Sign in to follow this  
Snoots

John Hurt

Great to see the venerable John Hurt at Carrow Road yesterday. Apart from Delia, what other celebs were spotted in the crowd ? Was Ed Balls there or was he watching the game on Sky ? Danny Mills was obviously not there but then again nor was he watching on Sky.... but there again again he''s isn''t a celeb either, in my opinion, just another twonk like Andy Townsend who never seem to want to admit they played for Norwich.

He is very involved with Cinema City as a patron, and also with the Norwich University of the Arts, so I assume he lives locally.

Good to see him at Carrow Road. We seem to have a more hi brow class of celeb fans than other clubs (assuming he isn''t a secret Spurs fan)

He lives in Cromer, apparently because of his obsessive love of the crabs. He can be seen on Cromer pier hand lining for crabs most days of the week. He has a large red bucket. He grew the beard as disguise so as not to be recognised..

[quote user="Prince Randian"]It''s far easier to catch crabs in Yarmouth.  The beard is optional but a clothes peg would be essential.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Prince Randian"]It''s far easier to catch crabs in Yarmouth.  The beard is optional but a clothes peg would be essential.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve heard that too, although muff diving for them is particularly risky and not recommended.

[quote user="nu_matik"]He lives near Holt...[/quote]Didn''t he move back oop north?/obviousjoke.

[quote user="Snoots"] Danny Mills was obviously not there but then again nor was he watching on Sky.... but there again again he''s isn''t a celeb either, in my opinion, just another twonk like Andy Townsend who never seem to want to admit they played for Norwich.[/quote]

Yeah, what''s all that about? It''s not all the players - obviously the ones that hang around don''t have an issue with it, Adams, Eadie, Hucks, Ashton. Others have left but always acknowledge their past with the us like Iwan or Bellamy. But the you have the Townsends, the Mills, Royles and Steve Bruce was another who never ever talked about his past with us, right up to the Birmingham play off when he still didn''t have a barely a word for us. By that point my dislike for him reached a new low/high! But then a couple of years ago he suddenly opened up about his past with us, revealed how important his time with us had been in forging his career, and ever since then he has been fine and seems to have mellowed a lot. Quite what changed there i don''t know.

All a bit odd. Of course with Mills as a (really really awful) pundit, he can''t avoid talking about us now so it has been interesting to see how his bitterness for the club remains for all to see! To be fair, we all thought he was always a complete tool anyway didn''t we!!? I know i did, so he probably feels the same way about the club. The fact he can''t hide it and be impartial just shows what a cr*p pundit he really is.  

[quote user="morty"]I think I saw Ed Balls in the Upper Barclay, in the bar at half time.[/quote]

Are you sure it wasn''t Redmond''s ball from his shot in the first half?

[quote user="Yobocop"][quote user="morty"]I think I saw Ed Balls in the Upper Barclay, in the bar at half time.[/quote]

Are you sure it wasn''t Redmond''s ball from his shot in the first half?[/quote][:D]