1st also famously doesn''t think the manager is in charge of transfers (accepting that these are given final sign off by the board). Indeed he says he know precisely how transfers at the club work, but despite repeated attempts, he has ignored invitations to enlighten us. Either way, it seems as if, according to him, the manager doesn''t do a great deal! CH has spoken about the pressures that a modern manager faces and the various decisions he has to make on a daily basis - it appears he needn''t bother!

City 1st, I think you need to consider the evidence on this.
  • Players regularly saying that it''s up to them to get it in the net.
  • McNally asserting that the players are behind CH.
  • Hughton himself saying that it''s not enough to just dig deep.
  • Possession statistics up against last season
  • Chances on and off target up against last season

Those chances are going to start converting into goals. We''ve been a bit unlucky that a number of keepers seem to have found some extra inspiration against us.

Basically, CH has been in football a long time, but he''s been managing for only a bit over three years. He''s learning and developing himself, but we''ve also got a lot of players back from injury which is making the squad more competitive and they''ve now been playing together a while now so can anticipate each other better and work better as a unit, in contrast to the start of the season with a lot of new bods in that had never played in the Premier League before.

Trying to argue that all the players have just decided to do their own thing and that''s why things are looking up is a bit of a joke really. Think it''s more you trying to justify your own negativity towards the man than any apologism as such. He''s not perfect, but he''s done very well on signings, inspires the confidence of his squad and appears able to keep their tails up no matter how bad things seem.

McNally pointed out during his recent interview that we''ve got a long way to go in terms of squad investment before we''re in contention to compete in the top eight in the league. That means that if we have a manager who keeps us in the Premier League two seasons in a row then short of a really outstanding Morinho style candidate we''ll more than likely stick. That said, we''re in a fantastic position to make that investment, being entirely debt free, and move into a position where we can really mix it with the big boys.

Your problem is you want it all now and it just doesn''t work like that.