Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Snodgrass - I JUST DON'T GET IT

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]In the interests of fairness - Snodgrass was well worth his place today - irrespective of his superbly-taken goal.

He chased and harried all afternoon and showed Redmond how to finish.

There was no throwing himself to the floor and no haranguing the ref - he just got on with it.

A much better relationship with the Snakepit too.

He was on form and like the Snodgrass we first nicked from Leeds![/quote]Best game for a while. As you say, there was no theatrics today, just got on with the game and showed his class.

MOM today as well...
[quote user="BBC"]Robert Snodgrass rightly won the man-of-the-match award for Norwich, producing a superb performance in midfield for the Canaries. He won nine tackles in the middle of the park and he intercepted possession the same number of times. Throw in four clearances, two shots on target and one goal and he deserves that bottle of champagne he''s likely to receive. Plus the crossbar is still shaking from that late free-kick.[/quote]

haha love posts like this.

Snodgrass always gives 100% and often gets good results - ie decent cross or a goal.

Got to be our most valued player second to Ruddy.

Thing about Snodgrass he has that never say die attitude. He badly wants to win. It''s a character streak you need in a team that has to battle for a result.

Excellent performance against Spurs, got some excellent shots away.

I have been one of snoddys more vocal critics and he has deserved most of it , but today he yesterday he was great and was my MOM. Hope he can put in more displays like that rather than what we have seen for most of season

Snodgrass is a good player. IMO he comes in for flack because he takes almost every set piece and because they often prove to be so crucial, when he''s having a bad day at the office it means that side of the teams game totally fails.

Bor Bor Bor: Redmond has less end product than any footballer I have ever seen,including Ralph Milne.

Lee Croft?

The problem with Redmond is that he is a RIGHT winger but with the lack of pace that we have, and with Snodgrass playing on the right, he has to play on the left.He is much better on the right and when he switches wings during the game he shows that.

I have to agree completely with this thread and the winning goal yesterday changes very little.

Snoddy is 100%er always sometimes we need to try something different especially when playing with one up front.

I don''t understand why people become so precious about it if people suggest a player could do with a rest or we should freshen the team up.

Snodgrass continues to be selected regardless of his form, this is wrong.

His form demands his continual selection. He''s the only player to have scored this month and the goal before that came from his corner. What do you see that suggests his selection is wrong?

People criticising Snodgrass drive me wild. He always gives 100% and a huge proportion of our chances and goals emerge from his work. He is also the type of player prepared to take a risk at times, so sometimes people notice his mistakes. The criticism he gets is ridiculous: he is one of our best players.

his confidence soared after his goal, very average first half, his dynamic best the second.

[quote user=" Badger"]People criticising Snodgrass drive me wild. He always gives 100% and a huge proportion of our chances and goals emerge from his work. He is also the type of player prepared to take a risk at times, so sometimes people notice his mistakes. The criticism he gets is ridiculous: he is one of our best players.[/quote]

No player is immune from criticism.  Snodgrass could be more consistent, fall over less, improve his decision making and learn to trust his right foot more.  Having said that he plays with his heart on his sleeve, always gives 100% and when on his game is a handful and a matchwinner. 

He says himself that he wants to improve. That is the sign that he has set high standards for himself and is keen to develop as a footballer.  I''ve criticised him on several occasions, but he has won me round more this season with his attitude and guts - and skill as seen with the goal yesterday. 

But he can improve and I think he will. 

Snoddy''s one of our best players and his work rate means that even he''s not in form he still does a job - that''s why he was continually picked even when he wasn''t delivering his best.

The reality is most Norwich fans get too excited by a small pacey winger - see the calls for Redmond to replace him earlier in the thread. The different is Redmond currently has no end product - Snoddy scores and sets up goals whilst acting as good defensive cover due to his work rate.

He gets picked every week because he''s a consistently good player. Much like Bradley Johnson, who also gets undue criticism on here, but that''s for another thread.

Maybe it''s an anti-Leeds thing? It''s the most reasonable argument i can come up with