Sign in to follow this  
Sheva

Yevhen Konoplyanko

As you all know Tottenham Hotspurs will be playing a very important match against ‘us’ this week, but before so they need to travel to Eastern Ukraine to play a difficult game against FC Dnipro, a team I support and know very well from living in Ukraine many years.

Not only will this trip be long for Spurs but with the ongoing fights against the corrupt Government, it will be very tough and tiring for the players, I of course wish for them to be safe.

What’s interesting, is that Dnipro have a player, Yevhen Konoplyanka, who for the past 2 or 3 years, I’ve been saying could very well be a excellent signing for the likes of Norwich. I’ve followed Norwich for many years, and if Konoplyanko is going abroad, then I would wish him to my English team. I also know Spurs are interested in him and that Liverpool thought they had him signed this January.

IMO he is a class up from any wide players currently at Norwich, he plays mainly wide left but favours his right foot, his style and now you can laugh!, is a cross between Messi and Ronaldo. I was not sure and its still not proven , if he can make the jump from the Ukraine Premier League to the English Premier, but what I can say is that against England 2 times, he was the player who Englands defence couldn’t control.

Watch on TV today and comment, he’s sure to flop now!

Yevhen Konoplyanko http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8b8kD8TG7U

What about his mates though? Norwich seem to have a habit of buying a couple of them on my FM, particularly Eugene Selesneyov. (sp?) He looks like the powerful but clever target man that we need. Kind of like a good version of Elmander.

Yevhen Seleznyov hes done the rounds, if you are going to sign from Ukraine, you want dynamic, its high risk and expensive.

I agree Konoplyanko might be out of Norwich''s league, his girl would really want to shopping in London every day I would guess. Still you must have dreams!

This forum is a joke 99.9% of the time, we are not going be able to sign players like this. End of, if you think differently you have no idea what so ever about modern day football.He was in talks with Liverpool at the very end of the January transfer window which included roughly, a 20m fee and hes a rising start of European football, tore England to bits at Wembley.I think it was Monday I read on here someone suggesting we go for Ben Arfa and actually have a chance of getting him.,.... seriously what planet are these people on ? Hes on 50k + i would guess and is consistently linked with PSG. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DELUDED CLOWNS.

Nowt wrong with dreaming Urdie. Out of interest, who do you think is our best realistic target should we stay up?

I''d go with Gylfi Siggurdson.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]This forum is a joke 99.9% of the time, we are not going be able to sign players like this. End of, if you think differently you have no idea what so ever about modern day football.

He was in talks with Liverpool at the very end of the January transfer window which included roughly, a 20m fee and hes a rising start of European football, tore England to bits at Wembley.

I think it was Monday I read on here someone suggesting we go for Ben Arfa and actually have a chance of getting him.,.... seriously what planet are these people on ? Hes on 50k + i would guess and is consistently linked with PSG.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DELUDED CLOWNS.
[/quote]

and Leroy Fer, Dutch international, was in talks with Everton

remind again who he plays for now???

go back to sleep you deluded clown!

Norwich have very little chance of signing Konoplyanko now, however 2/3 years ago they could of.

He''s valued at around 12 -15 £ now, when his contract runs down it could be less, but he will want a big city as I said, big city, big shops and restaurants.

Stay cool everyone, its just a game, snipers aren''t shooting you dead this morning.

It isn''t always about the transfer fee though. People look at the £7m paid by Man U for Vidic and the same for Hernandez, but realistically, we''d never have been in with a chance at both them even if we could afford them, as there are always bigger teams sniffing around the best players.

[quote user="Sheva"]Norwich have very little chance of signing Konoplyanko now, however 2/3 years ago they could of.

He''s valued at around 12 -15 £ now, when his contract runs down it could be less, but he will want a big city as I said, big city, big shops and restaurants.

Stay cool everyone, its just a game, snipers aren''t shooting you dead this morning.[/quote]

Very true! Classy answer :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]This forum is a joke 99.9% of the time, we are not going be able to sign players like this. End of, if you think differently you have no idea what so ever about modern day football.He was in talks with Liverpool at the very end of the January transfer window which included roughly, a 20m fee and hes a rising start of European football, tore England to bits at Wembley.I think it was Monday I read on here someone suggesting we go for Ben Arfa and actually have a chance of getting him.,.... seriously what planet are these people on ? Hes on 50k + i would guess and is consistently linked with PSG. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DELUDED CLOWNS.[/quote]

and Leroy Fer, Dutch international, was in talks with Everton

remind again who he plays for now???

go back to sleep you deluded clown!

[/quote]And remind us where Fer wishes he was now :-D

Dnipro 1 .0 Tottenham Hotspurs

Konoplyanko pen

Strange night, very sparse crowd, heavy pitch and Dnipro not having played for several weeks to the mid season break. Spurs were more than matched, Dnipro showed a lot of fight and Konoplyanko showed on a few occasions why I and others rate him highly. Former Norwich right back held him OK but for a couple of times when he was left for dead by skill and pace and that''s all it takes to turn a match!

Spurs will try and leave straight away to get back and prepare for City match, but they need some luck, I''m afraid I never fly in or out of Dnepropetrovsk, its very unreliable and it could be the journey from hell, with any luck!....... I apologise .

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]This forum is a joke 99.9% of the time, we are not going be able to sign players like this. End of, if you think differently you have no idea what so ever about modern day football.He was in talks with Liverpool at the very end of the January transfer window which included roughly, a 20m fee and hes a rising start of European football, tore England to bits at Wembley.I think it was Monday I read on here someone suggesting we go for Ben Arfa and actually have a chance of getting him.,.... seriously what planet are these people on ? Hes on 50k + i would guess and is consistently linked with PSG. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DELUDED CLOWNS.[/quote]

Well actually some very big stars in Ukraine are legally out of contract due to the non payment of their wages. Now with sanctions about to kick in, the mafia''s who run these clubs might have to tighten their spending,

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/02/24/metalist-kharkiv-could-cease-to-exist-over-financial-problems-coach-miron-markevich-claims/128982/

Tonight at White Hart Lane, Dnipro FC look to defend their 1.0 advantage over Spurs.

There can be no excuses from Spurs if they get knocked out, they will have their best starting 11, and a pitch to their liking. Dnipro are going to be very dangerous on the break and IMO Spurs will have to score 3 goals at least to go through. Konoplyanko will have another chance to show his outstanding ability as will several other players who represent the Ukraine National team. Dnipro FC is traditionally made up of Ukrainian players unlike the other famous Ukrainian teams who import top players from Brazil.

Before the match, there will be a march to the ground of UK based Ukrainians, in honour of the fallen protesters. The first protester to be killed was 20 year old Serhiy Nihoyan from Dnipropetrovsk region .

https://www.facebook.com/events/725229414175745/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

I hope you see a good match and a Dinipro win! [ ITV coverage ]

How it was first leg and against England last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIB1RWLC82A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0EK2LC2Jbc