Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Bassong vs Holt?

Does anyone else think if Holt plays for Villa next weekend Bassong will give him a bit of a beating?
Just going from Bassongs recent comments on Hughton, and Holtys comments when he left, that even if he''s still on friendly terms with his former team mates he''ll be in for a bit of rough treatment? I think Holt should be very worried about Bassong (and Johnson) showing him what he''s missing. Plus the best way to deal with Holt is to physically dominate him, otherwise he takes advantage. But I think if Lambert thinks playing Holt could have a negative effect on our players/team/fans/manager/whatever it could backfire and be the opposite!

The tactical genius that is the Messiah will beat hapless across the field why pick on just this contest. Before anyone whacks into me. Look at the Hapless v the Messiah contests to date.

I wish Holt all the best, put guess he wont be a starter and also feel that he will not trouble either Bassong or Yobo,particularly because if he comes on the game will probably be beyond Villa as we snatch our second win in a row and push Villa towards danger...............just how good would that be??

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]If Holt gets on the pitch he will spend his time falling over trying to get free kicks[/quote]
We are well aware of that, we had four years of it ;)

I think we will outplay them in midfield, whether Holt plays or not is irrelevent, we will win.

Have you got your claret and blue scarf out Thorpe End Canary, because by heck you come across more of a Vile fan than a Canary.

If both so wonderful, sod off and support them instead of your constant negative tripe!

[quote user="Pitchforks & Torches"]Have you got your claret and blue scarf out Thorpe End Canary, because by heck you come across more of a Vile fan than a Canary.

If both so wonderful, sod off and support them instead of your constant negative tripe!

U truly are barking mad

The scores are level after 90 minutes.

In added time Snodders takes a corner and Grant Holt is spotted - by even the 4th official (who''s spooning sugar into his post match cuppa at the burger van behind the stand - trying to rip the shirt from Bassong''s back.

Snodders hands the ball to Ricky who burys it in the back of the net.

We stay up and PL gets the sack.

Sorry I think I must be spending too much time on fantasy writing sites.

Holt will not start the game. Most posters on a Villa Board think his signing is a mistake. Many comment on his lack of movement, and of course his weight. Some even point out how Wigan have improved since he left!

If Villa go behind he will come on as Lambert knows he will be fired up for this game, and will try and make a point!

Also Lambert is not that popular with many posters, some comments are so similar to those that have been directed by many on this board towards CH.

Bassong , with JY for backup, i think the Pieman will struggle ,IF he makes it on the Pitch at all.

He has struggled all season,at two different clubs, his star is fading while our defence is evolving and improving. No contest, look how our boys handled Adebeyor, snuffed out like a candle.

We all know the script, we saw it enough times here under Lambert.  All we have to do is carry on the level of recent performances and if we do that  we''ll outplay them, take the lead, Holt will come on as a desperate measure by Lambert, doing his usual by trying to be positive to get something from the match.  Our team, being more savvy these days, will use that to our advantage to dominate midfield even more and will score again....and again.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The tactical genius that is the Messiah will beat hapless across the field why pick on just this contest. Before anyone whacks into me. Look at the Hapless v the Messiah contests to date.[/quote] I don''t know why you''re bothering with this thread when there are other threads with things like "cretin" and "dimwit" in their title. You''re wasting your talents in this one...

''The tactical genius that is the Messiah will beat hapless across the field why pick on just this contest. Before anyone whacks into me. Look at the Hapless v the Messiah contests to date.''......TEC

That''ll be the ''tactical genius'' that despite moving to ''bigger'' club with ''better players that at present is only above his previous''smaller club'' on goal difference. The man who, unless it was to HIS advantage to do otherwise, would step over you in the Street to get to an even ''Bigger Club''.

Well done you distracted me there from the ACTUAL TOPIC of this thread.

how does your significant other feel about your PL obsession, are they jealous....is that why you do it.

Bassong , in his sleep,all day long, by the way, thanks Grant but we''re movin on.

I actually think the results against Villa haven''t told the whole tale, we were very unfortunate in at least two of them, often bemoaning the wasted opportunities.

I hope Holt starts, i expect he may well do, alongside Benteke. I imagine PL will set them up to play on the counter, using their pace on the wings and height up front. I expect we will outrun them most of the game, and hopefully our players will find their goal-scoring boots.

I am going 3 1 City win!!

Holt to get a red card surely! He went in for some pretty hefty challenges when he came off the bench last season, and was lucky not to be sent off. Can see him being too fired up and not up to the pace...

If Holt scores against us on Sunday serious questions have to be raised, because Holt isn''t currently getting much game time, our players should know exactly how to nullify him and he''s not the player he once was. Three reasons to be annoyed if Holt scored against us.

Not to mention the fact that Villa are currently dreadful at home, if we get at them early on the crowd will get restless very very quickly. Looking at the Villa forums, a lot of them see it as a Lambert job saving game, shockingly, because... obviously, Villa should always be challenging for the title such is their size and rich history.

Why are a few fans so concerned Holt will score? I''ll create a BetFair account and take your money willing if any are so confident.

More likely Lambert getting a £10k fine for ridiculing the ref when we get a penalty created by Snodgrass, RVW takes, scores and karma is restored.