Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Loza

This lad is always on the scoresheet. Yes it is in the reserve league, but you have to score when your played and he has been. I wonder if CH has ever been tempted to include him in his 1st team squad with the lack of goals upfront.

I suspect not. This is no reflection on either manager or player, simply a reflection of gulf between U21 and Premiership. I think that Callum might be considered first as better able to cope with the physicality.

I recall another promising player we had some years back - Lee Power. He seemed to have much going for him, but he never made it.

I accept that we need a striker who,can be in the right place at the right time and who can confidently and cooly convert the chance.

There is a problem with our chance creators at the moment, in that they are not quite accurate enough - Tettey and Fer each showed urgency to get into position on Sunday and in each case the ball arrived in the wrong place.

It seems likely that RvW and Hooper are both lacking in confidence in front of goal. They are experienced strikers and well able to cope with the pace and physicality of the Premiership. They get into position, only to find the pass is wrong.

Loza seems to have great prospects, although his loan club are not using him much, it seems. If he becomse a good striker in the near future, I hope that it will be with us!

Morty,

I though he played well in both his last two games and whist at Orient he did lay on a great through ball from which they scored in the first game he played, but they went on to sign a couple of strikers I think so he was probably only ever emergency cover until they signed seasoned pros.

He''s quick and certainly knows where the goal is, although I have a slight concern on his heading ability or more to the point his ability to challenge efectively for a header but that said I think he has a bright future.

The issue with him playing at NCFC is more of CH''s adversity to playing youngsters, something he appears not to be too keen on, I am of the opinion Josh Murphy only played because of neccessity when all our wingers were crocked. You have probably noticed now we almost have a full set he is not even on the bench.

Personally I would have given one or two of them a chance but that is very easy for me to say given my salary and reputation isn''t at risk.

Let''s be positive though and suggest that when we are safe with a number of games to go, he may give one or two of them some minutes!!

Ray you Murphy opinion isn''t an opinion, its fact.
He only got a place on the bench when we had two fit wingers, as soon as Pilks reappeared he''s been out of the picture bar one game when Snoddy missed out.
I don''t think Hughton is adverse to playing youngsters, he brought one in. I think Murphy (maybe both, but Josh at least) could potentially be better than Redmond because he already seems to have slightly better decision making ability, and considering the difference in competitive football the two have played its very encouraging the level Josh is already at.
The thing is, we can all say there is loads of potential, even actual ability in the youngsters now. But we''ve always said that. And nearly always you also get the ''well I know Jarvis wasn''t any good in the end, but this one definitely is''. Its a continuing trend. I can quite clearly remember people going on about Jarvis, Henderson, Joe Lewis, Spillane and more before and after them as if they were going to be the next best thing. Just to add some hypocrisy in, the lot we have now do seem like they have a bit more about them, well they definitely do if you take the U18 FA Cup win into consideration. But thinking they should be in the first team in the PL is a step too far for all of them. Murphy looked alright, but he wasn''t half as confidant as Redmond, of course more game time will bring that, but for a start we aren''t really in a position to risk it. And we''ve got staff at the club who''s career is based around judging wether or not these players should be playing.
So I don''t think Hughton is adverse to playing youngsters, he just isn''t going to play the ones who aren''t good enough. His judgement could of course be wrong, not saying he''s got it all perfectly judged. 
But yeah, a lot to be positive about with our current batch of youngsters.

Ginger,

I get your point, but when will they ever be good enough if they don''t get game time and you make this point when you say Redmond looks more confident than Murphy because of his game time, I wonder hoiw much of that Redmond would have had had all our wingers been fit?

How do you judge if they are good enough if they haven''t played in the PL? Sending them out may of course help their cause, especially in terms of game time but if it is to a League 1 or 2 club then this isn''t really comaparable to the PL. It is a difficult one I do accept and could CH''s judgement be wrong, well many would argue that RvW had hours of game time and experience and let''s face it it hasn''t worked too well for him yet, same potentially with Bechio, so is playing a youngster or two any more risky?

I guess if any of us had all the answers we would be rich people.

All that said I think we may have a few good ''uns in our ranks.all we need to do is ensure we maximise on the potential, however that may be.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

I can quite clearly remember people going on about Jarvis, Henderson, Joe Lewis, Spillane and more before and after them as if they were going to be the next best thing.

But yeah, a lot to be positive about with our current batch of youngsters.

[/quote]

I tried telling people that the likes of the Jarvis brothers and Spillane wouldn''t be good enough - which was often a pretty unpopular view. I also always said C Martin was a much better prospect than the rest.

However, as you''ve said, there is a lot to be positive about with our current lot. Not saying I''m the authority on it but this is one of the better groups we''ve had in a while from the bits I''ve seen.

Having said that, while we remain a Premier League club it''ll be very hard for any of the lads to get a look in. You can''t afford to gamble too much with youth team players at this level (with everything that''s on the line) when you''ve got proven senior professionals available. If just one became a regular first team player for us in the Premier League I''d be pleased. Look what a good player C Martin is and he hasn''t managed to make it at this level.