Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Hungarian Giants

I wonder if these green giants are jolly?

Could provide some game time & experience for our reserves / young players, that could be useful.

Yeah, was just reading about this.And without wanting to be cynical, I have seen lots of things like this over the years, both at City and at other clubs, and I have yet to see any benefit whatsoever!

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, was just reading about this.And without wanting to be cynical, I have seen lots of things like this over the years, both at City and at other clubs, and I have yet to see any benefit whatsoever![/quote]
Ronaldo...
Pretty sure he joined Man.U over other clubs because they had a link with Sporting.
Fairly sure plenty of clubs have little connections that give them first choice on players. Probably happens more than is really made public.

Don''t Chelsea have a link with a Belgian side?

Although the opposite side of the coin, Ferencvaros were linked with Sheffield United for a while. Say no more.

Watched the team while in Budapest and the experience was fantastic, sitting in with their Ultras. But the football was championship quality at best. Hungarian football wasn''t in the best of health overall at the time,but it may have improved since then.

Interesting preseason friendly hopefully, away from home I hasten to add.

Not quite sure how this could benefit us but I don''t suppose it can do a great deal of harm either.

[quote user="Herman "]Don''t Chelsea have a link with a Belgian side? Although the opposite side of the coin, Ferencvaros were linked with Sheffield United for a while. Say no more. Watched the team while in Budapest and the experience was fantastic, sitting in with their Ultras. But the football was championship quality at best. Hungarian football wasn''t in the best of health overall at the time,but it may have improved since then.[/quote]

Chelsea are linked to Vitesse Arnhem in Holland - were they have sent a large number of youth players on loan for the season. They also used the link to buy Van Ginkel in the summer.

Ferencvaros get into the europa league so any players we loan out could be getting a good education against the likes of Dortmund and Barcelona!

First i saw of it, I thought the club had come to a business arrangement selling more pies to big fatties.

But it wasn''t hungry giants after all