Sign in to follow this  
pete

Palace in most trouble

Palace with 5 home games to go including Chelsea, Man C and Liverpool also Southampton and Villa both very good away. 7 Away with games against teams such as Sunderland, Cardiff and Fulham may yield points but Palace away form is awful.

Can see maximum points they will get maybe 5 or 6 giving them max 32 points with a poor goal difference.

Also Sunderland run in looks dicey but winnable home games Palace and Cardiff, with Man C away still to be rearranged their 16 goal difference will get worse.

Cannot see them getting 10 points maximum therefore 36 points.

With Fulham and Cardiff in dire straits City look to be sitting pretty with another 8 points should see us safe. Especially now playing some good stuff.

Feeling better after Sunday hope for more Villa misery at Villa Pk on Sunday.

Forgot about West Brom haven''t won in ages, new manager with no experience of Prem or English football.

The only winnable looking game Cardiff at home. And Anelka due to be suspended shortly.

We aren''t really too badly off.

I think we are in most trouble having hapless in charge. He only wins when his job depends on it. How about bucking the trend and winning against vile on Sunday. We all know it won''t happen because of the genius of the opposition manager and coaching staff.

"I think we are in most trouble having hapless in charge. He only wins when his job depends on it. How about bucking the trend and winning against vile on Sunday. We all know it won''t happen because of the genius of the opposition manager and coaching staff."

Are you not bored of posting this sh1t yet?

It takes a special kind of sad b@stard to keep it up for this long.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]I think we are in most trouble having hapless in charge. He only wins when his job depends on it. How about bucking the trend and winning against vile on Sunday. We all know it won''t happen because of the genius of the opposition manager and coaching staff.[/quote]
The genius that probably more Villa fans want out than Norwich fans want Hughton out...

Spot on Ginge.

Bell End Canary doesn''t seem to notice that the Lambert bubble had burst by the time he left us. He clearly felt he would take us one way from where he was and best that he got out while he was winning. If he had to fight his fall-out with Bowkett, he would have been up for it with the total backing of the fanbase. The type of guy that he is means that he would never have walked away if he wanted to stay. And what''s he achieved in his other managerial posts? Not a lot, unless you count tactically outwitting Bryan Gunn before he joined us.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]I think we are in most trouble having hapless in charge. He only wins when his job depends on it. How about bucking the trend and winning against vile on Sunday. We all know it won''t happen because of the genius of the opposition manager and coaching staff.[/quote]
The genius that probably more Villa fans want out than Norwich fans want Hughton out...
[/quote]

I doubt this very much. Hughton out. I''ll not be swayed by ONE positive result. I''m sure normal service will be resumed on Sunday.

Too many fickle fans on here. Stick to your guns.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Spot on Ginge.

Bell End Canary doesn''t seem to notice that the Lambert bubble had burst by the time he left us. He clearly felt he would take us one way from where he was and best that he got out while he was winning. If he had to fight his fall-out with Bowkett, he would have been up for it with the total backing of the fanbase. The type of guy that he is means that he would never have walked away if he wanted to stay. And what''s he achieved in his other managerial posts? Not a lot, unless you count tactically outwitting Bryan Gunn before he joined us.[/quote]

Hypothetically you may be right, but you can''t be sure his bubble had burst. Certainly not sure enough to state others are wrong.

Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?

[quote user="Monkey_Nuts"]I''d say Fulham are in trouble, Cardiff definitely have some must win games against relegation rivals and I think will end up going down.[/quote]

The morning papers state Fulham players unhappy with new boss both language and training methods, he could be the next one out possibly the shortest appointment ever, Oh hang on Steve Coppell holds that title

It''s easy to stick to your guns in Lincolnshire, basically a third world country, hate is all thy have left.

[quote user="morty"]Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

Not at all. It''s just embarrassing watching all the hatred for hughton turn to love after one positive result. As if everything is just forgotten and swept under the rug.

And don''t try to deny you won''t gloat if Hughton keeps us up, you''ll be the first to say "I told you so" like many other Hughton inners.

It''s all about point scoring on here now a days, and your very much a party to that.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

Not at all. It''s just embarrassing watching all the hatred for hughton turn to love after one positive result. As if everything is just forgotten and swept under the rug.

And don''t try to deny you won''t gloat if Hughton keeps us up, you''ll be the first to say "I told you so" like many other Hughton inners.

It''s all about point scoring on here now a days, and your very much a party to that.[/quote]You should name names, because I haven''t seen anyone doing "embarrassing" U turns. Some people are realising perhaps that Sunday is the reward for an increase in performance over the last 4 games, and having a look at other clubs and the penny is dropping that perhaps we aren''t in such a bad position after all.Incorrect, I shall be happy for my football team, as any fan should be.I seem to remember reading a while ago, you''re not actually a Norwich fan, are you?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]So you''re saying, in your opinion, Norfolk is a third world county?[/quote]

Well according to Buh Lincolnshire is, so by this logic then Norfolk must also be.[/quote]Your logic maybe.But seriously, Lincolnshire is hideous.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

It''s all about point scoring on here now a days, and your very much a party to that.[/quote]

Things aren''t as black and white as that in reality, it just seems people with agendas want to polarise fans between ''inners'' and ''outers''. Personally I think Hughton should have gone in December, but now the board have persisted with him through the transfer window, I think it''d be foolish to sack him now. As such, I''ll vent my frustration when his negative tactics cost us points (West Ham away), and I''ll celebrate and congratulate when we get it right and play well (Man City and Spurs at home).

This doesn''t make me an ''inner'' or an ''outer'' – I''m just supporting my club and team because I desperately want them to remain in the Premier League. Even if we do stay up, I''d still like to see a change of manager in the summer, but for now I just hope fans will get behind the players and give us the best chance of staying up. Venting on here is fine, but when it comes to matchdays we all need to remember that we''re Norwich fans, despite our disparate opinions. OTBC.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

It''s all about point scoring on here now a days, and your very much a party to that.[/quote]

Things aren''t as black and white as that in reality, it just seems people with agendas want to polarise fans between ''inners'' and ''outers''. Personally I think Hughton should have gone in December, but now the board have persisted with him through the transfer window, I think it''d be foolish to sack him now. As such, I''ll vent my frustration when his negative tactics cost us points (West Ham away), and I''ll celebrate and congratulate when we get it right and play well (Man City and Spurs at home).

This doesn''t make me an ''inner'' or an ''outer'' – I''m just supporting my club and team because I desperately want them to remain in the Premier League. Even if we do stay up, I''d still like to see a change of manager in the summer, but for now I just hope fans will get behind the players and give us the best chance of staying up. Venting on here is fine, but when it comes to matchdays we all need to remember that we''re Norwich fans, despite our disparate opinions. OTBC.[/quote]Good stuff[Y]And an interesting point about how some people seem hell bent on polarising the fans. I find the concept odd that someone can come to a decision (on Hughton) and that no matter what happens afterwards, they can''t adjust this decision.And I have said all along, there really hasn''t been much evidence of this polarisation on matchdays, yeah people may vent frustrations but there certainly hasn''t been the poison atmosphere that a few have tried to make out.

What''s worse, gloating because we won or gloating because a we failed?

Gloating at the failure of the club you claim to support is horrendous. Binner level stuff.

Just FYI guys I''ve managed to book status quo to open the charity concert I''m organising for Lincolnshire.

Remember, give a man a flat peak cap and he''ll look like a tw@t. Teach a man to make a flat peak cap and he''ll make everyone in Lincolnshire look like a tw@t

[quote user="ricardo"]Sunderland have yet to play 6 of the top 7.And 5 of those games are away!!!![/quote]

About this time last year Ricardo, maybe a bit before, you did a ''scientific'' analysis of our and our rival''s postions and forecast positions based on points per game over the season so far. I haven''t looked at it since but from memory it was pretty accurate and forecast our safety with ease while most around were screaming relegation.

I think it''s about time you did it again. Although i would add a variation this time for "new manager effect". I.e. fisnishing position based on ppg over the season AND since the arrival of a new manager. That probably wouldn''t work for Fulham because they have change twice and the change has had little effect anyway. But certainly Pulis has improved Palace so it''d be worth looking at their ppg under him and Sunderland''s under Poyet.

So, looking forward to that, our resident sage! [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Oh dear, and that sums it up perfectly.Its all about being right Lincoln, and "I told you so" isn''t it?You''re not even a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

It''s all about point scoring on here now a days, and your very much a party to that.[/quote]You should name names, because I haven''t seen anyone doing "embarrassing" U turns. Some people are realising perhaps that Sunday is the reward for an increase in performance over the last 4 games, and having a look at other clubs and the penny is dropping that perhaps we aren''t in such a bad position after all.Incorrect, I shall be happy for my football team, as any fan should be.I seem to remember reading a while ago, you''re not actually a Norwich fan, are you?[/quote]

I thought Lincoln was a Reading supporter from memory, Morty - albeit one with a Iwan avatar *scratches head*

Personally, these are my reasons for having resisted the urge to jump on the Hughton even though I''ve felt as bleak as anyone else about this season at times.
  • The team is behind him and has his confidence (based on what a lot of them have said in interviews and also on what McNally said in his recent interview)
  • He demonstrated that he could keep us up last season, finishing in a position far better than would be expected given that  we were one of the cheapest teams in the league.
  • He''s only been a manager for a few years. There''s potential for growth and his attempts towards a more attacking balance this season demonstrate that he doesn''t want to conform to the purely defensive minded caricature that he is often painted with.
  • Possession stats up on last season
  • Forward play has been

improving and looking more fluid with shots increased and shots on

target increased. That this hasn''t translated into more goals scored is

simply a bit of a freak.
  • He''s done well at attracting players to the club that I would have expected to have gone to more established Premier League clubs (Nathan Redmond in particular)
  • He appears to have been able to have kept us out of the relegation zone

and within reach of that tenth place target for most of the season

despite numerous injury problems and having a large number of newbies

with no previous premier league experience to bind into a team and even

though we are still one of the cheaper squads in the league
  • No guarantees that a replacement will be an improvement, particularly if the move is reactive during the season and there''s not a compelling replacement.
  • Statistical research that managerial change rarely has a significant effect beyond a short term boost if team morale is low (which it isn''t at Norwich), rather that teams tend to go towards a mean level of performance more connected with the squad fundamentals
  • He has demonstrated a lot of interest in the academy and enthusiasm to

bringing academy products into the senior mix (Josh and Jacob).
  • Clubs that stick with the same manager for a long period of time tend to become more consistent (Arsenal, Man U, Everton) Note that that consistency isn''t always there at the outset, Alex Ferguson finished 11th in one of his earlier seasons.
  • I like the bloke

Basically, I think he''s a really good fit. If the board decides otherwise at some point then fair enough. If we''d actually got into the relegation zone in any serious way during the season I''d have felt differently, but that hasn''t happened. I can understand other people getting on his back when things have not gone our way, even if I felt that a lot of charges at his door were more down to individual mistakes than anything to do with training and strategy. I don''t pretend to understand the motivations of people like City1st who are intent on attacking the man whatever is going on.